Very bad experience with NDM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Very bad experience with NDM

Hello everyone,

Usually I don't make a post especially to give a review. But this time I had such a bad experience that I believe it's important that other people know about this.

Summary
    NDM was going to arrange my bookings in Namibia and Botswana. But NDM asked a travel agency in Namibia to arrange bookings for me, without letting me know. When that agency did not respond NDM wanted me to contact that agency;
    • NDM promised me three times they had booked Third Bridge, but in the end they said it was not available and it was not booked;
    • NDM did not manage to make most bookings in Namibia. So I still had to arrange these bookings myself;
    • NDM made double bookings for campsites that I had booked myself while they knew about that;
    • NDM made bookings for campsites and excursions that I had never asked for;
    • NDM told me all the time that they had the bookings for Botswana ready. In the end it appeared that they had booked wrong campsites, campsites on wrong dates and they wanted me to pay prices that were way too expensive;
    • It ended up with the fact that I decided to arrange all bookings, except two, by myself. Very last minute;
    • NDM did sent me the voucher for Savuti almost two weeks later as promised and they did send me a wrong voucher that belonged to somebody else;
    • NDM said it was not possible to go to Muchenje first and then to Chobe safari lodge. That’s nonsense;
    • NDM said that Mboma station was closed for mokoro trips and we should go somewhere else. That was not true. We have done a mokoro trip at Mboma station.

Explanation
    I could not make bookings for Third Bridge and Savuti myself (no availability), otherwise I would have arranged everything by myself. So on August 2nd I did sent an enquiry to NDM. NDM said they had Savuti available for 11 October 2019 and Third Bridge for 13 October 2019. I really prefered those campsites so I decided to ask NDM to arrange this for me. They charged a service fee of BWP 500, no matter for how many bookings. So I asked them if they could also arrange my other bookings in Botswana and Namibia. That was possibe they said. That’s where the problems started.

On August 20th NDM did let me know that Third Bridge was not available anymore. I told them that was not possible, because they had confirmed three times that they had booked it for me. But then NDM told me that they forgot to tell me it was first come first serve. So no Third Bridge. I decided to arrange Third Bridge with another agency that could still book me there. Obviously that did cost me extra, because I had to hire another agency.

On August 29/30 NDM did let me know that they had asked a Namibian travel agency to make my bookings in Namibia, because for them it was difficult. But that travel agency did not respond. So they wanted me to contact that travel agency. I told NDM that I didn’t know that travel agency. I had asked NDM to arrange my bookings, so it would not be right if I would have to contact another travel agency for them. Then NDM asked me to try to arrange bookings in Namibia by myself too, again because for them it was difficult. Although I believe this is not right (I paid NDM to arrange this for me) I decided to make bookings myself. Especially because there was not much time left. After making some bookings I told NDM I had made those bookings, so they didn’t have to do that anymore. But for me it would be very expensive to pay those campsites because of a lot of extra costs for international payment. So I asked NDM if they could arrange the payments. Instead of doing so, they made bookings with the same campsites too (apparantly now that they realised that I could make the bookings from The Netherlands, they found out that it was also possible for them to make the bookings). So without my permission they made double bookings and they even asked me to release my bookings. This happened with several campsites. For the campsites that only I had booked they never paid. After a month or so they told me that if they would arrange the payments they would add a 5% fee. Then I still decided to arrange the payments by myself. It ended up with the fact that I made quite a few bookings in Namibia by myself, because NDM didn’t manage to make those bookings.

In the two months after my first contact with NDM they promised me all the time that they had made bookings in Botswana for me. But at the end I found out that they had made wrong bookings: for campsites that I had never asked for and for right campsites on wrong dates. When I told this, they said that my itinerary was not possible. First Muchenje and then Chobe safari lodge was not possible they said. I told them that I really wanted this itinerary (they knew about it for more then a month) and I asked them again to book it without any changes. It was mid September by now and we were going to leave on September 27th. A few days later they had booked me on the right campsites, but there was a boat trip on the invoice that I had not asked for and the park fees were wrong. After I told them about this they changed the invoice again. But then it was much more expensive. For some campsites they counted double the price of what it should be! When I told NDM about this they said that the prices that I had found on the websites of the campsites were old prices. But I contacted the campsites myself and they confirmed that the prices on their website were right. NDM didn’t want to do anything about these high prices. Then I decided to cancel all the bookings except Savuti, because I really wanted that one and I couldn’t book it myself, and one other campsite because that price was right. So halfway September I still had to arrange bookings for most campsites by myself. At least this appeared to be much cheaper. I asked if NDM could lower their service fee, because they only made two bookings for me (and I had to do the rest by myself and they had made many mistakes all the time). But they still wanted me to pay BWP 500.

After paying NDM told that they would sent the voucher for Savuti the next week. They did not. When I asked about it they told me the accountant was out of the office. I told them I really needed the voucher because we would be leaving the next week already. NDM said they would find a solution. Then they did send me somebody elses voucher for another campsite on another date. When I did sent an email about this I received an out of office message. The next week (the week that we were leaving for our holiday) they did finally send the voucher.

