Suspension SAC or not to SAC

Default SAC or not to SAC

It is time to replace the Hilux 3.0D4D injectors. Got a couple of quotes and steves auto clinic Boksburg is better priced.

I read some scary stuff on hellopeter about SAC.

Are those comments just the exception or should I take the hilux elsewhere?

Default Re: SAC or not to SAC

Quote Originally Posted by domanah View Post
    It is time to replace the Hilux 3.0D4D injectors. Got a couple of quotes and steves auto clinic Boksburg is better priced.

I read some scary stuff on hellopeter about SAC.

Are those comments just the exception or should I take the hilux elsewhere?
    Had new shocks put on by them, years of squeaking and visits to all major 4x4 outlets, no answer to problem, eventually saw importer to discover installed wrong way around and not corrected embedded into seal (may ot be the technical term), thus causing squeeks.

I am no expert, but how on earth can you fit a shock absorber the wrong way around!!! (Although I physically watched Toyota strip the whole rear suspension and they missed it too)
    Last edited by bobscratchit; 2019/12/02 at 01:15 PM. Reason: dust in mac pro butterfly keys...missing letters

They refurbished my injectors, no issues afterwards but I am not sure that this is their speciality.
    n' profeet word nie in sy eie land geken nie!

Quote Originally Posted by bobscratchit View Post
    Had new shocks put on by them, years of squeaking and visits to all major 4x4 outlets, no answer to problem, eventually saw importer to discover installed wrong way around and not corrected embedded into seal (may ot be the technical term), thus causing squeeks.

I am no expert, but how on earth can you fit a shock absorber the wrong way around!!! (Although I physically watched Toyota strip the whole rear suspension and they missed it too)
    I'd like you to explain this as well.

As far as I know, the bushes on shocks do not have a preferred direction or alignment. I'd say there might have been a misalignment of the steel sleeve inside the bush. So I think this was an undocumented procedural issue and any of us could have made that mistake.

Front shock bottom coil end must face backwards