2nd Tornado this week in KZN

Default 2nd Tornado this week in KZN

BREAKING: A second tornado has appeared in Jagersrust, Bergville in KwaZulu-Natal. Resident Showan Marescia has taken this video and said it touched down on multiple occasions. @News24 https://t.co/qkEr13Uwwb
    2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI SE S-Tronic 3Dr

Default Re: 2nd Tornado this week in KZN

Us KZNers are going to have to learn to speak with an American accent!
    Steve
    Jetta 2.0 TDI 2012
    Pajero 3.2 SWB 2009
    Jurgens Xcape
    Discovery II TD5 2004 (Sold)

Just got a WhatsApp of one in Margate as well !!!!
    2013 Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4x4
    2015 Isuzu KB300

Johann

-----------------------------------------------------

Never test the depth of the water with both feet - W.E.Tnuts

Quote Originally Posted by BroJ View Post
    Just got a WhatsApp of one in Margate as well !!!!

It is a old one, from a few years back in Port Shepstone

Defender 110 s/w 3.9 V8 SU
    Rangie 4.4 V8i

SWAMBO - Defender 90 V8 with no V8 waiting for the 4.6

Kaloosa Guess-A-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    BREAKING: A second tornado has appeared in Jagersrust, Bergville in KwaZulu-Natal. Resident Showan Marescia has taken this video and said it touched down on multiple occasions. @News24 https://t.co/qkEr13Uwwb

Tornado?? Daai's n ou warrelwindjie. Jy kry baie van hulle in die Karoo.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

Demmit, I've got two pallets of forms that must be delivered to Amanzimtoti before end of today. Got this mail from Courier IT:

Hi All,

Kindly advise where is kzn.

Please take note of the notification below;

Delays in KZN Due to Heavy Rainfall

Dear Valued Client

We expect delays in Durban and KwaZulu-Natal on Thursday 14/11/2019 and Friday 15/11/2019 due to excessive rain expected during the next 24 hours.

The SA Weather Service has released the following statement:
    ďOver the central and eastern parts of KwaZulu-Natal, this heavy rain is expected to lead to flooding of roads and settlements both formal and informal, which may result in some communities being displaced and inaccessible. High rainfall totals have already been recorded across KwaZulu-Natal, resulting in the ground being saturated.Ē
    ďThere is an extreme danger to life due to fast flowing rivers. There is also a possibility of landslides and soil erosion along highly elevated areas which might lead to further disruption to traffic flow. Accumulated rainfall amounts for Thursday and Friday could exceed 100-150 mm in places over KwaZulu-Natal.
    Ē

Your co-operation and understanding would be appreciated in this regard.

The Courierit Team
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Default 2nd Tornado this week in KZN

*yawns*

I drove from Salt Rock to Durban North yesterday afternoon, no rain. I'm still waiting for it to rain today in Durban.

Most of these videos of tornados and storm surges on the beaches are from years ago.

This is all being really over hyped for nothing.

The current weather in Durban:

Last edited by Naes-Landy; 2019/11/15 at 08:24 AM.
    1998 Defender 90 TDi 300 for Africa.
    2014 Ford Fiesta 1L EcoBoost petrol for Europe.

Swambo and I have a little travel blog: https://www.thetravellingchilli.com

Yes, predicted storm missed us but its not over hyped, IMO they are rightfully erring on the side of caution........there have been quite a few drownings in the last few days from this weather system already.
    FJC - Just Cruising

After a meeting in DBN, I was soundly entrenched in the Bush Tavern yesterday in Umdloti, in anticipation of apocalyptic weather conditions having decided a fitting end for myself would be a pint in hand with a world renowned flattie in front of me .....................
    Last edited by Estee; 2019/11/15 at 08:22 AM.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

Storm danger over ( left of picture). He left for Cape Town yesterdayName:  20191114_154747.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  32.2 KB

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Storm danger over ( left of picture). He left for Cape Town yesterdayName:  20191114_154747.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  32.2 KB
    Really dangerous being around Alex.
    Did he bring some of his Triggerfish brews with?
    Last edited by BarnieH; 2019/11/15 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Yes, predicted storm missed us but its not over hyped, IMO they are rightfully erring on the side of caution........there have been quite a few drownings in the last few days from this weather system already.
    There is a difference between erring on the side of caution and getting it horribly wrong and consequently creating mass panic for no good reason.

Those 2 photos above were taken at my brothers house. Swambo and I are baby sitting his kids because the schools are closed, but for what?? Can you see the tornados in the photos?

I really am truly sorry a few people have drowned, but how many people live in KZN? And anyone who does should know that it rains like this every year and that you should stay away from strongly flowing flooded rivers.

Swambo playing with my brothers kids, outside in the storm. Iím glad there are so many tornados wipping about and keeping them home. We havnít seen them for nearly 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnieH View Post
    Really dangerous being around Alex.
    Did he bring some of his Triggerfish brews with?
    Nah, limited production runs meant none available, but we did swop some rum samples, me giving him the best of Zululand's offering and he giving me a bottle of the Cape's

Quote Originally Posted by Naes-Landy View Post
    Swambo playing with my brothers kids, outside in the storm. Iím glad there are so many tornados wipping about and keeping them home. We havnít seen them for nearly 3 years.

So it was fake news then?

*yawns*

I drove from Salt Rock to Durban North yesterday afternoon, no rain. I'm still waiting for it to rain today in Durban.

Most of these videos of tornados and storm surges on the beaches are from years ago.

This is all being really over hyped for nothing.

The current weather in Durban:

The fake tornado was in Bergville, if Im not mistaken Bergville and Durban north is not exactly close to one another

There is a difference between erring on the side of caution and getting it horribly wrong and consequently creating mass panic for no good reason.

Those 2 photos above were taken at my brothers house. Swambo and I are baby sitting his kids because the schools are closed, but for what?? Can you see the tornados in the photos?

I really am truly sorry a few people have drowned, but how many people live in KZN? And anyone who does should know that it rains like this every year and that you should stay away from strongly flowing flooded rivers.
    LoL......The public are the ones that create mass panic, the authorities were 100% right in issuing that warning without doubt.......were you in Durban for any of the last few years localized flooding?? if you were then you would also err on the side of caution believe me!!

Last time the authorities were crucified for not being proactive enough wrt storm warnings and now they created 'mass panic' and get the same treatment - lol!!
    Last edited by dirtshark; 2019/11/15 at 09:02 AM.
    FJC - Just Cruising

Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    The fake tornado was in Bergville, if Im not mistaken Bergville and Durban north is not exactly close to one another
    That is true, but they made it sound like the entire province of KZN was about to suffer untold misery.

And no, that tornado wasn't fake news, but like some of the storm surge videos people shared on social media yesterday claiming they were happening at the time, those incidences in fact happened years ago.

The news channels that then jump on the bandwagon and broadcast these events appear to not first check the claims of exactly when and where such footage was taken.

Yes, there is a storm system over KZN right now, but considering I am also in KZN, the whole sensational hype over it all is just that. I'm calling their bluff.

That is true, but they made it sound like the entire province of KZN was about to suffer untold misery.

And no, that tornado wasn't fake news, but like some of the storm surge videos people shared on social media yesterday claiming they were happening at the time, those incidences in fact happened years ago.

The news channels that then jump on the bandwagon and broadcast these events appear to not first check the claims of exactly when and where such footage was taken.

Yes, there is a storm system over KZN right now, but considering I am also in KZN, the whole sensational hype over it all is just that. I'm calling their bluff.
    So you are basically peeved off with other people spreading fake news about the tornado's and using social media to make it worse than what it actually is?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    LoL......The public are the ones that create mass panic, the authorities were 100% right in issuing that warning without doubt.......were you in Durban for any of the last few years localized flooding?? if you were then you would also err on the side of caution believe me!!

Last time the authorities were crucified for not being proactive enough wrt storm warnings and now they created 'mass panic' and get the same treatment - lol!!
    I hear you. This happens all over the world. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For what it's worth, I read the warnings, and it's not the authorities that I'm annoyed with. It's everyone else who blew it all way out of proportion.