Pajero Evolution

Default Pajero Evolution

Did we officially get the Pajero Evolution here?

Would not mind getting my hands on one.

"Mitsubishi motors have a great tradition of winning the gruelling Paris-Dakar rally raid with almost metronomic regularity. This year, the Dakar sees Mitsubishi facing some serious competition from Volkswagen, who are currently leading after just a few stages. A few years back, in 1997, Mitsubishi launched a special road car to celebrate their Dakar successes. Called the Pajero Evolution , it was to form the basis for the 1998 Mitsubishi Dakar rally effort.

Based on a shortened Pajero chassis, it was fitted with a new 3.5 litre V6, the 6G74. Featuring Mitsubishi's variable valve timing and lift control system and a variable intake system MIVEC, the 3496 cc engine produced a claimed 280 PS (206 kW) at 6500 rpm and 348 Nm of torque at 3000 rpm. The oversquare 93.0 mm bore and 85.8 mm stroke engine had a compression ratio of 10.0:1, twin overhead cams and 4 valves per cylinder. Transmission was either a 5 speed manual, or optionally, a 5 speed automatic. No official performance claims or independent road tests are known, but it is estimated that the 0-100 km/h sprint took less than 8 seconds, and that the top speed was in excess of 200 km/h.

The wheelbase was just 2420 mm and overall length 4075 mm, which made the Pajero Evolution something of a short and stubby projectile. The bonnet was made from aluminium to reduce weight, and featured a prominent air intake. The 3 door body was decked with other spoilers, air intakes, air vents, side air dams, and also had dramatically flared wheelarches, although the tyres were similar to the production Pajero's, with a size of 265/70 R 16. It's all-round independent suspension was at that time a unique feature for an off-road 4X4. Specification levels were quite high for this kind of special edition, with ABS, SRS airbags, keyless entry, Recaro front seats and fully automatic airconditioning"

4ePajero Guest

No, there are imports, but they were never sold here.

The Dakar winners only looked like Evos and used the basic engine and drive train.

but ..... they wore the three diamonds logo!

Ek weet nie of Mutsi hulle ingevoer het nie, maar ek het eendag daar by Speedy Car sales in Klerksdorp na een staan en kyk. Is daar nie maar net 200 eenhede gebou nie. Sal 'n collecters item wees nou.
    No one ever ruined their eyesight by looking at the BRIGHT side!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Nissan King Cab (aka Navara )
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    Albert Einstein

Whoooopa 3 The Goat strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw5...ature=youtu.be

Another teazer.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KljMSXOnI

Naah - not as exclusive as one might think, several thousand were produced, and I know of at least 3 in Cape Town, one of which I was very tempted to buy earlier this year (I would still buy one if I still had the cash)

There was even one for sale on this forum a while back.

As a matter of interest the Evo was introduced in response to the Dakar's new T3 class in 1997, which is now combined with the T2 class in the Super Production class. Several retail versions of the Evo were entered in the T1 class (standard production) over the years of the Dakar, with the best finish being third IIRC driven by Neil Woolridge and Kenny Skjoldhammer (remember them?). They also won the South African Group D championship once or twice in the same car.
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Default Pajer Evo.

When I was in the market for a Paj two years ago, I was offered this Evo for R180 000.00 It had 50 000 km on the clock and was almost better than new!
    I eventually settled for a demo 2007 SWB. The fuel consumption on the Evo put me off. It was Very Heavy according to the owner. I dont remember the actual figure quoted unfortuneatly.

Anybody interested in botswana registered pajero evo please contact me.

Hi there,

Desperatly looking for a Pajero Evo. Does anyone know of any "lying around"

Thanks
    Nicolas

Default price range?

what price range do they go for?

There were 10 pajero EVO's imported in to RSA via MM years back think only 5 or 6 left on SA roads local reg and legal here.

We have one of the few manual one's
    My dads pride and joy

Quote Originally Posted by smokey_x View Post
    There were 10 pajero EVO's imported in to RSA via MM years back think only 5 or 6 left on SA roads local reg and legal here.

My dads pride and joy

Refer my post on Pajero Club. Way more than you claim
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Default Re: Pajero Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by smokey_x View Post

My dads pride and joy
    Hi Smokeyx,

greetings

I see you have or did own one of the original imported to SA , pajero evo , Ihave two which I imported from Japan into Botswana and all without service books or manuals.
    I would be grateful to find out if you were ever issued an english version with the SA imports.

thanks and kind regards,
    Lorrie ([email protected])

There is a guy in lesotho with 4 or 5 Evos in his collectiion

Quote Originally Posted by eyetye View Post
    Hi Smokeyx,

greetings

I see you have or did own one of the original imported to SA , pajero evo , Ihave two which I imported from Japan into Botswana and all without service books or manuals.
    I would be grateful to find out if you were ever issued an english version with the SA imports.

thanks and kind regards,
    Lorrie ([email protected])
    I suspect he wont reply to your post - he hasnt been active on the forum since 2016
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 DI-D 4x4
    BL925 - Ratel 4

I know of a toppie in the East Rand who has something like 7. Two or so are legal REG in SA. the rest Botswanna plates