Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box





Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    32
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 37

    Default Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    So i recently discovered that the fuse box in my 2014 Auto and that of a friends 2014 Auto differs from the fuse box diagram that is readily available on this forum and the internet. Whereas the Fuse box that is depicted in the PDF files on the forum has all the narrow fuses grouped together and then all the wide fuses grouped next to them, ours have one row of narrow fuses followed by a row of wide fuses etc. I cant find a fuse box layout to match ours anywhere.

    Is there anyone on this forum who has a diagram or who has figured out the fuse layout of the newer models or autos?



    Thats what mine looks like.
    Last edited by PierreSN; 2017/08/31 at 11:45 AM.
    2017 VW Amarok V6 Extreme

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to PierreSN For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked: 1980

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    There should be a description of what the fuses are on the cover for it or a diagram in your owners manual.
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    32
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 37

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan van Tonder View Post
    There should be a description of what the fuses are on the cover for it or a diagram in your owners manual.
    Neither of the two has a cover. My previous amaroks also didnt have a cover. Neither of the owners manuals have a diagram. My previous amaroks also didnt have diagrams in the manuals.
    2017 VW Amarok V6 Extreme

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked: 1980

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    That is pathetic from VW I am sorry to say .
    They always had a little card with the fuse layouts supplied. How on earth do you know what fuses to check?.
    Let me see if I can find anything from a friend at a dealership.
    Unfortunately I can't look your vehicle up on elsawin - mine stops 1 year ealier.
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked: 1980

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Ok Guy at the dealership says it can literally change with each vin no so that is why no card.
    So if you Pm me a vin no He can look it up for you. What specifically would you want to know or just the whole list?
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Port Shepstone
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,800
    Thanked: 215

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    It's a VW thing, every vehicle has unique fusebox layout and available on the VagCom (plugged into computer)
    What a life!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quack For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked: 1980

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Well then there is a feature I have not figured out yet. Can you tell me where to access that in vagcom.?
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    32
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 37

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan van Tonder View Post
    Ok Guy at the dealership says it can literally change with each vin no so that is why no card.
    So if you Pm me a vin no He can look it up for you. What specifically would you want to know or just the whole list?
    Thanks.

    Will send it this evening
    2017 VW Amarok V6 Extreme

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Reebok, Mossel Bay
    Age
    71
    Posts
    326
    Thanked: 89

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    PierreSN,

    It seems that we have identical vehicles, and also the same year, and very similar Fuse Box layout,

    BUT, I have 6 more fuses than you, and on one fuse the value is different !!!

    Could you get a fuse list for your vehicle ?
    Herman Meyer.

    AG0017 ORRA AG38
    2014 Amarok DC 4Motion Auto ,
    2015-02-03: Bush Lapa Miskewer 394.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sarpsborg
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19
    Thanked: 8

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Older post but, i would also really like that list... My 2014 has the same layout

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    32
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 37

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    No I havent been able to obtain it. Slipped my mind at the last service.
    2017 VW Amarok V6 Extreme

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putfontein, Benoni
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,820
    Thanked: 1980

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    My friend at vw also never came back with it.
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    44
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 186

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Quote Originally Posted by PierreSN View Post
    So i recently discovered that the fuse box in my 2014 Auto and that of a friends 2014 Auto differs from the fuse box diagram that is readily available on this forum and the internet. Whereas the Fuse box that is depicted in the PDF files on the forum has all the narrow fuses grouped together and then all the wide fuses grouped next to them, ours have one row of narrow fuses followed by a row of wide fuses etc. I cant find a fuse box layout to match ours anywhere.

    Is there anyone on this forum who has a diagram or who has figured out the fuse layout of the newer models or autos?



    Thats what mine looks like.
    sorry to dig up an old post again.... but can anyone point out the lighter socket fuse for me?
    trying to piggy back on it for my dash cam.
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    42
    Posts
    59
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Quote Originally Posted by BobMabena View Post
    sorry to dig up an old post again.... but can anyone point out the lighter socket fuse for me?
    trying to piggy back on it for my dash cam.
    Hi BobMabena.

    Not sure of this is what you’re after, but the 12V sockets actually have a fuse behind the panels at the side and bottom of the steering wheel. You lower the steering wheel control/extending lever and then pull the left top cover forward. You can then loosen the whole panel on left and similarly only right. The whole panel swivels on 2 hinges at the bottom. Make sure key is out of ignition.

    On the right, there Is a fuse strip and second from bottom is a 20A fuse for the 12V sockets.

    Not sure which one is the lighter fuse, sorry.

    This is on a 2017 auto, Argentina build.

    Hope it helps.
    2017 Amarok DC 4Motion

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    44
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 186

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Quote Originally Posted by dfdekock View Post
    Hi BobMabena.

    Not sure of this is what you’re after, but the 12V sockets actually have a fuse behind the panels at the side and bottom of the steering wheel. You lower the steering wheel control/extending lever and then pull the left top cover forward. You can then loosen the whole panel on left and similarly only right. The whole panel swivels on 2 hinges at the bottom. Make sure key is out of ignition.

    On the right, there Is a fuse strip and second from bottom is a 20A fuse for the 12V sockets.

    Not sure which one is the lighter fuse, sorry.

    This is on a 2017 auto, Argentina build.

    Hope it helps.
    I'll take the 20A for the power sockets.
    Thanks very much
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Reebok, Mossel Bay
    Age
    71
    Posts
    326
    Thanked: 89

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Quote Originally Posted by BobMabena View Post
    sorry to dig up an old post again.... but can anyone point out the lighter socket fuse for me?
    trying to piggy back on it for my dash cam.
    According to a print-out I got long ago from VW:

    On your photo (my fuse lay-out is very similar):
    Top fuse (no. 43) (25A) in Third Vertical Row from Right, is for "Cigarette lighter -U1".
    (Fuse below this one is 20A)

    If you PM me, I can email you the documents from where I make this deduction.
    Herman Meyer.

    AG0017 ORRA AG38
    2014 Amarok DC 4Motion Auto ,
    2015-02-03: Bush Lapa Miskewer 394.

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    44
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 186

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Quote Originally Posted by hermanm10 View Post
    According to a print-out I got long ago from VW:

    On your photo (my fuse lay-out is very similar):
    Top fuse (no. 43) (25A) in Third Vertical Row from Right, is for "Cigarette lighter -U1".
    (Fuse below this one is 20A)

    If you PM me, I can email you the documents from where I make this deduction.
    PM sent
    Thanks
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Reebok, Mossel Bay
    Age
    71
    Posts
    326
    Thanked: 89

    Default Re: Amarok Models and Auto with different fuse box

    Sent you an email.
    Herman Meyer.

    AG0017 ORRA AG38
    2014 Amarok DC 4Motion Auto ,
    2015-02-03: Bush Lapa Miskewer 394.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •