Nelspruit / lowveld members.

Default Nelspruit / lowveld members.

Are there any Nelspruit and surrounding members who would be interrested in starting a weekend warrior group. Day outings to local spots, and scenic drives. No club rules and fees, no chairman, no BS, just fun in the sun. No brand bashing, everyone is welcome, even 4x2 om some routes can be accommodated. Just explore the region and see some hidden gems with like minded travellers.

Whatsapp group sort of thing, make a date and trip. The person who organises it leads the trip. Put it on the group, anyone free to join, if you dont like it, dont go. Arrange your own trip that you like.

I will be happy to admin the group for a start. Once going someone else can take over if they want. Please show interrest here and send me a PM with contact details.
    20 Ranger Supercab 2.2 auto XLS 4x4
    18 Ranger Double cab Tdci (Swambo)
    12 Conqueror courage

17 Ranger Supercab Tdci (Sold)
    97 Defender 90 CSW 2.8i (Sold)
    04 Defender 110 d/c p/u Td5 (Sold)
    04 Discovery 2 Td5 GS auto (Sold)
    97 Defender HCPU Tdi (Sold)
    99 Discovery 2 TD5 GS (Sold)

Default Re: Nelspruit / lowveld members.

Our Ossewa 4x4 Group started on WhatsApp when we planned our 1st Ossewa 4x4 Trail trip. The group just stayed and new guys joined as we did more trips and others left.

Maybe also consider organising a trip and see who wants to join you. Then start a WhatsApp group to make arrangements. Then see where it goes from there.

We operate in a similar way you are suggesting. And although we do mostly trail type trips, we have done just "lekker kuier" trips. We specifically said we don't want to become a "club" and have all sorts of admin to handle with that and starting to feel obliged to organise something just to warrant the club. Sometimes we have more than one outing close to each other and other times months go by without anything. Nobody is stressed about it.... I think.

And although we do not want the admin associated with a club, we did realise that some sort of admin is required in managing the size of the group. But nothing is formal. We have come to a point where we do not just add people to group just for the sake of adding people. If a friend want to join a trip, we do not have problem at all. After the trip he can then decide if he want to join permanently or not. We are currently sitting on 19 members in the group. Some of whom I haven't even met as I could not join on some of they trips they went on.

As things work out and with people being busy, we never had a situation where we had to many vehicles on a trip. If that does happen we will just wing it, as the children would say.

In principal, I think it is good idea. And it is a good way to get to see places you would not have "discovered" by yourself. If the group survives the 1st trip chances are good you will end up with like minded people who stays on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniek View Post
    Our Ossewa 4x4 Group started on WhatsApp when we planned our 1st Ossewa 4x4 Trail trip. The group just stayed and new guys joined as we did more trips and others left.

Maybe also consider organising a trip and see who wants to join you. Then start a WhatsApp group to make arrangements. Then see where it goes from there.

We operate in a similar way you are suggesting. And although we do mostly trail type trips, we have done just "lekker kuier" trips. We specifically said we don't want to become a "club" and have all sorts of admin to handle with that and starting to feel obliged to organise something just to warrant the club. Sometimes we have more than one outing close to each other and other times months go by without anything. Nobody is stressed about it.... I think.

And although we do not want the admin associated with a club, we did realise that some sort of admin is required in managing the size of the group. But nothing is formal. We have come to a point where we do not just add people to group just for the sake of adding people. If a friend want to join a trip, we do not have problem at all. After the trip he can then decide if he want to join permanently or not. We are currently sitting on 19 members in the group. Some of whom I haven't even met as I could not join on some of they trips they went on.

As things work out and with people being busy, we never had a situation where we had to many vehicles on a trip. If that does happen we will just wing it, as the children would say.

In principal, I think it is good idea. And it is a good way to get to see places you would not have "discovered" by yourself. If the group survives the 1st trip chances are good you will end up with like minded people who stays on.
    Hi Danie, I have been meaning to contact you. Maybe we can just join you on one of your trips? Seems like you have the system sorted.

I am running around like hell at the moment. But we can maybe set up a meeting sometime. Will phone you during the week. I would be more of a "kaas en wyn" type of overlander. I will be spending a lot of money (for me) on my new vehicle so dont want to scrath and murder it on a trail. I have done many trails, so I am happy that I can/have done it.
    12 Conqueror courage

"Thanks button"

Hi Any age restrictions?

Nope, anyone with a good spirit welcome. Sorry for the slow response to everyone who replied. Expect some action soon.
    12 Conqueror courage

Interested, I work in Angola, but would like to when I am at home.

Hi, anything happening here. I would also be interested

Nothing happening at the moment. There have been some unexpected drama that curbed my enthusiasm and restricted my free time. But keep adding to the list. Will post here to arrange something when this corona business blows over.
    12 Conqueror courage