Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo

So, after working my way through the Ford range during the last year and a bit I decided to take the big step and move into the top-of-the-range models.

I will be taking delivery of a new Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo D/C today, colour as per my signature photo. I will be trading in my 2.2 XL 6 speed manual D/C which I bought new end November last year and which now has around 46000Km's on. Absolutely nothing wrong with the 2,2, I just decided to get a bit more luxury around my oversized body, specially the cruise control.

I am not sure how many Bi-turbo's are owned here on the forum but I would love to hear from current owners the good, the bad and whatever to look out for.
    Johan De Graaf
    2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 Biturbo 4x2 D/C
    2013 Range Rover e-vogue HSE Dynamic SD4
    2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8

Default Re: Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo

Check on the injectors. There was a problem with some.

Congrats!
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Red face Re: Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    So, after working my way through the Ford range during the last year and a bit I decided to take the big step and move into the top-of-the-range models.I will be taking delivery of a new Wildtrak 2.0 Bi-turbo D/C today, colour as per my signature photo. I will be trading in my 2.2 XL 6 speed manual D/C which I bought new end November last year and which now has around 46000Km's on. Absolutely nothing wrong with the 2,2, I just decided to get a bit more luxury around my oversized body, specially the cruise control.I am not sure how many Bi-turbo's are owned here on the forum but I would love to hear from current owners the good, the bad and whatever to look out for.
    Congratulations and enjoy. I love the colour but SWAMBO would not allow
    Ranger 3.2 XLT D/C 4x4 A/T 2019
    Armadillo Plus

I will be very interested to know your thoughts, in almost the same boat with a 2018 2.2 manual XL 19 000kms and tempted all the time to upgrade to the 10 speed A/T. Did they offer you a decent trade at least?

Baie geluk buurman. Sal vanmiddag oorstap en kom "drool"......
    Flip le Roux
    2012 Fortuner D4D 4x4 Auto
    2016 Jurgens Exclusive
    2014 BMW R1200RT
    2016 BMW F800GS ADV
    2016 Kia Picanto - Swambo
    2019 2.2 Ranger D/C XLS 4x4 Auto - Work
    GP0015

Quote Originally Posted by BakkieNell View Post
    I will be very interested to know your thoughts, in almost the same boat with a 2018 2.2 manual XL 19 000kms and tempted all the time to upgrade to the 10 speed A/T. Did they offer you a decent trade at least?
    They settled mine in full at the bank which was R411000.

I took delivery and drove it home this afternoon, it is a totally different world, a totally different beast. It is stunning.
    Johan De Graaf

They settled mine in full at the bank which was R411000.

I took delivery and drove it home this afternoon, it is a totally different world, a totally different beast. It is stunning.
    That’s really not what my disposable income wanted to hear. Thanks though and congrats, may you have many more beastly miles ahead!

Mine is on 8000km and still smiling. My previous was a 2013 3,2 XLT.
    The injector issue was a small batch and they have the serial numbers so will not be on any new vehicles. Gear box is superb and fuel consumption is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly340 View Post
    Mine is on 8000km and still smiling. My previous was a 2013 3,2 XLT.
    The injector issue was a small batch and they have the serial numbers so will not be on any new vehicles. Gear box is superb and fuel consumption is great.
    Thanks Fly340, I read about the injectors and thought it would not be that much of an issue. I have now done around 25km's and cannot yet comment. I am visiting one of our mines in Steelpoort area on Monday and will put it througg its paces there and back.
    Johan De Graaf

Got mine about 3 months ago, and went to Namibia, with all Toyota 2.8GD6. On every fuel stop, I was 20L lighter when we filled up. With that Adaptive cruise control, the long road was a dream.

The Hilux is so far behind when it comes to features and technology, you cant compare.

You will never look back

ENJOY
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just an update with regards to the 2.0 BiT vs the 3 2 XLT.
    Although early days I have now had an opportunity to take to the road towing my Companion with the new 2.0 BiT. I must say I am very impressed. I covered 2500km on road, off road and in the wet and I have to admit my preference is the 2.0 BiT. I guess the secret is in the gearbox. I towed in D and the vehicle seamlessly selected the gear required for the conditions been experienced. The extra torque and power also did not go unnoticed and I also got a better average fuel return. The ride was softer and quieter to add to the list of things I truly enjoyed. So so far so good.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ranger Conqueror For This Useful Post:

All i can say, best buy i have ever did!
    2019 Wildtrak 4x4 Bi-Turbo - Current
    2019 Ford Figo Trend Auto - SWAMBO's platkar
    2017 Everest 2.2 XLT - Son driving it now
    2016 Ranger 3.2 Manual - Sold

We have two in our fleet at work one on about 18000 and one on 8000.

Love them fuel consumption is great and power and cruising is awesome.

Great value for money.

More features than any Bakkie I can think of.

Power wise a close behind the V6 Amarok but I won't swop.
    Dashfibre: , Get Connected! If your complex wants fibre please contact us.

A heads-up to the bi-turbo owners...………..

Mine was recovered from next to the N4 early this morning and delivered to Aurinia Ford in Silverton where I bought it. With 4375km's on the clock and enjoying every minute of it this morning the dream ended. While driving on the highway at roughly 130Kph I noticed that I was slowing down, as if I accidentally bumped the gear lever from drive to neutral, only I did not touch anything and I did not bump anything. I coasted to a stop directly opposite the weighbridge on the N4 to Witbank and noticing a message on the dashboard that said "See Manual" with a little spanner indicated.

So I read my manual, and it showed that it is a "Drivetrain malfunction warning". Obviously not something I can fix. So I phone Ford Assist who sent the AA to collect me. The dealership gave me an Ecosport to use so I was mobile quick enough.

This afternoon I received the verdict from the workshop.

The oil pump inside the gearbox is not delivering the right pressure so the gearbox goes into Neutral as a safety precaution. The system indicated that the dealership submit the electronic analysis to the factory and the factory will then advise on the way forward.

I already indicated that the way forward for me does not include them opening the box, fiddling around inside it and then re-fitting it. In my way forward Ford supplies a new gearbox, the dealership fits it and then they can micro-analyze the cause for the next couple of weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191125_051754.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	548910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20191125-WA0006.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	548911  
    Johan De Graaf

Can you just not insist on a replacement vehicle. I mean it has 4000 odd km's on. What does this do to ones driving confidence and enjoyment of the vehicle. As much as I had little issues, and only with the Everest, things like this make me concerned about the brand. I am on my 3rd 2.2 and so far no problems, touch wood.

I hope they sort you out asap!!

Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    Can you just not insist on a replacement vehicle. I mean it has 4000 odd km's on. What does this do to ones driving confidence and enjoyment of the vehicle. As much as I had little issues, and only with the Everest, things like this make me concerned about the brand. I am on my 3rd 2.2 and so far no problems, touch wood.

Agree with you on that one, will find out tomorrow what my rights are wrt replacing it.
    Johan De Graaf

Agree with you on that one, will find out tomorrow what my rights are wrt replacing it.
    Good luck! They must know you are the customer and give them sticks. It is a brand new vehicle. Whatever you discuss and they say, follow up in writing to the DP, Service manager, Ford SA and Salesman. That helped me a lot when I fought my battle with the Everest clutch. I had full timeline and correspondence. It eliminates "I can't recall saying that"... Not nice!

Eish Oldtimer cannot be a nice feeling. Hopefully Ford comes to the party big time.

Please keep us posted and good luck!
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Shockingly disappointing!!
    This one is definelately going to cost Ford a number of potential sales - myself included...

Hope you get sorted well and quickly Oldtimer!!!
    2017 Ranger 2.2 XL D/Cab
    2018 Polo Vivo (Mom's taxi)
    2014 BMW F800GSA
    1968 Ford 20M 2500S coupe

Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post

@Oldtimer, sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I truly hope that Ford comes to the party and sorts it out by replacement and not "fiddle & fix", because that is when things starts to go wrong down the line.
    I have been struggling with Ford for the last 6 months to sort out an electrical gremlin in my aircon so which they turn their backs. All in writing with video evidence....
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Colt 2.4 DC 4x2 - Sold

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast