F1 - 2020 - Page 47

Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 22 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 72 97 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2020

Default Re: F1 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by willben View Post
    F1TV not up to scratch, I could only manage to connect just as they lined up for the start. Had intermittent ultra low video quality but then each time after about 5 or so seconds it would jump straight back to full HD. I couldn't log in to watch FP2, the website kept giving me error messages or got stuck refreshing.

In terms of the race.

Vettel, Ai Ai Ai.

Hamilton vs Albon - I hope the stewards remain consistent. Hamilton had full lock when he hit Albon so perhaps 5 seconds is deserved. Time will tell, if I see a meatball flag again...

LANDO!!! LEGEND.

Ferrari good race pace towards the end, but was it because the Mercs were holding back?

Exciting racing behind the Mercs up to the end, what a pity that Sky didn't show more of it.

Next week same track, if Merc don't sort their issues out then they won't be on the podium.

Styria here we come!
    What issues?
    FJC - Just Cruising

Default F1 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    So the possible issue with the weight of his car might be why he was instructed over the radio to "pick up as much rubber as possible"?
    Ah yes - you heard it too? This is what I was assuming, as to increase the weight of the whole entity. Apparently one can pick up 2kg to 6kg just on those marbles (old discarded rubbers)
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/07/05 at 05:20 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    What issues?
    Gearbox seems to be a bit fragile, looks like the curbs were causing more vibrations than it could handle.
    Regards,

William

4x4 'Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Walker
    “I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    I know it was not a speed issue as the pic quality remained the same with phone and PC on the same router. Would the cache not have caused the PC streaming to be bad from the start? The picture was very clear even just using 720p instead of 1080p.

The logos/legend on DSTV was still sharp but not the video portion.
    Ja, it is a head scratching thing. Try looking under the FAQ section of F1 TV Pro. Maybe something pops up that you can use there. Here at the EC coast I was fine.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by willben View Post
    Gearbox seems to be a bit fragile, looks like the curbs were causing more vibrations than it could handle.
    I’ve listened to some of the messages. It sounds like gearbox sensors... I reckon then it can be fixed during the course of the week.
    Sent from my iPhone

lots of people all over the world were having issues with F1TV, it seems their servers just could not cope with the load.

See the issues here: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1TV/
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:

Sjoe! Ouens. Relax

Dis nie wie wat het nie, dis wie wen.
    '07 Land Rover Defender 110 TDI 300 Kalahari (Meisiekind˛)
    '84 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 4-speed Hardtop (Meisiekind) Sold after 12 years of fun and hard work.
    The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

The crowed was quiet today....
    Sent from my iPhone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    lots of people all over the world were having issues with F1TV, it seems their servers just could not cope with the load.

See the issues here: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1TV/
    Lol
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    So the possible issue with the weight of his car might be why he was instructed over the radio to "pick up as much rubber as possible"?
    That Pick up rubber is standard reminder to many drivers. I did see that Bottas did not get a lot of rubber. Too cold tires?

Alfa may get a team penalty because of that Kimi's loss of the whole wheel. It should not happen. There is a cable/tether and that did not work.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jouko For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    That Pick up rubber is standard reminder to many drivers. I did see that Bottas did not get a lot of rubber. Too cold tires?

Alfa may get a team penalty because of that Kimi's loss of the whole wheel. It should not happen. There is a cable/tether and that did not work.
    cable runs through the uprights holds the hub on, does not work when the wheel nut comes loose, something that should also not happen as the nuts should have a retainer mechanism. Clearly something went wrong in the pitstop
    Anton Muller

Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape

2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    I did not catch the extra evidence for Lewis after it was stated there were green lights with the yellow flag.

Let's just enjoy the race!!!!
    It was now revealed in “The Notebook”, that every car has a 360 degree camera mounted on the front of the car. This camera is not linked to F1 cameras, so they had to obtain it by means of another method.

When they received the data from the car, they then took this to the FIA to prove that the yellow lights were flashing indeed. They also showed the footage on “The Notebook”.

