2011 Audi A4 2.0 TDI

Default 2011 Audi A4 2.0 TDI

Hi guys

My battery on my A4 is getting tired although it has not failed me as yet.

The battery size is 668.
    I can get a Raylite from Battery Centre for R2 180 or a Willardfrom Midas for R1 760 with roughly same warranty, 24 and 25 months respectively.
    Audi wants R2 904 plus fitting also 2 year warranty. Audi says that the car needs to be re-coded with the new battery, My gut says that this is BS.
    Logic tells me that if I connect a slave battery to the positive and negative points under the bonnet and then replace the battery, the computer memory should remain in tact.

Has anyone done this successfully would appreciate any advice on this.
    I want to change the battery next week sometime.
    Thanks
    Kavesh

Default Re: 2011 Audi A4 2.0 TDI

the car CAN be recoded for the new battery, apparently it changes the charging pattern to improve battery life. But it is not essential and the car will run just fine without it.
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape

2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    the car CAN be recoded for the new battery, apparently it changes the charging pattern to improve battery life. But it is not essential and the car will run just fine without it.

Okay so car does not have to be coded, but will it shorten the lifespan of the battery if it is not coded? Don't want to save a few rands and pay for a new battery down the road.

Also the guy at Audi mentioned that their battery is a 95ah and if I look for an alternate it should be the same.

Seems like most 668 aftermarket battery is 80ah. How much of a difference will that make on the life of the battery and the electronics on the Audi?

Try and get as close to the 95Ah as you can. Varta is a good brand for oem replacement. U dont have to go in to audi to code. Any workshop with audi or vw software will be able to do.
    Audi RS6
    Toyota Prado 120 4.0 VX
    Renault Clio 1.2
    Range Rover Sport 3.0D HSE

The slave battery trick works. You don't need a third battery though, you could just use Croc clips rom terminals to either the new or old battery, you're connecting in parallel do not an issue re voltage.