overheating izuzu fronteir

Default overheating izuzu fronteir

Hi all i have a 1999 isuzu fronteir 320 v6 i have replaced all water pipes had radiator cleaned fitted new radiator cap,i have had the head checked all is in order but still the heat gauge picks right up just below the red and this happens also on the open road any one can give advice please

Default Re: overheating izuzu fronteir

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel cogill View Post
    Hi all i have a 1999 isuzu fronteir 320 v6 i have replaced all water pipes had radiator cleaned fitted new radiator cap,i have had the head checked all is in order but still the heat gauge picks right up just below the red and this happens also on the open road any one can give advice please
    Have you checked the temperature sensor? I had the exact same problem on my JMC 2.8 TD, which is the old KB made in China. It picked up to just below the red and stayed there, sometimes varying a bit. This happened right after a switch off to refuel and while pulling off from the refuel. I felt all over but there was no excessive temperature in the hoses at all.

Everybody wanted to do exactly what they did to your vehicle (Hit and miss diagnostics and worth a lot more money). I insisted they first change the temperature sensor. I was right. Been running perfectly for 3 years after that.
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)