Snomasters third time attempting to repair freezer fridge

Default Snomasters third time attempting to repair freezer fridge

Last year on my first long trip one of my Snomaster fridge freezers which was only just over a year old went faulty. it stopped working for no apparent reason. It was sent to the manufacturer who sent it back to me said that there was nothing wrong but the cutout voltage was incorrectly . set. When testing against my other freezer it was found to be working very inefficiently which would have depleted the battery it was running on in a short time. It was sent back to the manufacturer who again sent it back to me without any explanation. I used it once for two days and it appeared to work correctly. Last month during a trip to Botswana it again started playing up by freezing the compartment that was set to plus 4 degrees and not cooling the freezing compartment which was set to minus 10 degrees. I had to turn it off for about 15 minutes and then turn it on again whereupon it would work correctly for a day or two before again malfunctioning. It should be noted that it battled to maintain this minus 10 degrees whereas my other freezer in my car that was set to minus 15 degrees functioned perfectly On my return home after cleaning my camping trailer I turned the freezer on again to check that everything is OK only to find that it only cools the one compartment. It is now the third time that it has been sent to the manufacturer and it appears as though they again want to try and repair it. I personally do not want that unit back as it has dropped me twice when I am in remote places and have no trust in it. Any advice on how to deal with the situation will be appreciated.

Default Re: Snomasters third time attempting to repair freezer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by desdrake View Post
    I personally do not want that unit back as it has dropped me twice when I am in remote places and have no trust in it. Any advice on how to deal with the situation will be appreciated.
    Maybe take it to an independent fridge repair shop, to advice on the fault or to fix it.

Had similar issues with the same make, so I dont have it anymore.
    Last edited by JLK; 2019/11/08 at 06:53 PM.
    Johan Kriel

Default Re: Snomasters third time attempting to repair freezer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by desdrake View Post
    Last year on my first long trip one of my Snomaster fridge freezers which was only just over a year old went faulty. it stopped working for no apparent reason. It was sent to the manufacturer who sent it back to me said that there was nothing wrong but the cutout voltage was incorrectly . set. When testing against my other freezer it was found to be working very inefficiently which would have depleted the battery it was running on in a short time. It was sent back to the manufacturer who again sent it back to me without any explanation. I used it once for two days and it appeared to work correctly. Last month during a trip to Botswana it again started playing up by freezing the compartment that was set to plus 4 degrees and not cooling the freezing compartment which was set to minus 10 degrees. I had to turn it off for about 15 minutes and then turn it on again whereupon it would work correctly for a day or two before again malfunctioning. It should be noted that it battled to maintain this minus 10 degrees whereas my other freezer in my car that was set to minus 15 degrees functioned perfectly On my return home after cleaning my camping trailer I turned the freezer on again to check that everything is OK only to find that it only cools the one compartment. It is now the third time that it has been sent to the manufacturer and it appears as though they again want to try and repair it. I personally do not want that unit back as it has dropped me twice when I am in remote places and have no trust in it. Any advice on how to deal with the situation will be appreciated.
    Speak to the guys at Snomaster directly. Ask for Pierre.
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!