AARTO & two questions

Question AARTO & two questions

First of all, when did prosecution under aarto and issuing of aarto notices start? Date wise, and secondly, how does someone who doesn't have a vehicle in their name get an aarto infringement notice?
    Reason for this line of thought is: Yesterday my daughter found in our letter box an AARTO infringement notice addressed to me, however with no details, just saying that I must go to the post office to sign for it, and if not collected by a certain date, it would be deemed to have been delivered?
    Now a few problems, A: the expiry date for collection had already passed, by three days, and B: I do not have any vehicles registered in my name, and C: The registered owner of the vehicles in the family has another address as her registered address!
    Is there any way I can check, without going and signing for this that I can check ?
    09 Kyron, the Korean Snail.
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.
    Thermo Electric Cooling fan.

Default Re: AARTO & two questions

Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post
    First of all, when did prosecution under aarto and issuing of aarto notices start? Date wise, and secondly, how does someone who doesn't have a vehicle in their name get an aarto infringement notice? Same as someone gets e-Toll invoice with wrong vehicle etc, etc
    Reason for this line of thought is: Yesterday my daughter found in our letter box an AARTO infringement notice addressed to me, however with no details, just saying that I must go to the post office to sign for it, and if not collected by a certain date, it would be deemed to have been delivered? As the collection date has passed, it is deemed as delivered and you might just as well get it to see what the heck is going on
    Now a few problems, A: the expiry date for collection had already passed, by three days, and B: I do not have any vehicles registered in my name, and C: The registered owner of the vehicles in the family has another address as her registered address!
    Is there any way I can check, without going and signing for this that I can check ?
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

I am not so sure about "deemed delivered" if it is not collected. There is the issue of proof.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Only Pretoria and Johannesburg has been operating the aarto thing for some years as a test. It failed in all levels.

Ignore and go to sleep.

The "new national" aarto has been signed into law recently but is not in operation yet. Its constitutionality is deemed to be challenged in courts.
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

Question Re: AARTO & two questions

Subsequent to my original question, this morning both I and er indoors get "SMS'S" stating that our AARTO notices have not been collected at the post office. I my case, not bloody likely, but in Mommy's case it is from a different post office related to an area we last lived in four year ago?
    Mommy being the perennial worrier, goes onto big brothers website and gets the list of "Infringements" as per the pic attached.
    Now, some of these so called infringements date back to September LAST year, and the most recent one being two moths ago, for which we certainly did not receive any notification within their stipulated 30 days!
    OR, am I being my usual belligerent argumentative self, or do I/we actually have a legal leg to stand on?
    I have yet to go on to view the supposed transgression/s accredited to me!
    Please note: Smartass remarks I can give myself!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.

Thumbs down Re: AARTO & two questions

?WTF? I have just logged onto Big Brother, and entered my ID and Drivers licence number, to be told, " No infringements matched the criteria'? But YOU sent me an infringement notice, and today YOU sent me a sms, which just BTW do not correspond either!
    On the infringement notice it states" MUST be collected on or before 26/11/2019", and my SMS states, " MUST be collected by 16/11/2019 Can they not make up their minds?
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.

OUTA is busy fighting AARTO for these reasons.

IGNORE this crap until or unless they put a summons in your sweaty hand like in the old days.

NOTE: In Gauteng there is a real chance they will block the renewal of your vehicle license. In which case you have 2 choices: pay up or find legal advice. Arguing with the clerk regarding legalities (in my experience) gets you nowhere except ushered out by security.

Oh yes: signed into law in August 2019. As far as I understand, they can't apply previous offences retroactively.

?WTF? I have just logged onto Big Brother, and entered my ID and Drivers licence number, to be told, " No infringements matched the criteria'? But YOU sent me an infringement notice, and today YOU sent me a sms, which just BTW do not correspond either!
    On the infringement notice it states" MUST be collected on or before 26/11/2019", and my SMS states, " MUST be collected by 16/11/2019 Can they not make up their minds?
    we told you it was garbage

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post

Oh yes: signed into law in August 2019. As far as I understand, they can't apply previous offences retroactively.
    Signed yes, but not yet implemented country wide. And regulations around it still to be published.

Western Cape plans to go court route as they do have infrastructure to manage AARTO efficiently
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Just a 'heads-up' and a caution.

I was stopped in a road block recently, as I drove over the yellow sensor and the JMPD van took a photo of my nr plate. Cops jumped out and dashed to stop me.

What now? Asked if I own the vehicle? Yes I do. Asks for ID nr and disappears to the van. Comes back yes I do own the vehicle. However my nr plate has been 'cloned'.

Cops advise me that identical Landy to mine driving around with my nr plate. Explains to me that i must do a Affidavit at SAPS to avoid being liable for any AARTO infringements caused by the 'cloned' vehicle. When I asked how this was possible, the explanation was the eToll gantries are used to duplicate license disk info and then sold!!

So be aware that not all infringements could be because of your driving?

Roy

Beneath every ‘Majestic Oak’ lies a ‘Tuff Nut’ that refused to give up!!

Daily Drive : 2010 Discovery 4 SE
    Weekends: 2003 BMW K1200GT

Thumbs down Re: AARTO & two questions

Er Indoors just sent me this FK!
    All these supposed "Infringements" and NEVER a query when renewing my licence Been stopped in quite a few road blocks too?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.

Er Indoors just sent me this FK!
    All these supposed "Infringements" and NEVER a query when renewing my licence Been stopped in quite a few road blocks too?

Someone has even paid some of those that you never received...

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

a five cylinder bakkie

Quote Originally Posted by royjacobs View Post
    Just a 'heads-up' and a caution.

I was stopped in a road block recently, as I drove over the yellow sensor and the JMPD van took a photo of my nr plate. Cops jumped out and dashed to stop me.

What now? Asked if I own the vehicle? Yes I do. Asks for ID nr and disappears to the van. Comes back yes I do own the vehicle. However my nr plate has been 'cloned'.

Cops advise me that identical Landy to mine driving around with my nr plate. Explains to me that i must do a Affidavit at SAPS to avoid being liable for any AARTO infringements caused by the 'cloned' vehicle. When I asked how this was possible, the explanation was the eToll gantries are used to duplicate license disk info and then sold!!

So be aware that not all infringements could be because of your driving?

Roy
    Fluffy will claim this is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    fluffy will claim this is impossible.
    huh.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    huh.
    "When I asked how this was possible, the explanation was the eToll gantries are used to duplicate license disk info and then sold!!"

I went to renew my drivers license, eye test ect. The lady said I have an oustanding fine preventing me from renewing my license. I have a couple I'm aware of, all of which I dispute. She said I must pay R800 to renew my license. As far as I know I have no outstanding fine for R800. I asked her how do I know that it was even my vehicle or that they didn't make up this "fine". She said I wouldn't know, I must just pay. I did. Renewed my license. It's all a big scam. And you are helpless without a drivers license. What are your options at that moment, "Let me get my lawyer" after sitting in a queue for 3 hours and taken a day off work to sort this out?
    Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2016
    BMW R1200 GS Adventure --STOLEN--
    Jeep JK CRD 2.8D 2010 -- SOLD --

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoisVN View Post
    I went to renew my drivers license, eye test ect. The lady said I have an oustanding fine preventing me from renewing my license. I have a couple I'm aware of, all of which I dispute. She said I must pay R800 to renew my license. As far as I know I have no outstanding fine for R800. I asked her how do I know that it was even my vehicle or that they didn't make up this "fine". She said I wouldn't know, I must just pay. I did. Renewed my license. It's all a big scam. And you are helpless without a drivers license. What are your options at that moment, "Let me get my lawyer" after sitting in a queue for 3 hours and taken a day off work to sort this out?
    The only time they stopped me from getting a vehicle license was when a warrant was issued. I never got the summons, but I didn't complain.

They showed me the printout with a lot of fines outstanding. Just paid the fine with the warrant, which includes an additional amount for contempt of court.

License got issued.

Never had an issue with a drivers license.