It seems like Hamilton’s eyes did peek at the yellow flashing board - lol

That is why the FIA handed him the grid penalty.
    Sent from my iPhone

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

What a rave. Im ot a Hamilton fan but I feel his penalty was not fair. His onboard showed his hands statio ary at the racing line angle, and in complete predictable control of the car. Alex misjudged, but took the gap. He was racing. They came together. It happens. It's racing. It should have been a racing event.

I feel for Alex though. I wanted him to pull it off.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:

My F1TV refused to broadcast the race, after showing the Porsche Cup perfectly up to minutes before the race. I then reverted to internet browser on my firestick via vpn and it worked perfectly. I can't help but to suspect sabotage..

Interesting start to a great season!

Ja wys jou net, karre staan breek nę! Hulle moet gery word!

Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8
    Alfa MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - she's a beauty!
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar (sold )
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepiscool View Post
    My F1TV refused to broadcast the race, after showing the Porsche Cup perfectly up to minutes before the race. I then reverted to internet browser on my firestick via vpn and it worked perfectly. I can't help but to suspect sabotage..

Interesting start to a great season!

Ja wys jou net, karre staan breek nę! Hulle moet gery word!
    Sabotage, Multichoice? - lol

Indeed a great race, they should out the curbs back that they took off to protect the car wings, and drive the entire season in Austria.
    Sent from my iPhone

LH was very fortunate with the penalty received for the Albon insident!!He should have received a penalty that place him behind AlbonFair??

Three different engines on poduim!!

The Maclaren(Renault) consistantly outperform supplier!!

Wonder if they will receive the same engine as MB factory(next year)?
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

I love DSTV.

2 great NZ Super Rugby games this weekend, F1 transmission was flawless and HBO streaming the Sopranos.

Not sure why anyone would complain?

Interesting comments by the MB boss before the race about costs, as well as carbon neutrality.
    My name is Rainier and I drive a Jeep.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoFrans View Post
    LH was very fortunate with the penalty received for the Albon insident!!He should have received a penalty that place him behind AlbonFair??

Three different engines on poduim!!

The Maclaren(Renault) consistantly outperform supplier!!

Wonder if they will receive the same engine as MB factory(next year)?
    I believe it will be the same Merc engine.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    What a rave. Im ot a Hamilton fan but I feel his penalty was not fair. His onboard showed his hands statio ary at the racing line angle, and in complete predictable control of the car. Alex misjudged, but took the gap. He was racing. They came together. It happens. It's racing. It should have been a racing event.

I feel for Alex though. I wanted him to pull it off.
    Correct, his hands were stationary with the steering wheel angling 90 degrees. This made the car moving towards the outer part of the track as the car has the ability to make a tighter turn (if the steering wheel angle increased to say 120 degrees). According to the rules, with fair racing you need to leave a car’s width to avoid the “bumper car” effect that lets the opposition spinning.

The stewards looked at the data, indicating he can turn the steering wheel further to make a tighter turn. I think the Stewards look at the “result” (meaning if the other party spun off or could be able to continue) before taking further action.

A good example is the Perez/Norris incident. Nothing was done at that bump (also last year between Max and Charles) as no one spun off. If one party would have spun off, I think it would be a different story.

This is just my version of understanding.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Correct, his hands were stationary with the steering wheel angling 90 degrees. This made the car moving towards the outer part of the track as the car has the ability to make a tighter turn (if the steering wheel angle increased to say 120 degrees). According to the rules, with fair racing you need to leave a car’s width to avoid the “bumper car” effect that lets the opposition spinning.

The stewards looked at the data, indicating he can turn the steering wheel further to make a tighter turn. I think the Stewards look at the “result” (meaning if the other party spun off or could be able to continue) before taking further action.

A good example is the Perez/Norris incident. Nothing was done at that bump (also last year between Max and Charles) as no one spun off. If one party would have spun off, I think it would be a different story.

This is just my version of understanding.
    Im not a rule fundi but I think a driver under control of his car is allowed to continue on the racing line.

Page 47 of 117 FirstFirst ... 22 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 72 97 ... LastLast