National Luna Dual Refrigerator 12v issues

Default National Luna Dual Refrigerator 12v issues

Hi.
    I have a conqueror conquest trailer with a NL dual fridge/freezer. I hope there is someone who can give some advice on sorting the issue.

When the fridge is connected to 230v. Everything works fine. When connected to 12v the NL starts then stops and the fault light blinks 2 times.

Connecting the NL directly to the battery (took it out and put it next to the NL.. still same issue..
    Connecting it to a bigger battery (next to NL) Then we get no faults.. and NL is working perfectly from the bigger battery..
    install the bigger battery in the nose of the conquest.. connect to bigger battery... and it switches of again...
    connect wires directly to bigger battery (with other (+-3mm) in front without anything else connected.. an NL is not working...

The only time the NL worked on 12v is when the bigger battery was less than 1meter from it and connected directly...

Can it be the fan (fault ID Indicates 2 flashes = fan issues) The fan is working fine on 230v

did anyone have the same problem?

Advice would be great!

Default Re: National Luna Dual Refrigerator 12v issues

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureGirl View Post
    Hi. I have a conqueror conquest trailer with a NL dual fridge/freezer. I hope there is someone who can give some advice on sorting the issue. When the fridge is connected to 230v. Everything works fine. When connected to 12v the NL starts then stops and the fault light blinks 2 times. Connecting the NL directly to the battery (took it out and put it next to the NL.. still same issue.. Connecting it to a bigger battery (next to NL) Then we get no faults.. and NL is working perfectly from the bigger battery.. install the bigger battery in the nose of the conquest.. connect to bigger battery... and it switches of again... connect wires directly to bigger battery (with other (+-3mm) in front without anything else connected.. an NL is not working... The only time the NL worked on 12v is when the bigger battery was less than 1meter from it and connected directly... Can it be the fan (fault ID Indicates 2 flashes = fan issues) The fan is working fine on 230vdid anyone have the same problem?Advice would be great!
    If there is a low voltage cutoff setting on the fridge, it might be set too high..
    _______________________________________Dum vivimus, vivamus!With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    If there is a low voltage cutoff setting on the fridge, it might be set too high..
    Don't think there is... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50B8FD32-EF41-43BC-8364-61450FD690E8.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	554845

Do you have the same problem when running it directly from a vehicle whilst the engine is running? (I.e. from the alternator?)
    Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4; Stofpad Bashplate; LR tank; Racor

Hi, that fridge do have low voltage settings, refer to the manual or contact National Luna in Edenvale. It's not that easy to go into the settings for obvious reasons.

I don't know how old your Conquest is but I had the same issue and do understand that the newer models have been corrected. The electrical cable used is not thick enough and I had to replace to a thicker cable and then sorted out. National luna's manual requires 4mm˛ or grater and this is not what was in my Conquest. See attached extract from National Luna's manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Quintin2812 View Post
    I don't know how old your Conquest is but I had the same issue and do understand that the newer models have been corrected. The electrical cable used is not thick enough and I had to replace to a thicker cable and then sorted out. National luna's manual requires 4mm˛ or grater and this is not what was in my Conquest. See attached extract from National Luna's manual.

agree. Conqueror used some woefully undersized wiring- that leads to voltage drop - and that fridge has adjustable low voltage cutout. The thin wiring is likely leading to low voltage cutout.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    agree. Conqueror used some woefully undersized wiring- that leads to voltage drop - and that fridge has adjustable low voltage cutout. The thin wiring is likely leading to low voltage cutout.
    Had the same on my Echo, so for a short term fix Ive set the cutout voltage on the NL to minimum to let the battery system controller manage the battery.