Car jammer at the office. Is there any hope? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Car jammer at the office. Is there any hope?

The only way is always make sure the vehicle is definitely locked and never walk away if it is not, even then if they really want to get into your vehicle they will. I only ever use the auto locking feature when I am at home or in any other secure trusted parking area and will always make sure to lock and test the a door when parking in a public place. My Mazda CX-5 works as follows:

For unlocking:
    1. Use the remote to unlock all doors and boot
    2. Push the keyless button on the drivers door handle to unlock all doors
    3. Open the boot using the normal release handle, if the key is in range only the boot will open and the doors will stay locked

For locking:
    1. Use the remote to lock all doors and boot
    2. Auto lock of all doors if you move away from the vehicle, around 2 meters range and a very loud beep and hazards flash. Sometimes it will auto lock when getting out the drivers door and walking around to the boot as it is very sensitive.
    3. Press the keyless button on the drivers door handle locks all doors.

My cars are too old for this keyless nonsense...

The platkar you must press the lock & unlock fob, and, can you believe it, you must put the key into a hole, and wait for it - YOU have to TURN it YOURSELF before the engine starts - that's hard labor for sure.

The rocky, now that is excruciating HARD labor - you even have to put the key IN the door, and, TURN it ! Just a horrible and hard thing to do
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (new problem child)
    Platkar - Haaihoendaai i20 1.4

You have it easy. With my old merc you have to turn the key and then pull on a second knob for dear life for a while before it will start.
    Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post

The platkar you must press the lock & unlock fob, and, can you believe it, you must put the key into a hole, and wait for it - YOU have to TURN it YOURSELF before the engine starts - that's hard labor for sure.

The rocky, now that is excruciating HARD labor - you even have to put the key IN the door, and, TURN it ! Just a horrible and hard thing to do
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Had an incident at Vaalpark spar where I tried to lock my vehicle with the remote and nothing happened!!--Locked the car with the key and 2 minutes later netstar phoned to say the is a possibility of remote jamming----There is about 10 car guards "guarding" the vehicles...I informed the security supervisor and he said they know about it but can do nothing---SAPS was notified and same response!!!!!I did do a scan on the 433 MHz frequency and found some signals when Fortuners and Ford Rangers enters the parking area---God forbid them if I catch them because SAPS knows about it but doing nothing !!!!
    Toyota Fortuner D-4D 4x4 AT---My "speed control en navigasie "sisteem is al oor die 50 jaar oud!Ham Call ZS1SSM

My old Corolla has an upgraded Toyota factory-spec alarm, immobiliser and central locking system. The remote has one button which both locks and unlocks. When locking/unlocking, the hooter also chirps once/twice (great for neighbours when coming home late at night ).

When I worked at the SABC, I once parked the car on Henley Road outside Radio Park, which has no crime whatsoever, ever ever... I had just driven from Campus Square where the car had locked/unlocked without hassle. As I tried to lock it on Henley, it refused to respond to any commands. I tried another two times, standing right next to the car when doing so. No go. I looked around and noticed people lurking/"car guards"/spaza shop owners and customers. I stared at each of them for a few seconds. Then I pressed the remote button again - and the car locked with ease.

It happened again a few weeks later, but that time, even after my staring tactic, the car wouldn't lock. So I parked somewhere else.

It's frightening how these okes watch and wait.

On the point of that "window of opportunity" after locking a keyless-entry car, you ordinarily need to be within a metre of the door you want to open, if that. It takes no more than two seconds to move that distance away from your car. So unless you've got someone standing real close-by and ready to pounce after you begin to walk away (which means that you really ought to notice your surroundings a bit more), you aren't going to have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post

