F1 - 2020 - Page 49

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2020

Default Re: F1 - 2020

Seeing McLaren being a bit competitive was great for me. I have been a McLaren supporter from the first day I started watching F1. And just to top it off, when you go look at the current standings we are in 2nd place. I know we are still a ways off, but hopefully getting there.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizardalpha For This Useful Post:

I noted the following drivers not kneeling. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/05/m...ntl/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Sadly I think the season will not be so exciting, well not upfront. If Merc sorts the sensor issue, they will be packing up the pit boxes while the others are still circulating.

Might see some good racing in the pack though.

One thing that was evident this weekend, is that George Russel is a prospect for the future, he once again was miles ahead of his team mate in a kuk car. I always thought it was Kubica that was slow, but he thumped Latifi this weekend (while he was still in the race)

Yes it was Latifi's first race, but I doubt he will come close to Russel this season. That guy needs maybe the Mclaren seat for next year ....

And racing point? Out of nowhere.
    I was about to post the same thing yesterday about Latifi. I thought that it wasn't worth it. But one must be reminded that the only reason why Latifi was given the Williams steering wheel instead of Aitken was because of the investment that Latifi's father would (eventually did) make into Williams. Latifi to me is just another Stroll scenario. But one needs to give credit for Stroll for upping his came over the last season or so.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    I noted the following drivers not kneeling. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/05/m...ntl/index.html
    Excellent! Well done to them for not bowing to a marxist communist movement and not being bullied by this little p..ck!! Go read this and the decide if you support this whole charade...
    https://www.acton.org/publications/t...matter-believe
    Last edited by Sias; 2020/07/06 at 10:08 AM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sias For This Useful Post:

This made the car moving towards the outer part of the track as the car has the ability to make a tighter turn (if the steering wheel angle increased to say 120 degrees)
    no no no no no..... actually, any more steering angle to the right, will actually make the car go to left ....believe it or not...

Its called understeer.

Remember, when you’re taking a corner as fast as possible, it’s taken with steering wheel at the “critical angle”. So any more , or less, input would result in less “steer”

There was nothing he could have done.

Had he braked at that moment? Well the same critical angle of wheel input, would result in understeer.

Only option would have been to anticipate the maneuver, brake earlier, and just let him pass. And then he may as well stay at home and become an armchair expert like us

Albon on the other hand, had some options. Looking at the footage, in prior laps, in the same place, he went way further to the outside of the corner.
    During the pass, he was looking to squeeze Ham. Which was a bit silly being on the outside...

Other option was to be a bit more mature, and bide his time, and give a few “looks” at overtaking first, before committing. I strongly suspect that’s what the better overtakers in the business would have done...He still had the time and rubber to do it...

He seriously could have had his first win, never mind podium!

Stewards dont have access to telemetry regarding steering angles as such. They just have a vast array of video footage (during the race).

I think they made the wrong call not to investigate after the race...
    People are far more prone to error under time pressure.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sias View Post
    Excellent! Well done to them for not bowing to a marxist communist movement and not being bullied by this little p..ck!! Go read this and the decide if you support this whole charade...
    Well, if you want to believe what a reverend is fantasizing, combining religious beliefs with socio political philosophy, then you are well versed to read the whole story.

A combination of religious beliefs and political philosophy as ground principles has often failed as an anchor of successful governance.

Putting more to BLM than an outcry to stop racism is a bit far fetched, so take the above article with a spade of salt
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Well, if you want to believe what a reverend is fantasizing, combining religious beliefs with socio political philosophy, then you are well versed to read the whole story.

A combination of religious beliefs and political philosophy as ground principles has often failed as an anchor of successful governance.

Putting more to BLM than an outcry to stop racism is a bit far fetched, so take the above article with a spade of salt
    Why did you answer?, and why does Rebel keeping making this thread about politics?
    Last edited by Hedgehog; 2020/07/06 at 10:39 AM.

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    no no no no no..... actually, any more steering angle to the right, will actually make the car go to left ....believe it or not...

Its called understeer.

Remember, when you’re taking a corner as fast as possible, it’s taken with steering wheel at the “critical angle”. So any more , or less, input would result in less “steer”

Had he braked at that moment? Well the same critical angle of wheel input, would result in understeer.

Only option would have been to anticipate the maneuver, brake earlier, and just let him pass. And then he may as well stay at home and become an armchair expert like us

Albon on the other hand, had some options. Looking at the footage, in prior laps, in the same place, he went way further to the outside of the corner.
    During the pass, he was looking to squeeze Ham. Which was a bit silly being on the outside...

Other option was to be a bit more mature, and bide his time, and give a few “looks” at overtaking first, before committing. I strongly suspect that’s what the better overtakers in the business would have done...He still had the time and rubber to do it...

Stewards dont have access to telemetry regarding steering angles as such. They just have a vast array of video footage (during the race).

I can agree with this especially the understeer aspect at the limit of traction in a tight corner. If in this situation you intend to close the steering further, the front will lose traction and understeer, same effect with a sudden increase of brake force, the car goes straight.
    Not many options for LH at this stage unless he would have braked earlier and give up his position without defending by clearing the racing line.
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalahari Safari For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post

Some more: Nevermind -
    Last edited by Sias; 2020/07/06 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    Why did you answer?, and why does Rebel keeping making this thread about politics?
    I don't see a problem with my post. It is F1 related and zero politics.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/07/06 at 10:54 AM.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    You are right, indeed. Shouldn't have bothered.
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

Some more: Nevermind -
    Never mind

(Thanks for editing the post then)
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

Wonder how long this will last. Will they kneel before each race?

I have been following F1 for 36 years. I will no longer invest any time in F1 political stuff.

I am keen to see what happens on the track next week. This past weekend was a bit of a car breaker.
    Find the solutions, not the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JBX View Post
    I have been following F1 for 36 years. I will no longer invest any time in F1 political stuff.

I am keen to see what happens on the track next week. This past weekend was a bit of a car breaker.
    Maybe some of the drivers had some issues with re-adapting to real racing away from SIM or play stations.

I had the feeling the [ESC] button was missing in some actions
    Kalahari Safari
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalahari Safari For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Sky F1 showed a clip where you could see the wheel nut fall off on one of the straights, this is not something that should be able to happen as the nut is incorporated into the rim so clearly there was some failure as the wheel seemed to go on fine and torqued to spec.
    Tried to get it (SKY clip), but no success - do you perhaps have a link you can post here, thanks?

The non-kneeling drivers stated that they agree with the sentiment of anti/no racism. The reason for not kneeling was that they feel F1 is not a political/whatever forum advertise "political" sentiments.
    "ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1959 SII 88"
    196? S2B FC "Over Lander" Camper
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    2002 Defender Td5 D/C
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

Quote Originally Posted by HannesS View Post
    Wonder how long this will last. Will they kneel before each race?
    I think it was just for the 1st race.
    Sent from my iPhone

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post

Its called understeer.

With all respect you are talking nonsense. Stewards have full access to the team telemetry including steering angle, throttle input etc.
    At the point of contact both drivers were on the throttle, all Lewis had to do was feather the throttle and the car would automatically tighten in the corner and he would not have made contact, he had the option to avoid contact but did not take it. Albon had already made the pass and had every right to expect Lewis would give him the space he needed.

Going into the corner Lewis chose the inside line and knew Albon was on his outside, he also knew that on the exit they would most likely be going side by side forcing him to take a narrower line. He chose to take a compromised line into the corner to defend and as such he was obliged to pick a speed that would allow him to leave Albon space - you cant have it both ways. By mid corner Albon was ahead and Lewis had lost the position. But he did not give up and steered under acceleration into Albon - thus Lewis's fault.

Go have a look at the Leclec/Sainz pass, Sainz knew the game was up mid corner and adjusted his line to give Leclerc space.
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape

2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    With all respect you are talking nonsense. Stewards have full access to the team telemetry including steering angle, throttle input etc.
    At the point of contact both drivers were on the throttle, all Lewis had to do was feather the throttle and the car would automatically tighten in the corner and he would not have made contact, he had the option to avoid contact but did not take it. Albon had already made the pass and had every right to expect Lewis would give him the space he needed.

Going into the corner Lewis chose the inside line and knew Albon was on his outside, he also knew that on the exit they would most likely be going side by side forcing him to take a narrower line. He chose to take a compromised line into the corner to defend and as such he was obliged to pick a speed that would allow him to leave Albon space - you cant have it both ways. By mid corner Albon was ahead and Lewis had lost the position. But he did not give up and steered under acceleration into Albon - thus Lewis's fault.

Go have a look at the Leclec/Sainz pass, Sainz knew the game was up mid corner and adjusted his line to give Leclerc space.
    Correct, all the data is available. I stated the same earlier.

Here you can see how far advance Albon was. The idea from Hamilton was to "force" (the word sounds so harsh in writing) Albon off the track so that he would run off into the gravel. But Hamilton's wheel clipped Albon and he spun off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sent from my iPhone

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast