Planning a trip Cape Town to Malawi and back advices please

Default Planning a trip Cape Town to Malawi and back advices please

I am planning a trip from Cape Town to Malawi and back through Zambia, Namibia and Botswana. We will be entering Mozambique through Pafuri border. From there to Gonarezhou NP, where we will exit the park in the North. From here I am not sure of where to. Could we travel to Moz coast for a few days at the see or other sightings? (It looks like Moz coastline is where everyone goes to). If it is not worthwhile to travel to the coast which route should we take to Malawi border? We are not sure how safe the Northern part of Moz is!!!
    I would like to get comments and suggestions on this part. We are not fixed to time.
    As soon as I have our itinerary completed I will post it here for comments and suggestions.

Thanks.
    Ben

RY WAAR JY MAG MET PASSIE

2009 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D DC 4X4

Default Re: Planning a trip Cape Town to Malawi and back advices please

If you would like to visit the coast, the most practical would probably be the Inhassoro area. Driving South, just to drive North again doesn't make sense. It could be worth while as you would want to get back onto the EN1 as quickly as possible in any case. You could then also pass through Zinave National Park en route to Inhassoro.

From there I would drive via Chimoio and Tete to Dedza border post or Zobue if you want to enter further South and pop in to Blantyre / Liwonde.

Regarding safety in the North? The recent issues in the Palma area is still isolated to the extreme Noth East part of the country and a very long way from where you are going so I would not be concerned.
    Pieter Greeff