I wish I had never hired NDM. They made mistake after mistake and this gave me a lot of stress. Because of all the stress they gave me I could not look forward to our holiday like it should be. The only thing that went right is that the two campsites they arranged at least appeared to be really booked. Yes, I had been worried about that after all there mistakes.
    Last edited by Nakoma; 2019/12/14 at 02:54 PM.

Default Re: Very bad experience with NDM

Thank you for reporting these issues. If only half of them are true, NDM would not get my businesss.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakoma View Post
    Hello everyone,

Usually I don't make a post especially to give a review. But this time I had such a bad experience that I believe it's important that other people know about this.

Summary
    NDM was going to arrange my bookings in Namibia and Botswana. But NDM asked a travel agency in Namibia to arrange bookings for me, without letting me know. When that agency did not respond NDM wanted me to contact that agency;
    • NDM promised me three times they had booked Third Bridge, but in the end they said it was not available and it was not booked;
    • NDM did not manage to make most bookings in Namibia. So I still had to arrange these bookings myself;
    • NDM made double bookings for campsites that I had booked myself while they knew about that;
    • NDM made bookings for campsites and excursions that I had never asked for;
    • NDM told me all the time that they had the bookings for Botswana ready. In the end it appeared that they had booked wrong campsites, campsites on wrong dates and they wanted me to pay prices that were way too expensive;
    • It ended up with the fact that I decided to arrange all bookings, except two, by myself. Very last minute;
    • NDM did sent me the voucher for Savuti almost two weeks later as promised and they did send me a wrong voucher that belonged to somebody else;
    • NDM said it was not possible to go to Muchenje first and then to Chobe safari lodge. That’s nonsense;
    • NDM said that Mboma station was closed for mokoro trips and we should go somewhere else. That was not true. We have done a mokoro trip at Mboma station.

Explanation
    I could not make bookings for Third Bridge and Savuti myself (no availability), otherwise I would have arranged everything by myself. So on August 2nd I did sent an enquiry to NDM. NDM said they had Savuti available for 11 October 2019 and Third Bridge for 13 October 2019. I really prefered those campsites so I decided to ask NDM to arrange this for me. They charged a service fee of BWP 500, no matter for how many bookings. So I asked them if they could also arrange my other bookings in Botswana and Namibia. That was possibe they said. That’s where the problems started.

On August 20th NDM did let me know that Third Bridge was not available anymore. I told them that was not possible, because they had confirmed three times that they had booked it for me. But then NDM told me that they forgot to tell me it was first come first serve. So no Third Bridge. I decided to arrange Third Bridge with another agency that could still book me there. Obviously that did cost me extra, because I had to hire another agency.

On August 29/30 NDM did let me know that they had asked a Namibian travel agency to make my bookings in Namibia, because for them it was difficult. But that travel agency did not respond. So they wanted me to contact that travel agency. I told NDM that I didn’t know that travel agency. I had asked NDM to arrange my bookings, so it would not be right if I would have to contact another travel agency for them. Then NDM asked me to try to arrange bookings in Namibia by myself too, again because for them it was difficult. Although I believe this is not right (I paid NDM to arrange this for me) I decided to make bookings myself. Especially because there was not much time left. After making some bookings I told NDM I had made those bookings, so they didn’t have to do that anymore. But for me it would be very expensive to pay those campsites because of a lot of extra costs for international payment. So I asked NDM if they could arrange the payments. Instead of doing so, they made bookings with the same campsites too (apparantly now that they realised that I could make the bookings from The Netherlands, they found out that it was also possible for them to make the bookings). So without my permission they made double bookings and they even asked me to release my bookings. This happened with several campsites. For the campsites that only I had booked they never paid. After a month or so they told me that if they would arrange the payments they would add a 5% fee. Then I still decided to arrange the payments by myself. It ended up with the fact that I made quite a few bookings in Namibia by myself, because NDM didn’t manage to make those bookings.

In the two months after my first contact with NDM they promised me all the time that they had made bookings in Botswana for me. But at the end I found out that they had made wrong bookings: for campsites that I had never asked for and for right campsites on wrong dates. When I told this, they said that my itinerary was not possible. First Muchenje and then Chobe safari lodge was not possible they said. I told them that I really wanted this itinerary (they knew about it for more then a month) and I asked them again to book it without any changes. It was mid September by now and we were going to leave on September 27th. A few days later they had booked me on the right campsites, but there was a boat trip on the invoice that I had not asked for and the park fees were wrong. After I told them about this they changed the invoice again. But then it was much more expensive. For some campsites they counted double the price of what it should be! When I told NDM about this they said that the prices that I had found on the websites of the campsites were old prices. But I contacted the campsites myself and they confirmed that the prices on their website were right. NDM didn’t want to do anything about these high prices. Then I decided to cancel all the bookings except Savuti, because I really wanted that one and I couldn’t book it myself, and one other campsite because that price was right. So halfway September I still had to arrange bookings for most campsites by myself. At least this appeared to be much cheaper. I asked if NDM could lower their service fee, because they only made two bookings for me (and I had to do the rest by myself and they had made many mistakes all the time). But they still wanted me to pay BWP 500.

