F1 - 2020 - Page 62

Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12 37 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1513

Thread: F1 - 2020

Default Re: F1 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Well, well, the gloves are coming off!

Renault lodges protest against Racing Point: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...p/4832634/amp/

"... The Renault protest alleged that Racing Point had breached the rules by not using a design that had been fully created by itself.

Article 1 of Appendix 6 of the Sporting Regulations states: "A competitor shall, in respect of the Listed Parts to be used in its cars in Formula One, only use Listed Parts which are designed by it."

Renault further cited that Racing Point had not retained: "the exclusive right to use the Listed Parts in Formula One so long as it competes in Formula One."

And it also alleged that in copying the Mercedes concept it had breached rules that required: "in the case of the Outsourcing of design, such third party shall not be a competitor or a party that directly or indirectly designs Listed Parts for any competitor." "
    I wonder, if Renault had finished ahead of RP would they have lodged the protest?
    Regards,

William

D4 v8 --Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Walker
    “I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

Default F1 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    During the race SkySport commentators said that FIA has looked into this, visited factory, looked at drawings... Lets call it industrial espionage using camera and own designers.

I worked for Valmet long time ago. There were 3 leading paper making machine companies at the time. Many paper factories had different makes in their halls. All employees were "instructed" to look at competition and take measurements - not with tape - by hand, by steps, packet of cigarette, box of matches... Sketch outside the gate.

Look after the race how even the drivers go and have a look into other cars. All of them spy and copy. Engine is more difficult but they use remote methods and for that reason Ferrari run into trouble.

If they do not find drawings handed over or similar it is difficult to prove the alleged case.

We will see.
    This is correct. Racing Point said that they copied using the photos.

I think the case will be thrown out if that is the case, unless someone saw someone passing on CAD drawings to Racing Point Engineers.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/07/12 at 07:49 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

You can create a cad surface from enough photos at different angles, and calibrate the dimensions with a known sized item on the car like a wheel rim.

Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post
    You can create a cad surface from enough photos at different angles, and calibrate the dimensions with a known sized item on the car like a wheel rim.
    Which is 100% legal.
    Sent from my iPhone

Stewards request parts from Racing Point and Mercedes following Renault protest: https://www.racefans.net/2020/07/12/...nault-protest/

"... the Stewards summoned and
    heard from the team representatives of both teams and a representative of the FIA Technical
    Department. The Stewards determined that the protest met all requirements specified in Article 13 of
    the FIA International Sporting Code and is, therefore, admissible.
    The FIA Technical Department representative was directed to seal and impound the relevant parts of
    cars 11 and 18 in preparation for conducting a detailed analysis of those pieces. The representative
    is further directed to provide a detailed report to the Stewards with the findings and to include an
    assessment that matches those findings against the alleged infringements outlined in the protest.
    The representative is authorized in the name of the Stewards to call upon such outside technical
    assistance, including representatives of the following teams
    – Renault DP World F1 Team
    – BWT Racing Point F1 Team
    – Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team
    in the conduct of their assessment.
    Furthermore, the Stewards ordered the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team to provide the front and
    rear brake air ducts of the Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+ used by the Mercedes-AMG
    Petronas F1 Team in the 2019 season to the FIA Technical Department for examination. "
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Stewards request parts from Racing Point and Mercedes following Renault protest: https://www.racefans.net/2020/07/12/...nault-protest/

"... the Stewards summoned and
    heard from the team representatives of both teams and a representative of the FIA Technical
    Department. The Stewards determined that the protest met all requirements specified in Article 13 of
    the FIA International Sporting Code and is, therefore, admissible.
    The FIA Technical Department representative was directed to seal and impound the relevant parts of
    cars 11 and 18 in preparation for conducting a detailed analysis of those pieces. The representative
    is further directed to provide a detailed report to the Stewards with the findings and to include an
    assessment that matches those findings against the alleged infringements outlined in the protest.
    The representative is authorized in the name of the Stewards to call upon such outside technical
    assistance, including representatives of the following teams
    – Renault DP World F1 Team
    – BWT Racing Point F1 Team
    – Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team
    in the conduct of their assessment.
    Furthermore, the Stewards ordered the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team to provide the front and
    rear brake air ducts of the Mercedes-AMG F1 W10 EQ Power+ used by the Mercedes-AMG
    Petronas F1 Team in the 2019 season to the FIA Technical Department for examination. "
    What will the penalty be “if” they are found guilty?
    Sent from my iPhone

Default F1 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Norris my boy!

Well done!
    If you have 3 minutes, watch the following of Norris in his last two laps. This must be really appreciated by all F1 fans. Looks much better in car than on the Telly.

https://youtu.be/np8TpBjKziQ

Any comments?
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/07/12 at 10:00 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

We use laser scanning to scan existing plants. In America national monuments are being scanned.... It is well established technology. Extensively used even in SA. I had the software on my computer. Merc stops at winners slot and you scan it = 3D model to the last mm.

Pictures are an other option. Well known technology.

Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

If you have 3 minutes, watch the following of Norris in his last two laps. This must be really appreciated by all F1 fans. Looks much better in car than on the Telly.

Any comments?
    Like someone said, he'll soon get the nickname Last Lap Lando, at this rate....

That's an awesome perspective to hear the car, and the engineer, the strategy etc.
    That was most enjoyable. Thanks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

Any comments?
    Impressive piece of driving and dare I say management.

Lot of trickery going on in those cars.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    Impressive piece of driving and dare I say management.

Lot of trickery going on in those cars.
    Especially having the concentration at those speeds, then fiddle with the different modes and brake bias. Hats off to the youngster. The rest of the field did not expect him coming for them.It would be interesting seeing the "Norris Blip" on the radar flying past on those two laps.
    Sent from my iPhone

Agree, one’s heart will always be with your team (mine being Ferrari)- and nothing wrong supporting another driver. Here is my list of drivers I am supporting in 2020:

Valtteri Bottas
    Charles Leclerc
    Sebastian Vettel
    Max Verstappen
    Alex Albon
    Carlos Sainz
    Lando Norris
    Daniel Ricciardo
    Esteban Ocon
    Pierre Gasly
    Daniil Kvyat
    Sergio Perez
    Lance Stroll
    Kimi Raikkonen
    Antonio Giovinazzi
    Kevin Magnussen
    Romain Grosjean
    George Russel
    Nicholas Latifi
    What are you intending to celebrate?
    You have a 19:1 chance to be on the wrong side when celebration is due

Sorry couldn't resist specially after the quali 3 yesterday
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    What are you intending to celebrate?
    You have a 19:1 chance to be on the wrong side when celebration is due

Sorry couldn't resist specially after the quali 3 yesterday
    I enjoyed the quali, I give credit where it is due and no one can go against that Hamilton is probably one of the most successful drivers in F1 and that his performance is in a different league. Do I have to "like" him because of that? For me it is more than that, on and off the track.

But: I can support who I want and it doesn't have to be the driver that always win. For other people it will be which driver or team that always wins. Going back on the threads, many Merc fans were not Merc fans prior 2014. They were neither McLaren fans when a particular driver was driving for them.

I was a Rosberg fan from his unsuccessful Williams days from 2006. I then had Vettel added to my support list in 2008 when he joined Torro Rosso.... None were champions at that time. Off the track personality played a part for my decision for which driver I support etc.

Anyway... just my view and I don't care if it is criticised at all. I have very thick skin.
    Sent from my iPhone

I enjoyed the quali, I give credit where it is due and no one can go against that Hamilton is probably one of the most successful drivers in F1 and that his performance is in a different league. Do I have to "like" him because of that? For me it is more than that, on and off the track.

But: I can support who I want and it doesn't have to be the driver that always win. For other people it will be which driver or team that always wins. Going back on the threads, many Merc fans were not Merc fans prior 2014. They were neither McLaren fans when a particular driver was driving for them.

I was a Rosberg fan from his unsuccessful Williams days from 2006. I then had Vettel added to my support list in 2008 when he joined Torro Rosso.... None were champions at that time. Off the track personality played a part for my decision for which driver I support etc.

Anyway... just my view and I don't care if it is criticised at all. I have very thick skin.
    Your thick skin will help, but thanks for the explanation.

It is just to obvious in the listing so I am not entering a debate here.

Omission is just as powerful a statement as any other kind of discrimination.
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

Elaborate...
    Sent from my iPhone

And what might he be discriminating against ... care to tell us?

Any comments?
    I had no idea the engineers were so busy in their ears ... Great clip

Last time I checked this was still a free world, with freedom of choice. If I, or anyone for that matter, chooses not to support a certain person, or persons, based on their actions, I, or for that matter anyone, is allowed to do that. There is also a big difference between being a supporter, and being a discriminator. And then, the same applies for a team, I either support a team, or I don't.

Also, when people didn't support a certain Pablo Montoya, because he was reckless, was that seen as discriminating, or just not supporting an oke because people didn't like him?
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

21. The Following User Says Thank You to lizardalpha For This Useful Post:

[/B]

Elaborate...
    Check PM
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

Baiting... and an absolutely uncalled for post.. Surely he has a choice of who he wants to support or not

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12 37 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast