Battery box question

Default Battery box question

I have 2 x 105ah batteries with a 2000w pure sine wave inverter.
    I just want to know can I plug all my stuff I run from it during loadshedding permanently on it and keep my charger on it.
    So when loadshedding starts everything just keep on runni g or do I have to unplug everything and plug it in with loadshedding.

Default Re: Battery box question

It depend what sort/brand of inverter it is and what you planning to run of it? Is it a 12v or 24v inverter? Give a bit more info on that part. Remember, You can only pull a certain amount of DC amps and you can only use half of the battery amps before you go under 50% of the capacity where you starting to shorten the cycle life span of your lead acid battery.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbike View Post
    I have 2 x 105ah batteries with a 2000w pure sine wave inverter.
    I just want to know can I plug all my stuff I run from it during loadshedding permanently on it and keep my charger on it.
    So when loadshedding starts everything just keep on runni g or do I have to unplug everything and plug it in with loadshedding.
    You can permanently run everything from the inverter.

Make sure it's a durable and reliable brand/model as it will run permanently.

2000W is a lot. Keep DC wires short and thick.

2x 105Ah batteries will only give you about 45mins at the full 2000W without damaging the batteries. So keep the loads well below 2000W and/or add more batteries.
    Riaan

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 GX-R
    2015 Toyota Land Cruiser 76 4.5TD V8
    2017 VW Golf 7.5 R
    2016 Bush Lapa Miskruier (Kampwa)

My problem in the past has been that the battery life 45min - 90min has been too short for practical purposes. And consider we may now be heading for Stage 6 - 8!

Also the time to recharge the batteries took too long with repeated loadsheds.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    My problem in the past has been that the battery life 45min - 90min has been too short for practical purposes. And consider we may now be heading for Stage 6 - 8!

Also the time to recharge the batteries took too long with repeated loadsheds.
    Jip, because the 105 batteries isn't really build for this sort of stuff. The harder you start pulling amps, the quicker it start draining and when you start going the 50% of use amp power of the battery, the lest cycles you start getting out of it.

What brand inverter is it?

Ignoring lithium (cost) any other battery types worth considering?

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

I would consider this...Lithium I know

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...32#post4304332
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

You can go for this Lithium battery, for the price that you going to pay for 2 105 lead acids this will lithium setup will outlast them https://lithiumbatteriessa.co.za/col...-120ah-lifepo4 You can go check the FB to of the reviews. I'm busy building a 52v setup out of 16 Lifepo4 sells for my Solar setup at home.

At the moment I am only running my wifi, hifi and x2 tv's

How many amps is the charger.

What you are describing will probably only draw about 300w or so. (Edit I see 2x TV's, maybe 600W then) So I think it will be fine so long as your charger can keep up.

Otherwise look at something like this.

https://www.geewiz.co.za/mecer-inver...igent-fan.html

Link it in parallel to your two batteries and you will hours of run time. Just be aware the fan is a bit noisy, so try put in another room. It will cut across from standby to battery backup without dropping the power to your devices. Can run TV, DSTV, internet and a lamp no problem.
    Last edited by Quiksilver; 2020/01/14 at 10:27 AM.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksilver View Post
    How many amps is the charger.

What you are describing will probably only draw about 300w or so. (Edit I see 2x TV's, maybe 600W then) So I think it will be fine so long as your charger can keep up.

Otherwise look at something like this.

https://www.geewiz.co.za/mecer-inver...igent-fan.html

Link it in parallel to your two batteries and you will hours of run time. Just be aware the fan is a bit noisy, so try put in another room. It will cut across from standby to battery backup without dropping the power to your devices. Can run TV, DSTV, internet and a lamp no problem.
    With the OP already having 2 batteries for R250 more one can buy the 1440W Mecer that can also pull a fridge while the inverter in the link being 720W would not start a fridge. For me it seems like better value to have double the output power.

This answer is based from a friend who has both these inverters in use.
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2020/01/14 at 09:05 PM.

How would you link it in parallel to your two batteries?