4x4 Rock Climber for the Laaities

Default 4x4 Rock Climber for the Laaities

Hi All.

Im thinking about getting my 2 Laaities a 4x4 rock crawler as part of their xmas gift. (5 & 8 Yrs) I see TakeAlot has a couple decently priced ones.

Now, my concern is that if I get 2 of them, their remotes will interfere with each other. I can only see that this will cause a headache. I am not familiar with R/C cars at all.

Im looking at this one in particular.

https://www.takealot.com/1-18-scale-...r/PLID50012314

In the description it states. "Long Control Distant and Anti-interference: More than 60 meters remote control distant; 2.4GHz Radio Control, which can support multiple cars playing at the same time."

How does this work? Will there be an option to "marry" the remote to the car, or is is pre married?

Any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Shaun

Default Re: 4x4 Rock Climber for the Laaities

It depends between the different makes. The remotes will usually be paired to the receivers on the cars if they come with the cars. I don't think you will have any issues.

Just go through the reviews on Takelot, it seems a few folks were not too happy with the little truck.

It looks like a cheapish Chinese thing to me. A 700mAh battery is tiny. It's going to spend by far the most time on the charger.

My kids had them as well, the remotes pair with the car and the second one switched on with the second car switched on.

Both remotes will work on both cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Serious? View Post
    My kids had them as well, the remotes pair with the car and the second one switched on with the second car switched on.

Both remotes will work on both cars.
    Thanks for the response, When you say "both remotes wil work on both cars", does that mean whichever cars` remote is switch on first, wil be Paired, and the second car to switch on wil be paired independently? Therefore the kids can control their cars independently and not have Radio interference?

I have seen reviews on youtube for these little crawlers, for the price, they are OK for little boys.

I think I have the same now under the tree. Hopefully its okay.
    The battery may be tiny but at least its rechargeable. (and its the normal cheap chinese variant, should be able to get another for swopouts easy enough)

My boys had them and they dont last, waste off money. Put the money in their bank accounts.

[QUOTEThanks for the response, When you say "both remotes wil work on both cars", does that mean whichever cars` remote is switch on first, wil be Paired, and the second car to switch on wil be paired independently? Therefore the kids can control their cars independently and not have Radio interference?

I have seen reviews on youtube for these little crawlers, for the price, they are OK for little boys.][/QUOTE]

Correct, no interference.

As said they are not of the best quality, diffs & battery packs do not last. But one actually worked for a month or 2 after being driven into the salt pool. Was fun while they lasted but kids have outgrown them.

Got this one for my 3yr old for R259 special at PnP the other day:
    https://www.takealot.com/nexx-charge...r/PLID55543452

Tested it before wrapping for x-mas and not bad for a cheapy.
    Metal body & same rechargeable battery, nice flex on all 4's & surprisingly fast.

He will probably crash it before the battery runs out, but at least put a smile on his face for a few minutes
    2004 Ranger 4000 V6 Auto (Weekender & Heavy loads)
    2011 BMW X1 Auto (My Mommy-Wagon)
    2011 CashCow 1.6 (Swambo)

The older day's you will have used a "crystal" in transmitter and receiver with specific frequencies2.4Ghz Remotes does not interfere and you can have 10 of the same model chasing each other without any issueIt uses "bind" technology and radio "hopping"

Thanks for your responses, my only concern was the Radio Interference, and by the looks of things, should not be a problem!

Hello

Just an update. I bought 3 of these cars. (one for me aswell)

The remotes do not interfere with each other. Just have to switch 1 car on at a time with its remote.

for the price I am very impressed. quite capable little things. play time on a full battery about 20min. So when the kids are swimming or doing something else, ive got 3 fully charged batteries!

Nothing broken yet and I would recommend it!

thanks for the inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormoto View Post
    Hello

Just an update. I bought 3 of these cars. (one for me aswell)

The remotes do not interfere with each other. Just have to switch 1 car on at a time with its remote.

for the price I am very impressed. quite capable little things. play time on a full battery about 20min. So when the kids are swimming or doing something else, ive got 3 fully charged batteries!

Nothing broken yet and I would recommend it!

thanks for the inputs.
    That's awesome!!
    Thanks for the feedback.