Vw t4 syncro owner

Default Vw t4 syncro owner

Hallo I'm new to the forum and find it interesting to read all the threads. I have a Pajero 3500 V6 and my favorite is my VW T4 SYNCRO a great towing vehicle and overlander and extremely comfortable and capable

Here's some pictures 20191221_065141.jpgFB_IMG_1577131200528.jpegFB_IMG_1577131191625.jpegFB_IMG_1577131154595.jpeg

Default Re: Vw t4 syncro owner

welcome

2000 Ford Courier DC 2.5TD 4x4
    2009 Fiat 500
    2001 Merc C200K
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 manual

Very nice, welcome to the forum
    Alan

Defender on Steroid's (Sadly sold)
    Previous: Pajero 3.5 V6 (Gas Guzzler)
    Series 3 109 SW (Tortoise)
    Platkar Ford Fiesta 1.6tdi (Swambo's present)

Have you raised the suspension or is that standard, looks like loads of clearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Naami View Post
    welcome
    Thank you Naami

Quote Originally Posted by All -in -one View Post
    Very nice, welcome to the forum
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by B Murr View Post
    Have you raised the suspension or is that standard, looks like loads of clearance?
    They are reasonably high standard but did a 30mm DIY raised suspension with diff spacers to put less strain on the CV choints Fittet with Hankook Dynapro MT rt03 tires to make it more comfortable and offroad capable... Traveled Mozambique, Botswana and South Africa with ease Use to have a T5 4motion together with the T4 also but didn't impress me off road like the T4 so got rid off it! 20191219_173339.jpg20191126_113939-1.jpg

Hi Nico

Nice bus. I've always liked the syncro esp the old one from Davis Kramer days. I'm considering getting one but I need to know what models are out there and which ones to look for.
    The T4 like u have, what features makes it so good? I know they dont have a low range gear box like the usual 4x4s, but how do they work off road.

What engine does it have, and why is the T4 so much better than the T5.

Is it reliable? I've hear the maintenance is horribly expensive.....is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by WayneMan View Post
    Hi Nico

Nice bus. I've always liked the syncro esp the old one from Davis Kramer days. I'm considering getting one but I need to know what models are out there and which ones to look for.
    The T4 like u have, what features makes it so good? I know they dont have a low range gear box like the usual 4x4s, but how do they work off road.

What engine does it have, and why is the T4 so much better than the T5.

Is it reliable? I've hear the maintenance is horribly expensive.....is that true?
    Hi Wayne they are great overlanders. You won't be disappointed getting one to me a Syncro is a livestyle! The Old T3 David Kramer days is incredible offroad sure you watch some YouTube videos? I personally had a T5 and T4 at the same time but my personal opinion I enjoyed the T4 more offroad more capable and much more ground clearance! My T4 is a 2.5 5 cylinder diesel and didn't had any enjin problems what so ever just normal wear and tear. The newer models are the T5 and T6 4motion. Yes they don't have low range but the T4 1st and 2nd gear are extremely low.. Heart of the system is a viscous diff that engage automatically when senses front wheel spin and back Difflock by a knob in the cabin when needed (no other input is required from the driver). Utilising the T4’s ABS sensors to detect lost traction by any wheel, Syncro adjusts the power transmitted to the opposite wheel on the same axle until balance is restored.

The old T3 will be expensive to maintain due to its age you can always put a Subaru boxer enjin in but the my T4 are extremely reliable
    Last edited by Nico Steenberg; 2020/01/04 at 11:41 PM.