Lazarus Ford

Thread: Lazarus Ford

Thumbs up Lazarus Ford

I just have to share my recent experience with Lazarus Ford Centurion.

I drive a 2016 Ranger 2.2 D/C 4x4(72,000km) still under warranty and service plan.
    On my way back to Pretoria from holiday on Sunday 5 January the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree approximately 200km from home. The two messages that appeared was ESC Service Req'd & Hill descent control malfunction. ​ I immediately stopped at the side of the road to see what could be the problem. All seemed fine and I restarted and drove off. Almost immediately the warning lights came back on and I just pressed OK until all alarms was silenced. I took photos of the messages before clearing.

First thing Monday morning I took the vehicle to Lazarus Ford Centurion as this is the workshop/dealer where I have had all services done before and nearest to my house. So I explain the whole story to the lady at the service counter and she asks me if the errors still show, I tell her that it has cleared after I presses OK and by then have restarted the vehicle a few times. Fortunately I took pics and showed her. So she tells me it is probably nothing to worry about in that case and that if it comes on again I must bring the vehicle in. I ask her if they can please run a diagnostic to see what the issue could be as the vehicle is still under warranty. She went to speak to the service manager and then tells me that I will have to book the vehicle in to run such a test and that it will cost R750.
    I told her that the vehicle is still under warranty and how on earth can they charge me to figure out what the problem could be. She just shrugged and told me that it is company policy.

So after telling her where to go I phone Ford Head office who tells me that this service charge is in fact standard for all dealers. I still cannot believe this.....

I drove straight to Fury Ford Midrand to see if the results would be any better. Explained the problem I had with the warning lights and show the service lady the same photos. I ask her if they can possibly run a diagnostic test to see what the problem could be. No questions asked she phones one of the workshop managers who promptly arrives and ask me for the keys. Less than five minutes later he came back to tell me the left rear leaf spring is broken which is causing the error messages. He told me that there was no way he will allow me drive the vehicle another 10 meters as the consequence could be fatal. (No Charge...)

Not having the parts in stock meant I had to leave the vehicle at the dealer and they immediately arranged for a driver to drop me in Pretoria. Two hours later I received a phone call to inform me that they will replace the leaf spring FOC as it is covered by the warranty and have ordered the new parts from Ford SA. This is what I call Great Service.........!!!

I guess from now on all my services and future business will be with Fury Ford Midrand.

Default Re: Lazarus Ford

All comes down to good customer service. Treat your customers the way you want to be treated

I am glad you got sorted - what a pleasure to deal with such an outfit.
    Ezzac

Quote Originally Posted by EHoffmann View Post
    All comes down to good customer service. Treat your customers the way you want to be treated

I am glad you got sorted - what a pleasure to deal with such an outfit.
    For sure.
    You can have the best product in the world but if service is lacking your business won't last.

Some people want your money once. Others want your money for life
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

Hope you send a link to this thread to Lazarus Ford with an appropriate covering note.
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

Quote Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
    For sure.
    You can have the best product in the world but if service is lacking your business won't last.
    I think this is one of the main reasons hilux is still out-selling rangers.
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    JOH!

I actually like this story and I really like hearing stories like these. I am glad you got the problem sorted out. I have heard of a similar story where Lazarus Ford takes quite some time when doing a service, where Fury Ford in Midrand does it in half a day. (This was on a Wildtrak about 1 year ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    So alle toy eienaars is 100% tevrede met hul diens by enige toy handelaar? Klink te goed om waar te wees.
    Henk
    So understand
    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
    Face up, make your stand
    And realize you're living in the golden years

I have also had excellent service from Fury Ford.

After having driven Ford/Mazda products for almost 20 years with most of them purchased from Lazarus Ford I got the same 'pay for a scan attitude (which I did, bought and fitted the spares they diagnosed, problem not resolved - OK scan again and pay again it must be something else)'. That is exactly the reason why I quit my support for the brand and will never buy a Ford/Mazda product again or anything for that matter from Lazarus Ford. Having moved to another brand does not mean everything is perfect but the odd issue I had was resolved and ( at least until now) I have not had the 'you pay me for my incorrect/incomplete work until we strike luck and it is fixed' attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by nicom View Post
    After having driven Ford/Mazda products for almost 20 years with most of them purchased from Lazarus Ford I got the same 'pay for a scan attitude (which I did, bought and fitted the spares they diagnosed, problem not resolved - OK scan again and pay again it must be something else)'. That is exactly the reason why I quit my support for the brand and will never buy a Ford/Mazda product again or anything for that matter from Lazarus Ford. Having moved to another brand does not mean everything is perfect but the odd issue I had was resolved and ( at least until now) I have not had the 'you pay me for my incorrect/incomplete work until we strike luck and it is fixed' attitude.
    Yup. They certainly make you feel as if they are doing you a favour and it does nothing good for the brand. No wonder Ford sales have declined year after year.
    Unfortunately this is not only a Ford problem. Fortunately there are still some dealers with a bit of integrity.

Yup. They certainly make you feel as if they are doing you a favour and it does nothing good for the brand. No wonder Ford sales have declined year after year.
    Unfortunately this is not only a Ford problem. Fortunately there are still some dealers with a bit of integrity.
    Been dealing with Lazarus since 2008 when I purchased my first Ford (a Territory) from them, since then another 4 incl two Rangers and never had any issues or poor service from them. Also cannot recall that I ever had to apy for a diagnostic scan, if the vehicle is still under factory warranty part of diagnosing any issue usually includes scanning/evaluating error codes and may include a full scan. This is always but always at zero cost...else we would be starting to pay for a techie to just scratch his head about a problem! Just had my latest Ranger there for its first service and as always none, zero, zilch, nada problems or costs. R u sure the service agent understood what needed to be done?

Quote Originally Posted by jorgl View Post
    Been dealing with Lazarus since 2008 when I purchased my first Ford (a Territory) from them, since then another 4 incl two Rangers and never had any issues or poor service from them. Also cannot recall that I ever had to apy for a diagnostic scan, if the vehicle is still under factory warranty part of diagnosing any issue usually includes scanning/evaluating error codes and may include a full scan. This is always but always at zero cost...else we would be starting to pay for a techie to just scratch his head about a problem! Just had my latest Ranger there for its first service and as always none, zero, zilch, nada problems or costs. R u sure the service agent understood what needed to be done?
    They were well aware what needed to be done. I explained the errors I got and showed them the pics I took of the notifications.
    I explained that I had to clear the errors as the alarms was going crazy and I still had 200km to travel.
    When they told me that it will cost R750 to run a diagnostic test I made it very clear that the vehicle was still under factory warranty as well as service plan. This vehicle had each and every service done at Lazarus and they have the full history on the system. I was very clear, believe me.

I also service my Kuga at Lazarus and never had problems. I bought my Kuga at Fury Midrand and and engine light came on and they only reset it everytime with no problem found. Took the Kuga to Lazarus and they found the problem and contact Ford South Africa which send 3 days later a software patch to resolve the problem. Since then i service my Kuga at Lazarus and never payed for software scan/check. Even when my Kuga's motor packed up on 115000 km they arranged a car for me and 3 days later notified me that Ford wil pay under the extended warranty. The only problem was Ford could only supply and engine 2 months later because of no stock in SA.

Kuga is going next week in for 120000km service at Lazarus. I get every time the same mechanic that work on my Kuga and did not asked for it.

They were well aware what needed to be done. I explained the errors I got and showed them the pics I took of the notifications.
    I explained that I had to clear the errors as the alarms was going crazy and I still had 200km to travel.
    When they told me that it will cost R750 to run a diagnostic test I made it very clear that the vehicle was still under factory warranty as well as service plan. This vehicle had each and every service done at Lazarus and they have the full history on the system. I was very clear, believe me.
    Adam, i would take this directly to the Dealer Principal and Ford Customer Services itself. It still does not sound right and makes no sense for them to charge to run a diagnostic on a vehicle under warranty. To share bad dealer experiences on a forum like this is one thing but it will never solve the issue as the DP probably will never see it here. Its also useful for other forum members to know what the solution/excuse was from both Laz's and Ford's side.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgl View Post
    Adam, i would take this directly to the Dealer Principal and Ford Customer Services itself. It still does not sound right and makes no sense for them to charge to run a diagnostic on a vehicle under warranty. To share bad dealer experiences on a forum like this is one thing but it will never solve the issue as the DP probably will never see it here. Its also useful for other forum members to know what the solution/excuse was from both Laz's and Ford's side.
    Hi jorgl,

In fact I did phone Ford SA customer service while still at Lazarus as I could not believe that the dealer wanted to charge me to run a diagnostic on a vehicle under warranty which is giving a problem. They told me it is 100% in order for the dealer to charge for this service and that whatever fault they find would be covered by the warranty if it is something covered by the warranty.

Thus the reason for my rant...

I also find this very strange. Two weeks ago my Fortuner went for his service and I asked them to check the turbo as there was a whine. Vehicle is still under extended warranty.

They quoted me on an hour labour additional to the service labour. Upon enquiry they told me that if there is nothing wrong with the turbo I will have to pay the labour, but if it is indeed faulty there will be no charge.

I agreed to this and understand this. Upon inspection they did in fact find there is a turbo whine and they replaced the turbo under warranty.

I was not charged the hour labour as per agreement and to me that is how it should be.

I was a happy customer.

PS: this is not to brand bash.

Hi jorgl,

In fact I did phone Ford SA customer service while still at Lazarus as I could not believe that the dealer wanted to charge me to run a diagnostic on a vehicle under warranty which is giving a problem. They told me it is 100% in order for the dealer to charge for this service and that whatever fault they find would be covered by the warranty if it is something covered by the warranty.

Thus the reason for my rant...
    Eish, strange they never ever did that to me....if they did this customer will also move elsewhere pronto (in fact at each service I ask them to check for software updates as well and if there are to install it, again never paid for that either. I still would make an appointment with the DP and hear his side of the story....I learned the hard way to never ever negotiate with angels but rather with God himself. Problem if you just phone customer services (for any company) you are more than likely to talk to a glorified clerk who has no ability to make decisions....