After paying NDM told that they would sent the voucher for Savuti the next week. They did not. When I asked about it they told me the accountant was out of the office. I told them I really needed the voucher because we would be leaving the next week already. NDM said they would find a solution. Then they did send me somebody elses voucher for another campsite on another date. When I did sent an email about this I received an out of office message. The next week (the week that we were leaving for our holiday) they did finally send the voucher.

I wish I had never hired NDM. They made mistake after mistake and this gave me a lot of stress. Because of all the stress they gave me I could not look forward to our holiday like it should be. The only thing that went right is that the two campsites they arranged at least appeared to be really booked. Yes, I had been worried about that after all there mistakes.
    I think the above composition is not a ture reflection of NDM. The above client had his or her own issues. I AM not sure of your actual names..

We have helped a lot of clients from January to December..so If yur experience was bad with us then its our mistake but We wish you could have booked everything by yourself....

Thanks

Maile
    Last edited by NDMBots; 2019/12/14 at 03:58 PM.
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:
    Public Campsites/4x4 Hire /Lodges/Park Permits/ Private Camps/namibia Camps
    Safari Activities/Game Drives/Transfers/Scenic Flights/House Boats/vic Falls

Email 1: [email protected] - CHAWA [Cell: +267 76702579]
    Email 2: [email protected] - [Cell: +267 76702602 ]
    Tel:+267 6800264
    https://www.facebook.com/NDMTravel/

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    Thank you for reporting these issues. If only half of them are true, NDM would not get my businesss.
    There are other many companies you can use Stan.....
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:

Quote Originally Posted by NDMBots View Post
    After that he probably will

Quote Originally Posted by Toybota View Post
    After that he probably will
    Yes I think he will ... bacause of our mistake...I just wish we should have not made a mistake, maybe there are others who dont do mistakes..
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:

I think the above composition is not a ture reflection of NDM.
    This might not be a completely true reflection BUT if only 20% of this is true it could DESTROY a holiday ..... in a foreign country ..... on a foreign continent.

WOW!!! What an amazing response. This is how business gets run Glad your not on my list of Travel Agencies.
    Stay Safe
    Disco-Deon
    This morning I woke up,
    Making today a great day.
    Nerdy, 2011 Honda Jazz, 1500 Exc

I get the feeling there is a communication gap here. Maybe I should say I hope so

Wow ! What a way to run a company.....
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco-Deon View Post
    ........WOW! What an amazing response. This is how business gets run Glad your not on my list of Travel Agencies.
    .....................but We wish you could have booked everything by yourself....

Thanks

Maile
    Add his wish above - hopefully it was not meant as such - language barrier/problem?

SAA told me the exact same when my luggage went missing for the umpteenth time in 2009. Look where SAA is now....
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

Subscribed - new book for client service in the making.
    Mitsubishi Triton DC 3.2 A/T 4X4
    2007 Hilux 2.5 D4D SOLD

My experience in guiding with certain European Country's Citizens ..well lets put it this way ..some of their Citizens are very difficult to please ...No Tips is the norm and other European Countries the reverse is true ...I go with NDM ..they have a very good reputation in Botswana

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Engelbrecht View Post
    Subscribed - new book for client service in the making.
    " How to make friends and...." 🤣
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

I normally don’t post on threads like these , but your response will ensure that I won’t use NDM.

2004 Discovery TD5 ES Auto
    2016 Amarok 132 kw Auto

Even if there was no answer from NDM I would probably have forgotten about this post and would have used NDM again.
    But due to the answers from NDM here I will definitely use alternate companies for my bookings.
    2015 Land Cruiser 79 D/C V8 Diesel Turbo
    1983 Suzuki SJ 410 SOA.
    Bush Lapa Boskriek No 607 - Die Kriek

Interesting thread. In defence of NDM,
    1) it is damn difficult to help clients that change their minds often.
    2) Bots is a sought after destination..and you have to be quick and flexible
    3) Trying to negotiate on booking fees sucks. NDM states their booking fee on the email.
    4) I have seen it numerous times that prospective clients try to haggle for lower prices on campsites. Bots has limited space for camping. If you want to haggle for a few pula off 500 or less...please stay away.

Criticism on NDM
    1) Your agents should be more proactive and consultative when planning itineries
    2) Fast responses win the game
    3) Customer is king. Mistakes should be acknowledged, fixed and live goes on
    4) Communication is vital. Keep the client in the loop and informed at all times.

As I mentioned in another thread, I have always had good service from NDM. Not always without hassles, but good in general.
    2002 Discovery td5

With a response like this you can rest assured I will most definitely use someone else when I want to visit Botswana again.

I would not want to do business with someone with this attitude.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this....
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

I think lets keep first and second language use in mind....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast