Discovery 3 Looking for a D3 V8 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Looking for a D3 V8

Quote Originally Posted by douglash View Post
    What is 'top notch' in objective terms?

And what are you planning to do with it? Overlander, offroader, mallcrawler?

The one D3 V8 I missed out on was what I'm basing "top notch" on. It had 134000km on it, full service history at LR, new air suspension pump, new water pump, all mechanical niggles taken care of as they arose but also the interior was in great nick: no cracks in the dash or lifting on the top of the steering wheel (it was normally parked out of the sun and previous owner has used a dash cover). Electric parking brake was working. Basically you could see the owner had really cared for the car and it didn't have the usual D3 signs of age (dash cracks etc).

I'd be using it as a bit of an all rounder. I'm trying to "consolidate" vehicles at the moment. Have recently sold my Defender 110 300tdi and a Disco 1 300tdi. My current car is a 2015 Fiesta ST. ST has become a bit small and the frequency of trips to the bush has increased. So just want one car that can do the couple of kms to work in the morning but hit the road to the bush come Friday afternoon and be capable of dealing with everything between here and there. Definitely going to fit the long range tank and rear bumper mounted spare wheel bracket though. Maybe some rock sliders too...
    Vehicles:
    1994 Defender 110 300tdi
    1996 Discovery Series 1 V8i

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLikesToDisco View Post
    The one D3 V8 I missed out on was what I'm basing "top notch" on. It had 134000km on it, full service history at LR, new air suspension pump, new water pump, all mechanical niggles taken care of as they arose but also the interior was in great nick: no cracks in the dash or lifting on the top of the steering wheel (it was normally parked out of the sun and previous owner has used a dash cover). Electric parking brake was working. Basically you could see the owner had really cared for the car and it didn't have the usual D3 signs of age (dash cracks etc).

I'd be using it as a bit of an all rounder. I'm trying to "consolidate" vehicles at the moment. Have recently sold my Defender 110 300tdi and a Disco 1 300tdi. My current car is a 2015 Fiesta ST. ST has become a bit small and the frequency of trips to the bush has increased. So just want one car that can do the couple of kms to work in the morning but hit the road to the bush come Friday afternoon and be capable of dealing with everything between here and there. Definitely going to fit the long range tank and rear bumper mounted spare wheel bracket though. Maybe some rock sliders too...
    Sounds a bit like my D4 on 203k km..
    2010 LR Discovery 4 V8 HSE - Lifted with IIDtool, Powered by Petrol and Running on Cooper AT3 LT (new spec) 265/65/18s [Imvubu]
    2004 LR Discovery 2 Td5 GS - mods in thread en route. (Ingwe)

I can't help the OP but I would like to add this ..
    The national average kilometres per annum for sedans and ldv's as per Wesbank & Stannic fleet management/private ownership data is just over 18,000km. I got these figures about 6 years ago .. with the price of fuel having gone up somewhat in the last 6 years I would hazard a guess that the average km/yr has come down slightly.
    Last edited by Oreo; 2019/11/07 at 07:51 PM.
    VW Amarok V6 4Motion Highline Plus
    Defender 130 HCPU TD5
    SOLD - D4 SDV6 HSE

Cool Re: Looking for a D3 V8

I have a 2005 D3 V8 with a genuine 135K on it I only use it for holidays and long trips and do just under 10k a year

The park brake has been "disconnected" and the dash has cracked
    8) Disco III V8 8)

Everybody should own a V8 at least once in his life

and I've done it twice now

Quote Originally Posted by Car6850 View Post
    I have a 2005 D3 V8 with a genuine 135K on it I only use it for holidays and long trips and do just under 10k a year

The park brake has been "disconnected" and the dash has cracked
    OK OKKKAYYY.. I take back my calculations

Not selling, my 2005 V8 sits on 174 000km. Only use it for holidays and the odd weekend we go away. You will find a decent V8 with lowish milage

2005 D3 V8 HSE
    2004 Discovery Td5 ES

Plenty camping gear

Quote Originally Posted by Maljan View Post
    Not selling, my 2005 V8 sits on 174 000km. Only use it for holidays and the odd weekend we go away. You will find a decent V8 with lowish milage
    OK. So it's now obvious that the D3/D4 serves best as a second car for weekend and occasional holiday, not for daily duty

Mine:
    2009 D3 V8 SE
    Mileage 126,000km
    Weekend an holiday vehicle
    Full service history
    1yr 8 Month balance of innovation warranty
    All that had to be done has been done
    Full record of all service items / general repairs and preventative maintenance on paper
    Car perfect
    If I get the right offer, I may let it go
    Centurion

2009 D3 V8 SE - Family car, holiday and weekends
    2009 Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 GLX - Mom's Taxi
    2001 Ford Ranger 2.5 D/C - My Car

2007 D3 TDV6 S - Family car, holiday and weekends ( RELUCTANTLY SOLD )

Quote Originally Posted by AllOutdoors View Post
    Mine:
    2009 D3 V8 SE
    Mileage 126,000km
    Weekend an holiday vehicle
    Full service history
    1yr 8 Month balance of innovation warranty
    All that had to be done has been done
    Full record of all service items / general repairs and preventative maintenance on paper
    Car perfect
    If I get the right offer, I may let it go
    Centurion

And what is the amount.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2