Gauteng-a-leng GTG - Page 11





Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 261
  1. #201
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,132
    Thanked: 100

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Christoff View Post
    Using this weekend as a dry-run for some new mods for CKGR trip, thus don't judge me for being completely over-packed for this one

    Can we buy wood at Rametsi (enough wood) or should we just bring with? (sorry if I missed it in the thread / docs somewhere)

    Tx
    They have electrickery points at each site so just take a elec heater and braai
    A legend in his own mind

  2. #202
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanked: 10222

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    G'Day all

    4 more sleeps

    Skihili suggested a GTG whatsapp group and I think its a good idea. If you wish, pm me with you cell number and I can add you to the group.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  3. #203
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanked: 10222

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Christoff View Post
    Using this weekend as a dry-run for some new mods for CKGR trip, thus don't judge me for being completely over-packed for this one

    Can we buy wood at Rametsi (enough wood) or should we just bring with? (sorry if I missed it in the thread / docs somewhere)

    Tx
    Christoff, I would suggest that you bring sufficient although I am told it is available. It wouldnt be the first time that I have arrived to find ''Out of Stock'' on items that should be available
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,219
    Thanked: 868

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    This is going the most chaotic camping weekend for me since in forever, I cannot remember when the last time was that we went camping, my camping stuff is somewhere between the Wendy, my mom's house and who knows where. Plan was to take Friday off, start packing on Thursday evening and just do the last bits on Friday morning. Now it looks like there will be a meeting to attend in the morning first so, if I land up there with half the stuff left at home, I'll just pretend that it's a survival weekend

    Garrie
    Defender 110 TD5 CSW 18P loving every moment driving it !!!!!
    Suzuki Jimny with custom made rack and drawers view here - Sold
    Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miems For This Useful Post:


  6. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanked: 2858

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Miems View Post
    This is going the most chaotic camping weekend for me since in forever, I cannot remember when the last time was that we went camping, my camping stuff is somewhere between the Wendy, my mom's house and who knows where. Plan was to take Friday off, start packing on Thursday evening and just do the last bits on Friday morning. Now it looks like there will be a meeting to attend in the morning first so, if I land up there with half the stuff left at home, I'll just pretend that it's a survival weekend
    Don't forget the Gin!
    _______________________________________
    Dum vivimus, vivamus!
    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

  7. #206
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanked: 10222

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Don't forget the Gin!
    Judging by Miems" post methinks that might be Top O the List
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  8. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,219
    Thanked: 868

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Judging by Miems" post methinks that might be Top O the List
    But of course, I'm much nicer when medicated

    Garrie
    Defender 110 TD5 CSW 18P loving every moment driving it !!!!!
    Suzuki Jimny with custom made rack and drawers view here - Sold
    Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution...

  9. #208
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,872
    Thanked: 2126

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Looking at the video there seems to be some nice obstacles. Are you doing the 24km route?
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

    Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...







  10. #209
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Magaliesig
    Age
    61
    Posts
    64
    Thanked: 38

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Morning All

    So I just stumbled across this thread this morning, and it sounds awesome. It would be great to finally meet some members of the forum.

    Question: does anyone have any ideas if there are still any campsites available? Or maybe someone has pulled out at the last minute and I can take over their campsite - I'm more than happy to cover the cost thereof. It will just be myself and my tent. And possibly only for Saturday night as we have a team-building on Friday finishing at about 15:30, that would mean arriving around 18:00 or a bit later. Probably enough time to pitch a tent, I suppose...

    Another question: I have very little in the way of camping kit (finances have put an end to fitting out my 'rok), so for example are you doing a communal braai in the evenings or something? Can I pitch up with meat, some sides and obviously some cold refreshment and beg a place on someone's fire? Or the communal fire?

    Thanks!

  11. #210
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,132
    Thanked: 100

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    Morning All

    So I just stumbled across this thread this morning, and it sounds awesome. It would be great to finally meet some members of the forum.

    Question: does anyone have any ideas if there are still any campsites available? Or maybe someone has pulled out at the last minute and I can take over their campsite - I'm more than happy to cover the cost thereof. It will just be myself and my tent. And possibly only for Saturday night as we have a team-building on Friday finishing at about 15:30, that would mean arriving around 18:00 or a bit later. Probably enough time to pitch a tent, I suppose...

    Another question: I have very little in the way of camping kit (finances have put an end to fitting out my 'rok), so for example are you doing a communal braai in the evenings or something? Can I pitch up with meat, some sides and obviously some cold refreshment and beg a place on someone's fire? Or the communal fire?

    Thanks!
    Send Estee a PM,he's organising things and can answer all your questions...
    A legend in his own mind

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to incrediblebob For This Useful Post:


  13. #211
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanked: 2858

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    Looking at the video there seems to be some nice obstacles. Are you doing the 24km route?
    That video is VERY old
    _______________________________________
    Dum vivimus, vivamus!
    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

  14. #212
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanked: 10222

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    Morning All

    So I just stumbled across this thread this morning, and it sounds awesome. It would be great to finally meet some members of the forum.

    Question: does anyone have any ideas if there are still any campsites available? Or maybe someone has pulled out at the last minute and I can take over their campsite - I'm more than happy to cover the cost thereof. It will just be myself and my tent. And possibly only for Saturday night as we have a team-building on Friday finishing at about 15:30, that would mean arriving around 18:00 or a bit later. Probably enough time to pitch a tent, I suppose...

    Another question: I have very little in the way of camping kit (finances have put an end to fitting out my 'rok), so for example are you doing a communal braai in the evenings or something? Can I pitch up with meat, some sides and obviously some cold refreshment and beg a place on someone's fire? Or the communal fire?

    Thanks!
    PM sent
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  15. #213
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Magaliesig
    Age
    61
    Posts
    64
    Thanked: 38

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Hi All

    I can only make it on Saturday morning - payment done. I look forward to meeting some members face-to-face...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:


  17. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Birchleigh
    Age
    61
    Posts
    125
    Thanked: 50

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Hi there, Ama, glad you could make it.

    CU Saturday.
    Skihili

    2019 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC 4x4 Auto
    Old school. QL is not an instructor.

  18. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,872
    Thanked: 2126

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    That video is VERY old
    Ok. But how is this applicable to my question?

    Not being snarky, serious question.
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

    Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...







  19. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,309
    Thanked: 2858

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    Ok. But how is this applicable to my question?Not being snarky, serious question.
    I think that video is 10years old, maybe more so what I meant was that most of the obstacles will not be the same, I was not answering your question. But regarding your question, we have a suspicion that the trails have not been used much of late, and they have had a LOT of rain in the last few months, so most of the trail/s are unknown to any of us. Estee is going to recce the trails on Thursday and then we will probably pick a trail based on his notes.
    _______________________________________
    Dum vivimus, vivamus!
    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:


  21. #217
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,872
    Thanked: 2126

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Tx, that makes sense.

    I believe your trails will then conform to the overlanding definition in the overlanding thread...

    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

    Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...







  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:


  23. #218
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ruimsig
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,739
    Thanked: 10222

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    Tx, that makes sense.

    I believe your trails will then conform to the overlanding definition in the overlanding thread...

    There is no such thing as Overlanding Rainier, we cleared that up in that thread.

    The trails are open, our recce will be to advise on the possible grading of each trail and be able to give a brief run down on them (Obstacle/Landmarks/etc)

    The intent is to be able to advise on a leisurely game drive route up to a route where Bob's skills might be required.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

    Hummer H3 V8

    W.A.P Objectivist

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:


  25. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Posts
    841
    Thanked: 23

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Wow totally missed this. You guys are literally around the corner from us. Would love to come through on Saturday and say hi if it is possible.

    Dirk thanks for the heads-up
    “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
    Dr. Seuss


    JohanVisser's Swambo

    Platkar - Volvo V40 D3 (woelwater)
    Platkar - VW Polo 1.2 TDI Bluemotion*sold*
    Platkar - VW Vivo 1.6*sold*

  26. #220
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,219
    Thanked: 868

    Default Re: Gauteng-a-leng GTG

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyangeL View Post
    Wow totally missed this. You guys are literally around the corner from us. Would love to come through on Saturday and say hi if it is possible.

    Dirk thanks for the heads-up

    Yes please it would be lovely to see you again

    Garrie
    Defender 110 TD5 CSW 18P loving every moment driving it !!!!!
    Suzuki Jimny with custom made rack and drawers view here - Sold
    Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •