F1 - 2020 - Page 32

Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2020

Default Re: F1 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Toto Wolff Stepping Down as Team Principal of Mercedes F1: https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...es-f1-reports/

"As unbelievable as it sounds, the Austrian is allegedly expected to give up his role as team boss at the Brackley outfit. According to Motorsport-total.com, Wolff will announce his resignation before the start of the season. However, he may continue as a team principal in 2020. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Renault remains committed to F1 despite exit rumours: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...e-exit-rumours
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    It is to join Aston Martin (Lawrence Stroll)
    Well, it is what it is - rumours

..until official confirmation comes through.

At least it keeps us alive when we are starved by the empty race track and with time at hand when we should be glued to the screen.

The same rumours also with the driver's seats milling around Alonso's return, Bottas' interests in Renault and a teaming of LH and SV.
    My point in this would be the motivation to start a season knowing you are changing to the competition next year.

The interesting part in the lot is what would pan out with Aston Martin (as part of the Daimler concern and mother outfit to AMG). Their driver line-up would have to be changing as well as Checco (Perez) and Stroll (junior) would not fit an intended championship contending team.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:

https://thejudge13.com/2020/05/28/br...-on-f1-future/

"A breaking news story from Germany, F1-Insider and Motorsport Total are claiming that Mercedes AMG Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff will be likely to step down, and the board of Mercedes are deciding on the team’s future in F1. ...

According to Ralph Bach of F1-Insider, Toto Wolff will resign from his operational role at the head of the factory team after the end of his contract and switch to the team’s supervisory board.

And it is not yet clear who will become his successor. Wolff had already indicated that he was thinking about his role in the team: “It’s not just a question of whether I am now extending my contract as team leader, but what we are going to do with this joint company.” says Wolff....

What would happen to Stroll’s Formula 1 team Racing Point (from 2021 as Aston Martin) remains unclear. It is quite possible that it will be used as a B team. A merger with the ex-Mercedes factory team or a sale are also conceivable. according to Bach of F1-Insider. "

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1266050440548007941

Last edited by Orxy; 2020/05/29 at 12:31 PM.
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

F1 gets green light to start season with Austrian GP double-header

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/motor...rix/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    F1 gets green light to start season with Austrian GP double-header

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/motor...rix/index.html
    Here comes a double for Max.......

Round Race Venue Date
    Round 1 Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis von Osterreich The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 3-5
    Round 2 Formula 1 Pirelli Grosser Preis der Steiermark The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 10-12
    Round 3 Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydij The Hungaroring, Hungary July 17-19
    Round 4 Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix Silverstone, UK July 31 - August 2
    Round 5 Emirates 70th Anniversary Grand Prix Silverstone, UK August 7-9
    Round 6 Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio de Espana Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain August 14-16
    Round 7 Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium August 28-30
    Round 8 Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'Italia Monza, Italy September 4-6
    Last edited by MarcoP; 2020/06/02 at 11:16 AM.
    05 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.2 Did GLX

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoP View Post
    Round Race Venue &nbspate
    Round 1 Formula 1 Rolex Grosser Preis von Osterreich The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 3-5
    Round 2 Formula 1 Pirelli Grosser Preis der Steiermark The Red Bull Ring, Austria July 10-12
    Round 3 Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydij The Hungaroring, Hungary July 17-19
    Round 4 Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix Silverstone, UK July 31 - August 2
    Round 5 Emirates 70th Anniversary Grand Prix Silverstone, UK August 7-9
    Round 6 Formula 1 Aramco Gran Premio de Espana Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain August 14-16
    Round 7 Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium August 28-30
    Round 8 Formula 1 Gran Premio Heineken d'Italia Monza, Italy September 4-6
    So, we are just over a month away from hearing "And it's Lights Out! Hamilton, Verstappen and Leclerc had great starts..."
    I for one cannot wait for that day. Some semblance of normality, the sound of those engines and reigniting the conversations on this thread
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Colt 2.4 DC 4x2 - Sold

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    So, we are just over a month away from hearing "And it's Lights Out! Hamilton, Verstappen and Leclerc had great starts..."
    I for one cannot wait for that day. Some semblance of normality, the sound of those engines and reigniting the conversations on this thread
    Oh i agree, cant wait. And there might still be another 8-10 more races to be announced.
    05 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.2 Did GLX

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoP View Post
    Oh i agree, cant wait. And there might still be another 8-10 more races to be announced.
    As long as we have a start to the season, the rest of the calendar will follow. There are millions of supporters itching for some on track action

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46s3bu0ysg251.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	574096

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:

Latifi ‘in pole position’ to buy Williams F1 team: https://www.planetf1.com/news/michae...iams-takeover/

"... Williams, though, could already have a buyer waiting in the wings in new driver Nicholas Latifi’s father, Michael.

The elder Latifi, through his Latrus Racing company, has already played a role in Williams’ survival, helping the team refinance a loan earlier this year. Another company of his, Sofina Foods, also sponsors the team.

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Latifi is ‘in pole position’ to buy Williams. The Italian publication claims he is ready to put down 135 million euros as he feels Williams is a good investment and should remain on the grid. That it would pretty much guarantee his son, Nicholas, a job for as long as he wants is just a bonus.

Should Latifi and Williams fail to agree terms, Russian billionaire Dmitry Mazepin is reportedly also interested in the team. Mazepin, whose son Nikita races in Formula 2, tried to buy Force India back in 2018 but lost out to Lawrence Stroll and his Canadian consortium.

With Formula 1 introducing a budget cap next season, the hope is that teams such as Williams will have a fighting chance in future seasons.

The team, which has nine Constructors’ Championships and seven Drivers’ titles, last won a grand prix in 2012 with Pastor Maldonado taking the chequered flag at the Spanish GP."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/baku-singapore-japan-cancelled/

"Formula 1 will not be heading to Azerbaijan, Singapore or Japan with the former expected to confirm the news in the coming days.

Formula 1’s bosses are currently trying to set out an extended race calendar having already confirmed an eight-race European schedule.

It, however, is proving to be rather difficult.

Previously F1 chief Chase Carey had stated that he is hoping for a 15 to 18-race season but that seems ever more unlikely.

According to Gazzetto dello Sport journalist Andrea Cremonesi, at least three more venues are set to announce their grands prix are on the cancelled list, not just postponed.

He told Formula Passion: “Baku will raise the white flag and in the next few days (if not hours) the cancellation will be announced.

“The same is true of Singapore and Japan, the home of Honda having already had to postpone the Olympics to 2021. ..."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sias View Post
    - Deleted -
    it's a little harsh there Sias.
    The calendar and race locations are slightly more intricate than that. It is also hard to believe that a driver (yes, he is a 6 times WC and poster child for the FIA) will be able to influence the management team to his whim in a way you describe (if it is his agenda which I doubt it is).
    Please, lets leave "race" out of this as this is one of the very few threads that is free of it?

24 days to go, before it is "lights out!"
    Last edited by Family_Dog; 2020/06/11 at 06:27 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

And then it is pumper to bumper on the calendar.
    It has been a long wait, but it is going to by hectic when it gets going

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

And then it is pumper to bumper on the calendar.
    It has been a long wait, but it is going to by hectic when it gets going
    seriously excited about the start of the 2020 season. Now everyone will know what I am going to do on Sundays

it's a little harsh there Sias.
    The calendar and race locations are slightly more intricate than that. It is also hard to believe that a driver (yes, he is a 6 times WC and poster child for the FIA) will be able to influence the management team to his whim in a way you describe (if it is his agenda which I doubt it is).
    Please, lets leave "race" out of this as this is one of the very few threads that is free of it?

24 days to go, before it is "lights out!"
    Well said Jacques. This is a sporting section (in particular F1)

Lets keep it like that and keeping the thread clean will be my wish.
    Sent from my iPhone

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Now for the big question:
    What has been going on in the backrooms of the F1 factories during lockdown?
    A simple summer break last year transformed the Ferrari into an unbeatable beast. Sure, the fangs had to be pulled later in the season and the phrase "illegal" was heard more often than "hammer time". But, the fact remains a team did produce a winning formula when they had a bit of spare time on their hands. And remember the factories are forced to close down for the summer break.
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2020/06/12 at 08:10 AM.

Now for the big question:
    What has been going on in the backrooms of the F1 factories during lockdown?
    A simple summer break last year transformed the Ferrari into an unbeatable beast. Sure, the fangs had to be pulled later in the season and the phrase "illegal" was heard more often than "hammer time". But, the fact remains a team did produce a winning formula when they had a bit of spare time on their hands. And remember the factories are forced to close down for the summer break.
    The same goes for all the other teams on the grid Roelf. I think a lot has been happening "offline" wrt fine tuning the engines, relooking at aero packages, developing strategies etc. They have all the telemetry and can remodel and forecast improved performances on that basis I am sure. I personally feel the testing that took place in Feb can be written off. All the cars will be different than what we saw at testing. I just hope that all the teams took the time and used it properly to "up the game" and create more spectacular racing.

As for everyone punting Max for the Red Bull ring victories, sure, that may be a forgone conclusion, but, last year Merc had to drive slower due to heat issues which they apparently have resolved so they may be a big contender this year.
    Ferrari, well, as a non Ferrari supporter, I have learnt that you never, ever, disregard them as they have the tendency to jump back when you least expect it (such as the middle of last year). With Charles at the helm and now Seb reinvigorated before his exit, I think the top 3 teams are going to create massive competition and excitement.

I will be happy if any team wins, as long as it is a Silver Arrow

"23 slapies" and we are off

The same goes for all the other teams on the grid Roelf. I think a lot has been happening "offline" wrt fine tuning the engines, relooking at aero packages, developing strategies etc. They have all the telemetry and can remodel and forecast improved performances on that basis I am sure. I personally feel the testing that took place in Feb can be written off. All the cars will be different than what we saw at testing. I just hope that all the teams took the time and used it properly to "up the game" and create more spectacular racing.

As for everyone punting Max for the Red Bull ring victories, sure, that may be a forgone conclusion, but, last year Merc had to drive slower due to heat issues which they apparently have resolved so they may be a big contender this year.
    Ferrari, well, as a non Ferrari supporter, I have learnt that you never, ever, disregard them as they have the tendency to jump back when you least expect it (such as the middle of last year). With Charles at the helm and now Seb reinvigorated before his exit, I think the top 3 teams are going to create massive competition and excitement.

I will be happy if any team wins, as long as it is a Silver Arrow

"23 slapies" and we are off
    Unfortunately due to COVID-19, ALL teams were fully locked down. Some of the teams were involved in Project Pit-Lane, which is an initiative to manufacture parts/or complete CPAP/Ventilator systems. Their factories were utilized to produce these parts and zero work on the vehicles were allowed. A week or so ago teams were allowed to re-open their factories to develop their cars further. We've seen Merc testing at Silverstone and Racing Point, soon. Ferrari and others to follow suit.

I don't think there will be major differences from what we've seen in February testing, but even that is something one can't use as a measuring stick for the season.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/06/12 at 12:02 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

fml...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103676690_10156867445757191_4093602706886296435_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	575415
    Last edited by Orxy; 2020/06/12 at 12:58 PM.

Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast