Trailblazer clutch replacement "robbery" by Fury Isuzu

Default Trailblazer clutch replacement "robbery" by Fury Isuzu

Toward the middle on December my Chev Trailblazer's had a clutch problem. It would either stay in or out as you pressed it and not actually engage. We had the car towed to Fury Isuzu in Woodmead and they told me I needed to replace the clutch at R35k.

I chatted to a couple of mechanics my family often deal with and they both said it sounded more like a Master Cylinder problem and probably not the clutch. When I pushed Fury on this, they admitted it may only be the Cylinder and quoted me R 5 523 to replace it.

The car was only ready a couple days before Christmas and when they sent me the invoice, they charged me R 11 046 (exactly double the quoted amount). When I queried that fact they said they "found" my quote and claimed the person that had done it was already on leave so they didn't know but the person I was dealing with now had been cc'd on all the emails previously.

Doesn't anyone know if I can take this further as I feel like they basically tried to rob me.

Default Re: Trailblazer clutch replacement "robbery" by Fury Isuzu

Wow!? I traded my 2013 Trailblazer 2.8D 4x4 Manual in last week, Had it for 6 years, starting to show it's age a little. Looks like it was in good time.
    2018 Ford Everest XLT 3.2 4x4 Auto
    2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4x4 MT (SOLD)

Photography : https://500px.com/c0rn3llman5

My girlfriend asked me to whisper 4 special words into her ear... so I said : "Ons gaan NOU braai!"

Seems this is how Fury does business. I was also ripped off with a clutch by Fury Toyota Darrenwood (long story short it was installed incorrectly and now I need to pay (half) to replace it again, 6k km after it was installed).

Escalate the issue to the service manager and then the DP. You can seek legal assistance if that doesn't work but it will probably cost you more at the end of day.

Other than spreading the word and not doing business with them again I couldn't do much else unfortunately.

The Fury DP and service managed called me this morning to apologize for what transpired and get things sorted out.