Moreleta spruit safety and security?

Default Moreleta spruit safety and security?

I'm looking at property bordering the Moreleta spruit, as the heading states, does anyone here stay close or know anything about the safety of that area?

What are the chance of the spruit being expropriated in the future?
    D90
    D130

Default Re: Moreleta spruit safety and security?

Which suburb, the spruit is a long waterway.
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbief View Post
    Which suburb, the spruit is a long waterway.
    Lynnwood manor, so close to lynnwood road.
    D90
    D130

4. The Following User Says Thank You to D-tox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by D-tox View Post
    I'm looking at property bordering the Moreleta spruit, as the heading states, does anyone here stay close or know anything about the safety of that area?

What are the chance of the spruit being expropriated in the future?
    I don't think it's likely to be expropriated, unless they like being washed away every now and then.

I stay along the veld. Security can be a problem at times, precast walls or palisade fencing or single layer brick walls not good on own, top to bottom electric fencing recommended. Security companies cannot really patrol the spruit. I have a hyperactive dog that sleeps light and stays in the back section, so know when someones passes behind my house whether day or night, LED floodlights light my section of veld up and is a deterrent to some, but not all, from even passing there at night. CCTV cameras mounted overlooking veld assists in seeing what bothered said dog (LED floodlights assist the range of the CCTV viewing at night).

One can stay there many years with nothing happening and then a group of night time burglars decide to hit the area until it becomes to tough for them and they move on.

The whole East of PTA is affected by daytime criminals driving in cars, lifting motor gates of their rails/bending the toothed tracks away/jumping over wall/fence and breaking/interfering with gate motors for manual release/to press the onboard button, mainly break-ins, sometimes break-ins turned armed robbery and rarely house robberies. So motor gate must be protected from these types for attack and the walls/fencing not scalable (electric fencing or razorwire). Gate motors are a popular item to steal too at night, but protecting from the above will protect against that. Old style water meters are targeted at times too at night, plastic ones not.
    Last edited by supersunbird; 2020/02/24 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Suburb was named

But there are positives too, it's nice and quiet from behind the house, there are so many bird species, we have even seen porcupines there.

Friends of ours stay in Farnham road and on there side of Lynnwood Manor it is fairly quiet. But follow the advice above. Make sure your security facing the spruit is top notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-tox View Post
    Lynnwood manor, so close to lynnwood road.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Thanks for the info, this is helpful, it does seem nice and quite with allot of bird life, the house does have electric fencing all round, but will check how to improve it.
    D90
    D130

spoke to a few people who lived/live and have friends there, seems like living on the spruit is not such a good idea, so will be moving on.

thx all.
    D90
    D130

10. The Following User Says Thank You to D-tox For This Useful Post: