Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo

I can only hope it does not get to be a bun fight.

The workshop manager phoned me this morning asking questions posed to him by the engineer at the factory.

Did the car make any noises when the incident happenned? Nope, just quietly stopped forwarding power from the engine to the diff....
    At what speed did the incident happen? 130kph, on adaptive speed control.
    Was the engine temperature up to operating temperature when the incident happenned? Sure it was, I have driven approximately 15km before it happenned.
    Was I passing another vehicle when the incident happenned? Nope, early morning on a dual carriage way with very little traffic.
    Where did I drive it to over the preceding weekend? Saturday morning to Warmaths airfield and back, Sunday morning early to Lanseria international airport and back.

This Wildtrak was released in Australia before South Africa, I wonder if they do not have a trend in issues with them by now. Will consult my good friend Google on that.
    Johan De Graaf
    2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 Biturbo 4x2 D/C
    2013 Range Rover e-vogue HSE Dynamic SD4
    2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8

All those ?...

Think they are planning to screw you over...

Knowing you....not gonna happen
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

My ordeal was 6 months for a squeaky clutch that drove me up the wall! I persisted and persisted and constantly threw my paperwork at them. After every discussion we had over the phone, I followed with an email: "Following our discussion earlier, here is the gist. Now get your backsides into gear and fix the new car I have to pay for while it is standing in your shop." Copy the lot in the email, keep record.
    Persistence, perseverance and then demand. I even had an email from the MEA Deputy Team Leader - Middle East and Africa.

My gripe started when some bright-spark at Ford Service decided it was a fix for a squeaky clutch pedal to put a handful of GP Grease on the clutch return spring and stink up the whole car and air-vent system. hoping it would solve the problem, it didn't. A new clutch assembly did, with new unbroken nylon bushes. Smelled like a oil rag in a brand new Everest. They dented the car and then messed up the break switch. With their fault finding they tried to blame me pulling my brothers trailer and shoddy wiring. My brother even sent them a wiring diagram and measured the amperage between connections to win that battle. Man, I was furious. Eventually all was sorted. Just take no crap off of nobody. It is a new car that you have to pay.

Things like this make me personally very concerned with the brand. So far I had great service from my two Rangers. Salesman and I were well acquainted since I had bought 2 new cars from him. He sorted a lot for me and unfortunately also listened to a lot of my ranting and screaming.
    Good luck. I really hope they come to the party and sort you out quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I can only hope it does not get to be a bun fight.

The workshop manager phoned me this morning asking questions posed to him by the engineer at the factory.

Did the car make any noises when the incident happenned? Nope, just quietly stopped forwarding power from the engine to the diff....
    At what speed did the incident happen? 130kph, on adaptive speed control.
    Was the engine temperature up to operating temperature when the incident happenned? Sure it was, I have driven approximately 15km before it happenned.
    Was I passing another vehicle when the incident happenned? Nope, early morning on a dual carriage way with very little traffic.
    Where did I drive it to over the preceding weekend? Saturday morning to Warmaths airfield and back, Sunday morning early to Lanseria international airport and back.

This Wildtrak was released in Australia before South Africa, I wonder if they do not have a trend in issues with them by now. Will consult my good friend Google on that.

Hope your issue get sorted asap.

RE the issues known on the 2.0, Ford released this for a series of Turkish built engines https://www.caradvice.com.au/803619/...ransit-custom/

I'm not sure this extends to SA but I do think someone mentioned there was an injector recall here in SA as well so might be worthwhile to ask while your vehicle is there.

Cheers

Update....

Just spoke with the dealership, the new gearbox was approved and they are hoping to receive it overnight with their normal spares delivery.

The new gearbox apparently already have the upgraded oil pump fitted so that should take care of my issues.

If the gearbox arrives overnight they will fit it tomorrow and I will have my Wildtrak back before the weekend.

I am holding my thumbs, my toes and anything else I can in hoping it will be delivered tonight.
    Johan De Graaf

Glad to hear and seems they sparked on this one. If the new gearbox has a "upgraded oil pump" fitted, that means all the 10Spd gearboxes has an inferior oil pump, or not?

Update....

Just spoke with the dealership, the new gearbox was approved and they are hoping to receive it overnight with their normal spares delivery.

The new gearbox apparently already have the upgraded oil pump fitted so that should take care of my issues.

If the gearbox arrives overnight they will fit it tomorrow and I will have my Wildtrak back before the weekend.

I am holding my thumbs, my toes and anything else I can in hoping it will be delivered tonight.

Glad you are sorted so quickly.

I tried to google for 10sp gearbox pump failures but with no success.
    2019 Wildtrak 4x4 Bi-Turbo - Current
    2019 Ford Figo Trend Auto - SWAMBO's platkar
    2017 Everest 2.2 XLT - Son driving it now
    2016 Ranger 3.2 Manual - Sold

Red face Re: Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo

Update....

Great!!! That sounds better...
    2017 Ranger 2.2 XL D/Cab
    2018 Polo Vivo (Mom's taxi)
    2014 BMW F800GSA
    1968 Ford 20M 2500S coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Glad you are sorted so quickly.

I tried to google for 10sp gearbox pump failures but with no success.
    Same here, even specifically searched for the same on that island full of criminals in the South Pacific called Australia.

Nil, nada......
    Johan De Graaf

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...d-gearbox.html

This is what I experienced, it seems we received some of the duds as well.....
    Johan De Graaf

Solid response from Ford. Hope the replacement goes well and you can enjoy your vehicle from here on in.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Glad to hear they resolved the issue promptly
    is it possible to find out which gearbox this was serial number wise and maybe also the pump would like to check what I have on my Raptor as when we go and play in the sand I like doing it with two wheels and high revs and cant think that is great if the pump has issues.

My partner and I bought two new XL 2.2 4X4 auto's in Feb 2019. Two months back, without a warning and 500km after a 30,000km service, one of the glow plugs broke and caused extensive damage in the cylinder. After lots of issues and six weeks later, the complete engine was replaced. We also received a couple of complementary marks on the body! This leaves a bitter taste behind and lots of doubt in the Ford product!
    Renier van Greunen
    1996 Pajero 3.5 V6

Any further news Oldtimer?
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

A heads-up to the bi-turbo owners.....
    Mine was recovered from next to the N4 early this morning and delivered to Aurinia Ford in Silverton where I bought it. With 4375km's on the clock and enjoying every minute of it this morning the dream ended. While driving on the highway at roughly 130Kph I noticed that I was slowing down, as if I accidentally bumped the gear lever from drive to neutral, only I did not touch anything and I did not bump anything. I coasted to a stop directly opposite the weighbridge on the N4 to Witbank and noticing a message on the dashboard that said "See Manual" with a little spanner indicated.

So I read my manual, and it showed that it is a "Drivetrain malfunction warning". Obviously not something I can fix. So I phone Ford Assist who sent the AA to collect me. The dealership gave me an Ecosport to use so I was mobile quick enough.

This afternoon I received the verdict from the workshop.

The oil pump inside the gearbox is not delivering the right pressure so the gearbox goes into Neutral as a safety precaution. The system indicated that the dealership submit the electronic analysis to the factory and the factory will then advise on the way forward.

I already indicated that the way forward for me does not include them opening the box, fiddling around inside it and then re-fitting it. In my way forward Ford supplies a new gearbox, the dealership fits it and then they can micro-analyze the cause for the next couple of weeks.

Bought my 2.0 bi turbo Wildtrak last year November,siting at the dealership with the exact same problem,just went into neutral on the n2 highway at night,been at the dealership now third week waiting for parts from factory,17000 on the clock,very disappointing to be having problems so soon,traded in my 3.2 Wildtrak with 120000 on the clock and not a days trouble for this headache

Don't worry it's only a R 90 000 fix covered by warrantee.

What worries me is what if it does not happen before guarantee expires.
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

Hannes I think the time had come a few years ago where you do not drive a modern high tech vehicle outside its warranty and motor plan. Very good friend of mine have a indy workshop. There are cars standing for a few years now. Owners simply does not have the money to repair them. Simple stuff like cylinder head replacement can come with a R150 000.00 tag.

Think the new norm is buy new or very low km. Sell at 99 999.99.
    It is not what you buy its what you build.

https://www.actionfordgroup.co.za/Sp...encyID=1&LGT=1

So this is why they have this specials!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to piranha786 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast