Car rental

Thread: Car rental

Default Car rental

Hello, planning a tour through Tanzania an got a offer from roadtrip Tanzania now....seems they be the only wich do one way rentals, pick up arusha, drop in daressalam. Anybody has experience with that company?
    Thanx for your help!
    Kerstin

Default Re: Car rental

I have not used them in Tanzania. Only in Kenya and they were fully professional. Others in this forum have used them more than once in Kenya and Uganda and also Tanzania.
    Hope this helps.

AP
    Last edited by apfac; 2019/11/13 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apfac View Post
    I have not used them in Tanzania. Only in Kenya and they were fully professional. Others in this forum have used them more than once in Kenya and Uganda and also Tanzania.
    Hope this helps.

AP
    👍👍👍👍 thank you!

As apfac said, we have used Roadtrip Africa vehicles twice in Kenya and twice in Uganda. And have always been satisfied with the vehicle. Have also been in contact with their Tanzanian branch twice, but never actually rented from them - once their lancruisers were fully booked half year in advance (for an August trip), the other time I changed my plans and canceled our TZ trip.

In Tanzania, we rented from Tanzania Pioneers, but they are one of those Arusha based companies that don't offer one way rentals - both pick up and drop off must be in Arusha.

Saying that I was always satisfied with Roadtrip vehicles, I must warn you: if you are used to Southern African rentals, don't expect too much regarding vehicle and camping equipment with rentals in East Africa. Roadtrip Tanzania LC's will probably come without a working air conditioning, side windows won't be electrically operated. They don't have dual battery system, so you'll be able to run your fridge (if you rent one from them) only when car engine will be running. Cooking equipment is adequate, but very basic. But as long as you make peace with such shortcomings, their cars are very good deal considering what is available, particularly for that price.
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by ortelius View Post
    As apfac said, we have used Roadtrip Africa vehicles twice in Kenya and twice in Uganda. And have always been satisfied with the vehicle. Have also been in contact with their Tanzanian branch twice, but never actually rented from them - once their lancruisers were fully booked half year in advance (for an August trip), the other time I changed my plans and canceled our TZ trip.

In Tanzania, we rented from Tanzania Pioneers, but they are one of those Arusha based companies that don't offer one way rentals - both pick up and drop off must be in Arusha.

Saying that I was always satisfied with Roadtrip vehicles, I must warn you: if you are used to Southern African rentals, don't expect too much regarding vehicle and camping equipment with rentals in East Africa. Roadtrip Tanzania LC's will probably come without a working air conditioning, side windows won't be electrically operated. They don't have dual battery system, so you'll be able to run your fridge (if you rent one from them) only when car engine will be running. Cooking equipment is adequate, but very basic. But as long as you make peace with such shortcomings, their cars are very good deal considering what is available, particularly for that price.
    Thank you very much! Do you maybe also know arudha car rentals? They also made a offer but have a very strange website....

Quote Originally Posted by nightshift View Post
    Thank you very much! Do you maybe also know arudha car rentals? They also made a offer but have a very strange website....
    Nope, sorry, never heard of them.
    24 hours in a day.... 24 beer in a case.... Coincidence?
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog: Our African Ramblings (https://safaribug.wordpress.com/)

Although, in a totally different price league, try https://shawsafaris.co.tz . I have rented from them in Tanzania ( pick up and drop off in USA River/ Arusha) and do not know if they drop / collect the car from elsewhere. The car was totally reliable, full serviced and as Ortelius has said, within the same standards of what you can find in Southern Africa.
    Last edited by apfac; 2019/11/14 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apfac View Post
    Although, in a totally different price league, try https://shawsafaris.co.tz . I have rented from them in Tanzania ( pick up and drop off in USA River/ Arusha) and do not know if they drop / collect the car from elsewhere. The car was totally reliable, full serviced and as Ortelius has said, within the same standards of what you can find in Southern Africa.
    Thanx! But 300 dollars times 28 days....just cant afford 😥😥😥

Quote Originally Posted by nightshift View Post
    Thanx! But 300 dollars times 28 days....just cant afford 😥😥😥

Well, way up!!!