New Isuzu, what should be checked before delivery?

Default New Isuzu, what should be checked before delivery?

I ordered a new Isuzu bakkie after driving Toys for 14 years, Im back at Isuzu.
    Really hope that Im happy with it. Its 2.5 safety S/Cab.

I believe that there are certain things that must be done by the dealer when its PDI’ed?
    Heard some things about control arm torque specs and cab mounts?
    Apparently not always done right.

Last question, I see they come with a service plan. What does that entail and how does it differ from a maintenance plan like I get at Toy.

Thanks

Default Re: New Isuzu, what should be checked before delivery?

The PDI should entail all visible bolts/nuts being checked and tightened if necessary. This includes checking the torque specs on the wheel nuts and cab mountings/load bin, as well as all suspension items. Insist that this is done. The dealers will have the torque specs, so it's not a tough ask. They should also check that all fluids are at the correct levels and that all electrics work.

Service plan is done through AVIS and they specify service items according to the service schedule. Anything over and above these items, like brake or suspension parts etc is for your bill.

Also, keep in mind that the warranty doesn't cover everything for 5 years/120 000km. Suspension items, for example, are covered for 3 years/80 000km. The warranty department with Isuzu tends to be very good, with majority of claims being put through no questions asked.

Thanks Jared
    So a service plan doesnt cover wear and tear items like a maintenance plan does?
    For instance, if my injectors/wheel bearings should fail, would that be covered?
    I guess items like brake pads not.

Mechanical items are covered by warranty in the 5 year/120 000km period. Should something fail (as long as you aren't to blame through negligence), then warranty will cover it.

Wear and tear items like brakes, wiper blades, clutch etc aren't covered here, by either the warranty or service plan. The only time a clutch is covered by warranty is if it fails i.e pressure plate collapses or similar.

Like I said above, suspension items (Isuzu also includes the steering system under suspension for some reason) are only covered for a part of the warranty period. So, if your shocks start leaking within this period, then warranty will cover it. Also, keep in mind that wheel bearings are covered by the same time period as suspension items.

Warranty is only sticky about where the vehicle has been serviced and if all the services have been done and done by a dealer. For some warranty claims, the dealership is required to access the information on the vehicle's "black box" and can turn claims down depending on what information is gleaned from the computer.

I hope this helps.

Ask for a copy of the PDI checklist on that specific vehicle. Check all caps and fluid level yourself.
    2011 Isuzu 300d-teq 4x4 d/c
    Home built Blapsie caravan.
    The decision you make today, will determine the road you walk tomorrow

So ..... not too different from driving an old Suuz then.
    2019 she turned 21!
    I feel much better now!
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    ISUZU KB 280 DT LE NOW POWERED BY THIS AMAZING COMMUNITY
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

Greetings,

The only issue I had was rear brakes adjustment once the new brakes settle but quickly sorted. Just a pain to have to book it in and time etc to re-adjust. If I bought new again, I would specifically ask them to adjust a bit tighter/finer on pre-delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfx View Post
    Greetings,The only issue I had was rear brakes adjustment once the new brakes settle but quickly sorted. Just a pain to have to book it in and time etc to re-adjust. If I bought new again, I would specifically ask them to adjust a bit tighter/finer on pre-delivery.
    I can adjust Isuzu rear brakes to perfection. Blindfolded. I am willing to go on YouTube with proof. Including a brake test at a reputable RWC centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfx View Post
    Greetings,

The only issue I had was rear brakes adjustment once the new brakes settle but quickly sorted. Just a pain to have to book it in and time etc to re-adjust. If I bought new again, I would specifically ask them to adjust a bit tighter/finer on pre-delivery.
    The handbrake lever itself is supposed to be de-adjusted inside the cab, then the rear linings adjusted accordingly. Pretty much no one does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapog View Post
    I ordered a new Isuzu bakkie after driving Toys for 14 years, Im back at Isuzu.
    Vir grondpaaie, nie sleg keuse, as die agentskap redelik is, beter rygerief. Goeie engine, dalk beter as die Toy GD. Net die skokbrekers vervang met OME. Die control arms hou nie vir ewig nie.

My laaste Isuzu was in 2003, toe oorgeskakel toyota toe, avg van swak diens van Isuzu agenskap hier, en nog geen rede gehad om terug te gaan nie.
    Last edited by JLK; 2020/01/06 at 10:55 PM.
    Johan Kriel

Dankie vir al die terugvoer.
    Ek darem nie heel weg vanaf Toy.
    Die Cruisers loop maar net duur. Hierdie meer die dorp toe en terug bakkie...

En Toyota het nie iets wat prysgewys kan kompeteer met die model nie.
    Hulle plathonde kos meer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapog View Post
    Hulle plathonde kos meer.
    Hulle ry ook nie lekker nie
    Johan Kriel

Is the safety, the 100kw 2.5 version?
    2017 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 Auto (current)
    2008 Isuzu KB 300 4X4 manual (current)