2017 Fortuner head unit streaming Bluetooth

Default 2017 Fortuner head unit streaming Bluetooth

Hi all,
    Iíve literally just yesterday moved over the the ďdark sideĒ as the Land Rover owners call it (no hard feeling to them at all) i.e. from Land Rover to Toyota 😁
    My question is; with the Bluetooth connectivity, it doesnít seem like Iím able to audio stream to the headunit. Is it suppose to not do that? (Apologies for my naive question)
    2017 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 A/T

Default Re: 2017 Fortuner head unit streaming Bluetooth

So you went from a D4 to a Tuna

I kind of did the same

As far as I know the head unit can stream music from the phone via bluetooth
    We have a 2016 2.4GD-6 and ours work
    One life Live it

Take The Roads less traveled

Alles in die lewe gebeur met n doel

My IPod connects and plays. As per any Bluetooth device the need to find each other first so in the main menu find Bluetooth, make your Bluetooth music player discoverable and let the car system pick it up. Two devices will generally come up, your phone and the music player device. Select your other music player as the media player and you are good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggy4x4Bedinges View Post
    So you went from a D4 to a Tuna

I kind of did the same

As far as I know the head unit can stream music from the phone via bluetooth
    We have a 2016 2.4GD-6 and ours work
    All Iíll say is the LR really will make you broke.
    So to be honest I havenít tried the music loaded on the iPhone. I have the BBC radio stations app on my phone and that doesnít stream to the radio via Bluetooth in the Tuna (&#128513

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    My IPod connects and plays. As per any Bluetooth device the need to find each other first so in the main menu find Bluetooth, make your Bluetooth music player discoverable and let the car system pick it up. Two devices will generally come up, your phone and the music player device. Select your other music player as the media player and you are good to go.
    Iíll try loading music (and not only via a streaming app) and see if it works. (Streaming from the BBC radio station app doesnít play via the headunit)

For bluetooth connection, what I found is that I FIRST need to play music via my phone (iphone in my case) and then you can open Youtube etc to listen to other audio via your phone. So you have to do it in this order....really stupid
    2017 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 iMT
    2016 Hyundai Tucson 1.6 T-GDi
    2019 Bush Lapa Miskruier BL1861

Quote Originally Posted by observer View Post
    For bluetooth connection, what I found is that I FIRST need to play music via my phone (iphone in my case) and then you can open Youtube etc to listen to other audio via your phone. So you have to do it in this order....really stupid
    Thank you observer. Will give that a try too

Post Re: 2017 Fortuner head unit streaming Bluetooth

AK77

Just for info :

On my Fortuner 2,8 GD6 2017 model I did this :

1. Did a modification to allow the rear camera to work on demand. When I tow, I press a button and the camera shows my trailer. Handy in certain conditions, like turning sharp slowly etc.
    2. Modified the standard radio unit (Pioneer) wiring slightly to allow for movies to be watched on the head unit screen while driving. The movies come from a 80 GB Hard Drive connected via USB. This is not for me as driver, but for the passenger to watch movies/series on long trips.

I personally never use Bluetooth streaming, I rather copy thousands of MP3 files into different folders (320 kb/s quality) on the hard drive and play it from there. Works well and sounds very good. One click of the steering "SOURCE" button and the the MP3's start playing.

I wish this standard radio unit supported Android Auto, pity it does not.

By the way - An add-on circuit can be imported from China to fold the electric mirrors when the vehicle is locked with the remote. Something Toyota could have included as standard.
    Last edited by DavidGX; Yesterday at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    AK77

Just for info :

On my Fortuner 2,8 GD6 2017 model I did this :

1. Did a modification to allow the rear camera to work on demand. When I tow, I press a button and the camera shows my trailer. Handy in certain conditions, like turning sharp slowly etc.
    2. Modified the standard radio unit (Pioneer) wiring slightly to allow for movies to be watched on the head unit screen while driving. The movies come from a 80 GB Hard Drive connected via USB. This is not for me as driver, but for the passenger to watch movies/series on long trips.

I personally never use Bluetooth streaming, I rather copy thousands of MP3 files into different folders (320 kb/s quality) on the hard drive and play it from there. Works well and sounds very good. One click of the steering "SOURCE" button and the the MP3's start playing.

I wish this standard radio unit supported Android Auto, pity it does not.

By the way - An add-on circuit can be imported from China to fold the electric mirrors when the vehicle is locked with the remote. Something Toyota could have included as standard.
    I'd love to do mod number 1 and 2. More number 2 for my kids on long trips. What format is your video files to be played on the head unit?