Tentco Senior Wanderer with delux extension setup

Default Tentco Senior Wanderer with delux extension setup

So I have the above mentioned Tentco setup. I used it twice so far and I dont think I am setting it up correctly, or maybe I am missing something.
    My problem is the way the ext part connects to the Bow part. It is only 1 pole with a hook shape. Now this is not very sturdy, because when the wind moves the tent, the hook part easily comes out rendering the tent unstable.

I dont have any pics unfortunately. Has anyone pitched theirs without this issue ?

Any help will be grateful.

Default Re: Tentco Senior Wanderer with delux extension setup

Do you have a photo? Either they changed the design or we're not talking about the same thing. My extension ends in a long piece that is used instead of the tent's own skullcap. It has 2 longish pieces that go over the top of the tent and hook into the holes in the tent. Unfortunately I don't have a nice photo of it.

Lightbulb Re: Tentco Senior Wanderer with delux extension setup

I see there are some Tentco videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFL6YatD1WU) on You-tube. Maybe one of them could help?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
    I see there are some Tentco videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFL6YatD1WU) on You-tube. Maybe one of them could help?
    I watched the video numerous times and it helped a lot with the initial pitching of the tent. But does not show that single pole that connects the ext to the top of the bow tent. Perhaps I will pop in at outdoor warehouse, they normally have tents setup.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyG View Post
    Do you have a photo? Either they changed the design or we're not talking about the same thing. My extension ends in a long piece that is used instead of the tent's own skullcap. It has 2 longish pieces that go over the top of the tent and hook into the holes in the tent. Unfortunately I don't have a nice photo of it.
    Yes I have that as well. But that pole that connecting the 2, that's what bothers me. I'm definitely taking pics next time I pitch

Either that's new or the original owner of mine lost it.

First of all take the "claw" and test its attachment to the cross at the top of the dome. Sometimes the hook gets bent. Once you see and understand how it hooks in it will be a lot easier. Now when setting up the dome (first) get the frame work erected with a few lower hooks from the tent hooked on to give the frame some stability. Before you go any further attach the "claw" to the cross at the top of the tent frame. You can pull the frame down a bit or stand on a step if you are a "shortie". Once hooked, some people keep it in place with a cable tie or "stretchie" (it sometimes falls out while you are busy erecting). Now leave it hanging there while you finish erecting the bow tent. Once the bow is done, then do the extension, then bring the two tents together (easiest to move the dome) joining the other end of the "claw" to the extension frame work.
    Hope this helps.
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY,
    SOMETIMES I JUST LET HER SLEEP!

Hi
    I see Sneaky Pete gave you the firsthand experience of the setup. I like the cable tie idea for the connection.
    For the extension erection I suggest laying out all the poles on the ground with the fitting/joints.
    Work from there up to the point where last legs get attached.It should be waist high now. Throw over the canvas and proceed.

Mine is gathering dust as I now do the caravan thingy.

I attach a schematic drawing , Inventory as well as the instructions. You will see the mention of the connecting pipe length.
    You can make up a connection from any pipe you may have .
    Mine is called a Kaudom, but exactly the same as yours.

Good luck and enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sent pictures.
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY,
    SOMETIMES I JUST LET HER SLEEP!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
    First of all take the "claw" and test its attachment to the cross at the top of the dome. Sometimes the hook gets bent. Once you see and understand how it hooks in it will be a lot easier. Now when setting up the dome (first) get the frame work erected with a few lower hooks from the tent hooked on to give the frame some stability. Before you go any further attach the "claw" to the cross at the top of the tent frame. You can pull the frame down a bit or stand on a step if you are a "shortie". Once hooked, some people keep it in place with a cable tie or "stretchie" (it sometimes falls out while you are busy erecting). Now leave it hanging there while you finish erecting the bow tent. Once the bow is done, then do the extension, then bring the two tents together (easiest to move the dome) joining the other end of the "claw" to the extension frame work.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks so much, I will definitely try your method, I like the cable tie idea and moving the Dome part to do the connection as apposed to moving the ext.
    Thanks so much for the claw pics !

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
    Sent pictures.
    Pics of the claw.

I had the same tent. When I bought this tent and extension (dogbert) camp and climb paarden eiland he advised me to cable tie it to the washer ontop of the tent rods

Quote Originally Posted by Ivtec View Post
    Pics of the claw.
    Thanks. I'll have to see if I can get this separately. I never got this with my Gumtree version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne P View Post
    I had the same tent. When I bought this tent and extension (dogbert) camp and climb paarden eiland he advised me to cable tie it to the washer ontop of the tent rods
    Cool, I'm trying that.