F1 - 2020 - Page 74

Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24 49 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2329

Thread: F1 - 2020

Default Re: F1 - 2020

Less rules, more racing.....
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

2. The Following User Says Thank You to duncang For This Useful Post:

My boat trailer tyre on Saturday.....it was a sign I tell you
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    FJC - Just Cruising

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    My boat trailer tyre on Saturday.....it was a sign I tell you
    I hope your engineer warned you on time
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoFrans View Post
    I hope your engineer warned you on time
    The only warning was a droning sound and plenty smoke, these ones don't do too well at 100 without air
    Last edited by dirtshark; 2020/08/03 at 01:09 PM.
    FJC - Just Cruising

Ja but did you manage to get to the dam without being overtaken?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Ja but did you manage to get to the dam without being overtaken?
    Now this is funny
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

So you finished on one wheel
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Orxy; 2020/08/03 at 03:31 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    It is not really racing anymore. Try to nurse the engine to last, go slow from lap one to save the tires, cannot go fast as the fuel will run out, get closer than 2 sec of similar car cannot over take...
    This part... i can't but help to say, based on the races to date: it is probably true (more for MB).
    Race 1 - Pole - VB - Winner VB
    Race 2 - Pole - LH - Winner LH
    Race 3 - etc...

i guess the qualifying will then tell us the results before the race
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...petta/4848120/

Translated from Italian:

"... Motorsport.com obtained the phonometric surveys carried out in qualifying at Silverstone: the power measurements showed surprising data. The full boost Mercedes power unit was the only one to increase horsepower compared to last year. Honda pays a gap of 28 hp, Renault pays a 37 hp, while Ferrari is last with a gap of 42 hp.

... The power unit of Lewis Hamilton squeezed in Q3 showed 1,022 horses, while that of Valtteri Bottas stopped at 1,020 horses. A nothing that does not justify the gap of three tenths that the ex-champion has inflicted on the good Finnish, but which explains the impressive difference with all the others who, at least in the dry lap, just don't exist.

If Mercedes wanted to give a signal he sent it clear and strong: we are talking about twenty more horses than those seen earlier this year. No wonder: the W11 had finished the GP dominated in Austria with 11 kilos of petrol in the tank, a sign that there would be "beer" to spend. And so it was in Silverstone.

Only the heat could have mitigated the overflowing superiority of the black arrows, fearing the lubrication problems of Brixworth's engine, but Andy Cowell's latest masterpiece also stopped smoking ...

There is talk of a "miraculous" petrol homologated before Spielberg and of a different hybrid strategy: the two combined things give a surprising "mix". All the other engines have lost power compared to the last one, not Mercedes which, in fact, has made an important step forward which also benefits the customer teams (Racing Point and Williams).

The FIA in telemetry has not seen anything unusual, even if now it is up to Mercedes to feel the "breeze" of those who claim that it is impossible to get over a thousand horses without acting in the gray areas of the regulation in spite of the Technical Directives issued by Nicholas Tombazis. But there are those who argue that false signals can be sent to the flow meter to prevent it from reading the correct data, firing more fuel than allowed into the combustion chamber. ..."
    Last edited by Orxy; 2020/08/04 at 10:02 AM.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/racing-point-kopier-streit-bremshutzen-bei-mercedes-gekauft/

"... That sounds like it confirms Renault's suspicions. The Racing Point engineers copied the brake ventilation of the Mercedes W10 not only on the basis of photos. Officially, the original parts were on the table.

The crux of the matter is that the brake vents only changed their status in the classification of the components on January 1, 2020. The teams have known about it since July 2019. It is more a legal than a sports policy question how this special case should be assessed.

Racing Point used knowledge of a detail for its 2020 car that was legally available until December 31, 2019. In theory, Mercedes could have sold its brake vents to everyone up to this point. As this is a 2019 component, the 2019 regulations should also apply.

In addition, the construction plans for the corresponding parts were put on paper last year. Nikolas Tombazis threw the point around: "Even if Racing Point had thrown any drawings or data in the trash at the end of December, the knowledge previously acquired would still be in the minds of the engineers."

Practice causes resentment among the competition. Haas team manager Guenther Steiner says that after the brake ventilation status changed, he had received a warning from the FIA ​​not to request information from Ferrari under any circumstances. Aid would have been prohibited even in 2019.

"I hired three engineers and had tools built to develop and build our own brake vents," explains Steiner. The difference to Racing Point is that Haas buys its parts from the current Ferrari. Had he received documents about the 2020 Ferrari's brake covers in 2019, it would have been clearly illegal.

While there may be a plausible explanation for the brake ventilation, more and more engineers doubt that Racing Point was able to reproduce the entire car so faithfully using photos. McLaren team boss Andreas Seidl is also surprised: "This is not possible with photos taken in the pit lane or in the Parc Fermť. You will need a scan."

In the paddock, it is said that Renault received a tip from ex-Racing Point employees. They changed camp in winter. If they exist, they will likely only play the key witnesses before an appeals court with civil judges...."
    Last edited by Orxy; 2020/08/04 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Manufactured racing does not work and will kill any series

Its not easy, but there are a few obvious (for me anyway) things to do

Drop the stupid rules limiting testing, limiting engine upgrades and forcing teams to use engines and gearbox for multiple races, none of these measures saved any money. Under the current setup Merc dominance is locked in the next 2 years. Under the current rules its virtually impossible to catch a team that gets it right at the start of the season (or has a significant advantage from the previous season)

Developing an engine to last 4 races is more expensive than just building 4 engines and tossing them after each race. Stopping testing means teams now build multiple upgrade version sets to test at a race weekend, the bulk of which are scrapped after practise, previously they could make 1 wing and run it a local track close to the factory for testing and tweak it till they are happy and then produce production versions.

Allow more (legal) component sharing, look what it did for Racing Point this year. This will allow midfield teams to save huge money in terms of R&D that can then be spent elsewhere. What is the point in having the race winner lap up to 5th place in a race?
    Absolutely agree 100%.

Something has to be done, I definitely cannot sit through another season like this in 2021 with the status quo in place.

I always made sure I watched every single grand prix when I started following F1 in 1989 (if I could not watch it live, I would video tape it ). My interest in the sport slowly started waning when the current turbo/hybrid regulations were introduced. SO much so that I missed a few races last year without even watching highlights. This year I was excited to get going after not having live sport for a while, I subscribed to F1TV and watched the first three races, after watching Saturday's qualifying I just couldn't be bothered to watch the race. Even in lockdown I could find loads of more exciting things I would rather do than watching F1.

Actually sad that it has come to this. SO I agree absolutely that something needs to be done, and your suggestion would provide the competing teams with an opportunity to fight back fairly. With the limited testing and development allowed, the regs have favoured Mercedes as they were the best out of the blocks with the current regulations. As the other teams could not do the necessary development from the start, they were never going to catch up, never mind pass Merc legally.

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...petta/4848120/

Translated from Italian:

"... Motorsport.com obtained the phonometric surveys carried out in qualifying at Silverstone: the power measurements showed surprising data. The full boost Mercedes power unit was the only one to increase horsepower compared to last year. Honda pays a gap of 28 hp, Renault pays a 37 hp, while Ferrari is last with a gap of 42 hp.

... The power unit of Lewis Hamilton squeezed in Q3 showed 1,022 horses, while that of Valtteri Bottas stopped at 1,020 horses. A nothing that does not justify the gap of three tenths that the ex-champion has inflicted on the good Finnish, but which explains the impressive difference with all the others who, at least in the dry lap, just don't exist.

If Mercedes wanted to give a signal he sent it clear and strong: we are talking about twenty more horses than those seen earlier this year. No wonder: the W11 had finished the GP dominated in Austria with 11 kilos of petrol in the tank, a sign that there would be "beer" to spend. And so it was in Silverstone.

Only the heat could have mitigated the overflowing superiority of the black arrows, fearing the lubrication problems of Brixworth's engine, but Andy Cowell's latest masterpiece also stopped smoking ...

There is talk of a "miraculous" petrol homologated before Spielberg and of a different hybrid strategy: the two combined things give a surprising "mix". All the other engines have lost power compared to the last one, not Mercedes which, in fact, has made an important step forward which also benefits the customer teams (Racing Point and Williams).

The FIA in telemetry has not seen anything unusual, even if now it is up to Mercedes to feel the "breeze" of those who claim that it is impossible to get over a thousand horses without acting in the gray areas of the regulation in spite of the Technical Directives issued by Nicholas Tombazis. But there are those who argue that false signals can be sent to the flow meter to prevent it from reading the correct data, firing more fuel than allowed into the combustion chamber. ..."

Interesting, this reminds me again of my earlier post:

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    Not wanting to stir, but I found Toto Wolff's comments over the weekend extremely funny.

Last year Toto was adamant that the jump in Ferrari's performance was impossible to achieve legally. His words were that as the regulations are now quite mature it is impossible for a team to make a significant jump in performance.

Then come the weekend and Toto informs us that Merc's significant jump in performance compared to their rivals was as a result of them chasing Ferrari last year.

So let's get this straight: Only Merc's engineers can initiate "legal" jumps in performance when chasing other teams, but all other teams chasing Merc will not be able to do it "legally".

Am I understanding him correctly?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:

RP, Merc, and Renault have been summoned to the principal's office.

Last edited by Orxy; 2020/08/05 at 12:14 PM.

Bottas has contract for one more year by Merc

di Resta has been nominated as reserve driver for McLaren
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Bottas has contract for one more year by Merc

di Resta has been nominated as reserve driver for McLaren
    Di Resta will only be considered if Vandoorne and Guiterez canít make it.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Di Resta will only be considered if Vandoorne and Guiterez canít make it.
    Correct. The problem is that there are not that many free drivers with the required license. I suspect the team wanted to make sure they have somebody if Corona hits also them. Di Resta has the super license because he took part in one race 2017 (?). Did not finish.

I saw in an other article that Vettel has a contract with pink merc.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Correct. The problem is that there are not that many free drivers with the required license. I suspect the team wanted to make sure they have somebody if Corona hits also them. Di Resta has the super license because he took part in one race 2017 (?). Did not finish.

I saw in an other article that Vettel has a contract with pink merc.
    Correct.

Pink Merc would have announced it last week, but due to Perez being +, they could not announce it as it is not considered polite.
    Sent from my iPhone

https://twitter.com/pirellisport/sta...12627030253569

"Statement on Kvyat incident, British GP: a mechanical issue led to the inside of the wheel rim overheating, burning the bead of the tyre. So the bead was no longer able to seal the tyre onto the rim. This caused the deflation, with the tyre itself playing no part in the cause."

Page 74 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24 49 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 99 ... LastLast