Agree totally. I have absolutely no problem in turning the key in the lock and double checking.
    Don't get me started on the modern push button this, automatic that, electronic black boxes etc. etc. etc.
    Gimmee plugs, points & condenser any day.
    Your mind is your strongest weapon.
    Then there's.....POWER TOOLS!
    '94 LC 80 GX
    '00 Frontier 280DT 4X2
    2002 Sprite Surfer Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by steamer View Post
    Agree totally. I have absolutely no problem in turning the key in the lock and double checking.
    Don't get me started on the modern push button this, automatic that, electronic black boxes etc. etc. etc.
    Gimmee plugs, points & condenser any day.
    and black and white tv's and no cell phones etc.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

It did happen at my home where no remote equipment and car and no alarms responded.
    The garage doors and motor gate and car alarms did not respond.
    On investigating and security company recommendations systems was tested.
    We found that with one “jammer” I could jam 3 entire houses and garage doors and gates from a dissents of about 50 meters in one go.
    Same incidents was reported in 3 different areas as far that I know.
    They use the same technique in the mall parking area.
    I will only make known how we did it on the Forum with Dirk’s permission.

Does anyone ever try to set these jammer up by leaving something booby trapped in the car, such as a bag with a few snakes in it, a rat trap, remote control smoke bombs etc. You'd have to have nothing better to do with your time but I'll bet the you tube hits alone would make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by B Murr; 2019/12/09 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenskind View Post
    A solution would be to get a rfid blocking pouch. Basically a Faraday cage for your key. Lock car with remote, visually confirm it locking, then place key in the pouch. The keys transmit continuously and the tsotsi know this. So there is a window of opportunity to open the doors as you walk away.
    This is a good idea but these guys are recording your frequency when you lock the car. You can confirm it has locked and walk away but once you are out of sight, they unlock your car using the frequency they have recorded.

All they need is that small window when you lock the car.

Quote Originally Posted by KesN View Post
    This is a good idea but these guys are recording your frequency when you lock the car. You can confirm it has locked and walk away but once you are out of sight, they unlock your car using the frequency they have recorded.

All they need is that small window when you lock the car.
    Nonsense. Modern systems use rolling codes that change every time they are used. They can record whatever they want, whatever they get is not useful in any way.

Criminals are everywhere, this bad!
    But this is good
    jelo
    Member suspended

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyG View Post
    Nonsense. Modern systems use rolling codes that change every time they are used. They can record whatever they want, whatever they get is not useful in any way.
    That is correct.

Battled to get the Tiguan to lock twice this week - Castle Walk Shopping Centre and later Cornwall Hill Shopping Centre (Pretoria East).

In both cases it only locked on the fourth or fifth attempt after me starting to scan around for culprits!

Had my laptop lifted this way 2 years ago from Elarduspark Shopping Centre - so I learned the hard way to double check!

They are all over the place - be vigilant!
    Last edited by LowRange; 2019/12/10 at 11:23 PM.
    Pajero Gen 4 GLX 30 Year Heritage Edition - Grondpad
    VW Tiguan 2.0TDi - Teerpad
    Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow

The Jeep Grand Cherokee has keyless and I have to touch the inside of the door handle to open the vehicle. To lock it I touch the button on the outside and check that the locks are down.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit CRD chased by a 2018 Buccaneer Cruiser twin axle caravan.

2 Things to activate by dealer/agents on your car if it is supported: 1. Mirrors to fold closed when locked (Verify visually) 2. Aubible signal when locking (alarm or horn)
    Die reën is 'n dag nader as gister.

Just yesterday my Netstar system warned that there is potential jamming:

I thought that was quite nifty. Thoughts?

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyG View Post
    Interesting that the technology used for rolling codes was initially developed in South Africa.
    The codes can be broken but take a lot of time and computing power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeeLoq

Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Today, car jammed, and liberated from expensive medical gear. Feeling very despondent after a terrible series of petty crime. Seems things are getting way worse:

Car locked by remote :

Vermin:

Gone, 1min 38 sec flat:

Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Today, car jammed, and liberated from expensive medical gear. Feeling very despondent after a terrible series of petty crime. Seems things are getting way worse:

Car locked by remote :

Vermin:

Gone, 1min 38 sec flat:

High Alert security company install a device that blocks all remote jammers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast