Giriyondo to Covane

Default Giriyondo to Covane

We have been putting off visiting Moz forever because of the politics surrounding cops. Now we have decided that we will ease ourselves into it by doing a Massingir trip.

Phalaborwa - Giriyondo - Massinger (Covane) - Giriyondo - Phalaborwa

Need the following advice please:
    1. Info regarding the border crossing at Giriyondo. Prohibited items, red tape etc.
    2. What do I need to travel in Moz, so I dont get hassled? Reflective jackets etc.
    3. If I want to spend 2 nights in Covane, what is there to do and see? Besides drink, thats a given.
    4. Any feedback on the resort, maybe pics of the campsite. Most importantly, is it safe?

Please take the following into consideration: we will most likely be travelling alone, definately towing a conqueror.
    17 Ranger Supercab Tdci
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)

Default Re: Giriyondo to Covane

Quote Originally Posted by LandyLove View Post
    We have been putting off visiting Moz forever because of the politics surrounding cops. Now we have decided that we will ease ourselves into it by doing a Massingir trip.

Phalaborwa - Giriyondo - Massinger (Covane) - Giriyondo - Phalaborwa

Need the following advice please:
    1. Info regarding the border crossing at Giriyondo. Prohibited items, red tape etc.
    2. What do I need to travel in Moz, so I dont get hassled? Reflective jackets etc.
    3. If I want to spend 2 nights in Covane, what is there to do and see? Besides drink, thats a given.
    4. Any feedback on the resort, maybe pics of the campsite. Most importantly, is it safe?

Please take the following into consideration: we will most likely be travelling alone, definately towing a conqueror.
    We spent the whole off September 2018 travelling around just the 2 off us.

The Giriyondo border crossing was seamless and friendly. We had our meat and alcohol which they checked and let us proceed without hassle. The road can be a bit slow even without towing.

We stayed over at Covane and it was very pleasant...the campsites didn't have electricity then...amazing sunset over the dam.

We were never harassed by police at the countless roadblocks and always waved through.

Sticking to the speed limit is a must.

Drivemoz membership/stickers and insurance can be purchased at Covane.

You really should throw caution aside and explore Mozambique....we loved it and could have spent much more time there.

Default Re: Giriyondo to Covane

Thanks. We will give it a go and see how it goes. Really excited to explore next year, we have a full itinerary. Now just to get finance on that 4x4 XLS next week......
    17 Ranger Supercab Tdci
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)