Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    35
    Posts
    69
    Thanked: 5

    Default Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Hi Guys
    Has anyone used this product by pouring it into fuel tank?

    Will it help as a maintenance step? Or should it only be done via the direct fuel feed method?

    Is an oil change required after using this product?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    35
    Posts
    69
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Somebody?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,497
    Thanked: 324

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    I just gooi diesel.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Windhoek
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,710
    Thanked: 3638

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Not worth it. Just gooi diesel. If worried install a second diesel filter
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked: 1978

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    do you have an actual issue ? if not then don't just put stuff in for incase.
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,791
    Thanked: 1197

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    I've used it, it's supposed to clean algae out of your tank.. Use it and change filter afterwards....

    No adverse effects in Kia 2.2, isuzu kb300 and lr td5...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Tesselaarsdal (dis inni Kaap!)
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanked: 1112

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Quote Originally Posted by NewLandy View Post
    I've used it, it's supposed to clean algae out of your tank.. Use it and change filter afterwards....

    No adverse effects in Kia 2.2, isuzu kb300 and lr td5...
    What this man said...
    "ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

    1959 SII 88"
    196? S2B FC "Over Lander" Camper
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    2002 Defender Td5 D/C
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Roodekrans
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,003
    Thanked: 141

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Quote Originally Posted by CTDi View Post
    Hi Guys
    Has anyone used this product by pouring it into fuel tank?

    Will it help as a maintenance step? Or should it only be done via the direct fuel feed method?

    Is an oil change required after using this product?
    Did my D4D last year, LM Diesel purge with approx 20L in the tank.
    ran it till almost empty

    Changed fuel filter

    Then filled up with diesel and added a bottle of Wurth injector cleaner

    results, responsive vehilce!

    I will certainly do it again! (using only the above products)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    35
    Posts
    69
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Thanks for the feedback everyone, the problem I experience is that the bakkie runs slightly rough intermittently. Not fough enough to have an erratic idle but there is a grinding sensation felt through the steering. It also feels down on power as compared to the day's when its running smooth.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town Southern Suburbs
    Posts
    3,059
    Thanked: 1123

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    One thing it's supposed to do is bind with any water in the fuel tank and convert it into a compound that can safely be move through the fuel system and injectors and be burnt off in the combustion chamber. Perhaps a good thing to do once every so often to combat slightly dodgy fuel that you may unwittingly encounter.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked: 1978

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    If you have an algea problem then use the specific algea killer. Liqui Moly makes one.
    We find an amazing amount of cars with it in the bottom of the fuel filter and we add the bacterial killer. It works well.
    Look generally LM products are very good. If you have an issue like you describe then sure give it a shot which is why I asked if you are chasing a problem or 'just want to sommer add it'
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    35
    Posts
    69
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan van Tonder View Post
    If you have an algea problem then use the specific algea killer. Liqui Moly makes one.
    We find an amazing amount of cars with it in the bottom of the fuel filter and we add the bacterial killer. It works well.
    Look generally LM products are very good. If you have an issue like you describe then sure give it a shot which is why I asked if you are chasing a problem or 'just want to sommer add it'
    I don't know really know what the problem is but have the symptoms as I have described above. So this is more of a hit and hope method.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Brakpan
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Quote Originally Posted by CTDi View Post
    I don't know really know what the problem is but have the symptoms as I have described above. So this is more of a hit and hope method.
    Let us know if you notice any changes after you done it.

    Cheers
    VW Touareg - 2006 - R5 TDi
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work - Thomas Edison

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    35
    Posts
    69
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Liqui moly diesel purge in fuel - Amarok BiTdi

    Sure will do as soon as I find a moment to get it done

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •