F1 - 2020 - Page 63

Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1563

Thread: F1 - 2020

Default Re: F1 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    And what might he be discriminating against ... care to tell us?
    I decided not to enter a debate on discrimination here, sent a PM.

Google "discrimination" and take your choice.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Omission is just as powerful a statement as any other kind of discrimination.
    Well, LH chooses his slave trade equipment very wisely - he only discriminates against certain groups of slave labour - the others are fine as he is sponsored by them.

I think the world have no nits left to pick, they have all been picked here the last few days.

Was I the only one amazed at the cockpit views during qualifying? Aquaplaning and wheel spinning, snap over-steer and no ABS while doing 300km/h with no visibility.

These guys are driving gods.
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Surely he has a choice of who he wants to support or not
    Only if his choices are the same as Safari's. That's what they call cancel culture - if you don't believe what I believe and choose what I choose, you are wrong and I will make you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    I think the world have no nits left to pick, they have all been picked here the last few days.

Was I the only one amazed at the cockpit views during qualifying? Aquaplaning and wheel spinning, snap over-steer and no ABS while doing 300km/h with no visibility.

I have said it many times, ANY of these drivers including the pay drivers such as Stroll and Latifi that seem incompetent measured against the high level in F1 will wipe the floor with just about anyone driving in a national series.
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape

2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lizardalpha View Post
    Last time I checked this was still a free world, with freedom of choice. If I, or anyone for that matter, chooses not to support a certain person, or persons, based on their actions, I, or for that matter anyone, is allowed to do that. There is also a big difference between being a supporter, and being a discriminator. And then, the same applies for a team, I either support a team, or I don't.

Also, when people didn't support a certain Pablo Montoya, because he was reckless, was that seen as discriminating, or just not supporting an oke because people didn't like him?
    Take my words with a pinch (or a showel) of salt, especially when I add any of those.

Let's celebrate the winners then , it will be hard to do so for the losers .

By the way Ferrari cancelled the post race press conference - for obvious reasons, and it was not the debate over the fuel supply manipulation.
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post

Max's last lap before he spun out was spectacular from inside the cockpit.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sias View Post
    Only if his choices are the same as Safari's. That's what they call cancel culture - if you don't believe what I believe and choose what I choose, you are wrong and I will make you pay.
    See post above, and sorry to derail a perfectly insane thread, let's go back to topic then.
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    I have said it many times, ANY of these drivers including the pay drivers such as Stroll and Latifi that seem incompetent measured against the high level in F1 will wipe the floor with just about anyone driving in a national series.
    While working for Wiel I drove with a certain laconic driver in his rally Quattro - I have always understood after that that I have the driving ability of a sloth...
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Frotuna.

Why are you always in such a bad mood? Experience...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Take my words with a pinch (or a showel) of salt, especially when I add any of those.

Let's celebrate the winners then , it will be hard to do so for the losers .

By the way Ferrari cancelled the post race press conference - for obvious reasons, and it was not the debate over the fuel supply manipulation.
    But I don't celebrate the winners, I celebrate the success of my team, or teams, and the success of the driver, or drivers that I support. Same as it was when Ferrari was always winning, I did not care for Ferrari, and I still don't, but heck the front was just boring, the middle pack was way more interesting.

BTW, when another country wins the world cup, did you celebrate that? When England won it in 2003, did you celebrate them? If not, why not? Or did you celebrate in 1995,2007, and 2019?

Taken with a pinch of salt, as requested, but replied with a smidgen of salt
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

Back on track though, I was happy with Lando's ultimate performance, though I fear my earlier hopes of a bit of a competitive car seems far stretched. They are just lacking the pace required to be challenging enough.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE

But I don't celebrate the winners, I celebrate the success of my team, or teams, and the success of the driver, or drivers that I support. Same as it was when Ferrari was always winning, I did not care for Ferrari, and I still don't, but heck the front was just boring, the middle pack was way more interesting.

BTW, when another country wins the world cup, did you celebrate that? When England won it in 2003, did you celebrate them? If not, why not? Or did you celebrate in 1995,2007, and 2019?

Taken with a pinch of salt, as requested, but replied with a smidgen of salt

I don't have to celebrate any of those and my country has never won the WC.
    We are far better in downhill skiing or snowboarding as well as mountain biking

Albeit being away from my birth country for more than half of my life, I still enjoy the Matterhorn, the Piz Gloria and the skiing in Gstaad or Crap Sogn Gion.

A riddle for a few, but let's say, I get my supplies of Chocolates and Emmental cheese from time to time
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

Back on track though, I was happy with Lando's ultimate performance, though I fear my earlier hopes of a bit of a competitive car seems far stretched. They are just lacking the pace required to be challenging enough.
    Consistency might help in the long run, but this season it will be less of an issue.
    Despite having witnessed quite a few shake ups through DNF's in just 2 races

Lando doing a sterling job and his last lap rambo attacks have given him a solid base for points in the championship.
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

[QUOTE=Morne - Skip;4431697]Max's last lap before he spun out was spectacular from inside the cockpit.[/QUOTE
    Agree, and to think that he would have still been .6 down on Hamilton if he hadn't spun shows you how insane Hamiltons lap was!!
    FJC - Just Cruising

[QUOTE=dirtshark;4431743]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Max's last lap before he spun out was spectacular from inside the cockpit.[/QUOTE
    Agree, and to think that he would have still been .6 down on Hamilton if he hadn't spun shows you how insane Hamiltons lap was!!
    Max is probably the driver currently that extracts more pace from his car, than the pace that actually lives in the DNA of the car (hope I make sense).

However, Lewis' pace comes into perspective when compared to his teammate. Bottas is no fool behind the wheel, but when Hammertime comes, he cannot begin to live with Lewis, not a spesific instance, in general. I am not good at stats, but I would love to see the mean difference of Lewis' combined time from lights out to flag for all races last season vs Bottas (only counting the races where they both finished to be fair). I will not be surprised if it runs into a surprisingly high number. (in fact it will be nice to see this stat across all teams).

Secondly, I know it will never fly, but a small part of me believes the World Champion should be determined on races won. The driver who wins the most is the WC. No points. Allocate points to the teams to determine Constructors Champ and divide funds from Liberty. I reference this to Keke Rosberg who won 1 race in his WC year.

I understand consistency and reliability needs to be rewarded, but I like a driver who has the fire and desire to win. Which will still leave Lewis at the top, nothing will have changed.

Has anybody picked up any chatter from Italy yet.....? I cannot read Roman, so do not know what the press is saying that side.

How similar are the Racing Point and Mercedes brake ducts? https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...-duct/4833399/

Name:  racing-point-rp20-and-mercedes-1.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  141.5 KB

"... Rather than complain about the general cloning of the Mercedes, Renault has instead opted to focus on the specifics of the team’s front and rear brake ducts.

It is clear that rivals have closely observed the similarities between the RP20 and last year’s Mercedes W10, and Renault feels that there are enough similarities with the brake ducts to consider them a copy.

At the rear of the car, the overall design of the brake drum, inlet scoop, vertical end fence and associated winglets is uncanny.

Meanwhile, at the front of the car, there will generally be more changes made throughout the course of a season, with the amount of cooling altered to suit the characteristics of the circuit.

This also means that the teams often have to change the configuration of the drum to offset the cooling capacity with their aerodynamic demands. The W10 sported at least four distinctly different designs throughout the course of the season.

You can see from this comparison image above that it had at least one design which is similar, if not the same, as the ones used on the W10.

Small geometrical differences between the Racing Point and Mercedes ducts on the outside may be sufficient to placate the FIA’s technical representative, however.

But should they be identical on the inside with channelling – something which can only be copied with inside knowledge – then that will only strengthen Renault’s case,

Marrying the internal flow structures will have a significant aerodynamic and thermodynamic impact, a gap that would be difficult to bridge for any of the smaller teams.

It will also be interesting to see if Mercedes has been requested to supply just one of its brake duct designs, or all of them that were raced throughout 2019, as there were discernible differences between them.

Listed parts
    Brake ducts on F1 cars are incredibly complex, and is especially important because under the 2020 Formula 1 regulations they fall under the category of ‘Listed Parts’.

This means that unlike suspension and brake assemblies that teams are allowed to purchase from one another, the design of the brake ducts must be their own and not sourced from another competitor or third party.

Any ‘Listed Parts’ designed by a competitor or third party means it also retains exclusive rights over the design, as long as it competes in Formula 1. That cannot then be used by another team.

Based on Renault’s protest, the FIA has sealed and impounded the relevant parts from Racing Point’s cars and has asked a representative of the Technical Department to conduct a thorough analysis and report back to the stewards.

The representative is also authorised to call upon outside technical assistance, including representatives of Racing Point, Renault and Mercedes.

The stewards have also ordered Mercedes to provide the front and rear brake ducts used on the W10 during 2019 in order that the FIA Technical Department may use them for their comparative analysis...."
    Last edited by Orxy; 2020/07/13 at 03:26 PM.
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

[QUOTE=jaconell;4431844]
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post

Secondly, I know it will never fly, but a small part of me believes the World Champion should be determined on races won. The driver who wins the most is the WC. No points. Allocate points to the teams to determine Constructors Champ and divide funds from Liberty. I reference this to Keke Rosberg who won 1 race in his WC year.
    To finish first, first you must finish. This applies to individual races as well as a whole season

Can you imagine the carnage, currently if you are in P2 there is motivation to get to P1 because of the points difference. Under you rules it will be all or nothing so you have nothing to loose to simply send one up inside and hoping the move comes off. If you make contact en drop out of the race then nothing is lost.

Also his championship was with the older 9/6/4/3/2/1 points system which placed a lower premium on winning a race vs now plus Pironi who finished 2nd 5 points behind him had a career ending crash and did not compete in the last 5 races. Most races any single driver won in '82 was 2
    Last edited by mullerza; 2020/07/13 at 03:36 PM.
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape

2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=mullerza;4431856]
    Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    To finish first, first you must finish. This applies to individual races as well as a whole season

Can you imagine the carnage, currently if you are in P2 there is motivation to get to P1 because of the points difference. Under you rules it will be all or nothing so you have nothing to loose to simply send one up inside and hoping the move comes off. If you make contact en drop out of the race then nothing is lost.

Also his championship was with the older 9/6/4/3/2/1 points system which placed a lower premium on winning a race vs now plus Pironi who finished 2nd 5 points behind him had a career ending crash and did not compete in the last 5 races. Most races any single driver won in '82 was 2
    As mentioned in my post, I understand it will not work, and you have explained why, thanks. I agree. It is often however lacklustre to watch a driver settle in for a points finish rather than trying to make up places. (seems Lando feels the same - smiley here, emoticons not working)

Thing is, every time I watch Moto GP, I get this thought. These guys go hammer & tongs all the way to the flag. It feels as if these blokes are only ever happy when at the top step of the podium. But, yes, probably easier sending one up the inside on a machine a quarter of the width of an F1 car. My wife sometimes has to remind me to breathe when I watch Moto GP.
    Last edited by jaconell; 2020/07/13 at 03:51 PM.

Angry Re: F1 - 2020

Just hope the racist Hamilton don't won the championship
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    2018 Hilux 2.4 4x4 D/C
    Afrispoor Serval

[QUOTE=jaconell;4431878]
    Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post

As mentioned in my post, I understand it will not work, and you have explained why, thanks. I agree. It is often however lacklustre to watch a driver settle in for a points finish rather than trying to make up places. (seems Lando feels the same��)

Thing is, every time I watch Moto GP, I get this thought. These guys go hammer & tongs all the way to the flag. It feels as if these blokes are only ever happy when at the top step of the podium. But, yes, probably easier sending one up the inside on a machine a quarter of the width of an F1 car. My wife sometimes has to remind me to breathe when I watch Moto GP.
    If you want them to race the wheels off the car, then allow them to build cars without being penalized when they have to swop an engine, or gearbox, or whatever. I think often times they have to "settle" as to not stuff up the car.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE

26. The Following User Says Thank You to lizardalpha For This Useful Post:

Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast