2008 BK 3.2 Di-D GLS SWB - Driver Window faulty when raining

Default 2008 BK 3.2 Di-D GLS SWB - Driver Window faulty when raining

Hi All.

I have recently purchased this vehicle that is in overall great nick. However we found out during the recent torrential rain in Centurion that the window on the drivers door acts up and does not go up or down when its raining. I have noticed some wires sticking out ever so slightly from the top left corner of the window that is not adequately covered by the rubbers. From what I can tell these wires have also been taped closed so I can only imagine that this was done in an attempt to rectify the matter.

Any advise or opinions will be helpful.

Kind Regards
    Dan.
    Danny

2018 Nissan Navara 2.3D LE Auto
    2009 BMW R1200 GSA
    2008 Pajero 3.2 Di-D SWB

Default Re: 2008 BK 3.2 Di-D GLS SWB - Driver Window faulty when raining

Having the same issue!

I have not taken the door panel off to check and cant see any wires, but when there is heavy rain and I open/close my window, its gets stuck, then I have to hold the button down until the window is completely down before I can close the window. But I have to hold the button up to get the window up and further more it only goes up a little bit before I have to let go and hold the button up again until the window closes.

I found that once everything dries off it returns back to its normal behavior.
    2007 Pajero 3.2DiD GLS (SWB)

Exactly the same here. Will peak around with some more intent tomorrow to try and determine the cause. I am convinced that it must be those few wires that I am seeing but will take of the door cards to take a squiz...

Will keep you posted.

Hopefully someone else have had the same issue and can advise on the cure.
    Danny

2018 Nissan Navara 2.3D LE Auto
    2009 BMW R1200 GSA
    2008 Pajero 3.2 Di-D SWB

I hear you problem. My issue was solved as follows. Also acted up - window on the way up would just start going down. I THINK it has to do with the motor that is very sensitive to "resistance" (arm/head/dog) while winding up. Took silicone spray and sprayed inside of window rubbers, only what is visible, did not open door panel, problem solved.
    Mitsubishi Triton DC 3.2 A/T 4X4
    2007 Hilux 2.5 D4D SOLD