What did you see on the road today? - Page 3





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Despatch
    Age
    75
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    [QUOTE=Henkus;4267376]Strangest thing..... we saw someone coming to a complete stop at a STOP sign!!

    I am obsessed with deadstopping (ugly new word!) at stop streets. A stopsign means that you have top come to a complete stop even if there are no other vehicles visible. A person can easily grow into the habit of not stopping. I have been sworn at for stopping at a stopsign. In !ain Reef in J'burg I was sworn at multiple times for stopping at a robot on red. Imagine if all drivers obey the rules of the road how the accident rate will drop,

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    67
    Posts
    298

    Thumbs up Re: What did you see on the road today?

    That "Bentley" is truly the fugliest thing I have ever seen, and in the poorest taste!!!!
    As to stopping at red lights and stop streets, I do! And if I get sworn at, I sit!, If I get hooted at, I sometimes get out and have a look around my car and ask them whats wrong? Why are you hooting?
    09 Kyron, the Korean Snail.
    NO Meeow!
    Blanked EGR.
    Thermo Electric Cooling fan.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post
    That "Bentley" is truly the fugliest thing I have ever seen, and in the poorest taste!!!!
    As to stopping at red lights and stop streets, I do! And if I get sworn at, I sit!, If I get hooted at, I sometimes get out and have a look around my car and ask them whats wrong? Why are you hooting?
    (Like..!)

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,192

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Today, madnesses ensued:


    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chintsa East
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,345

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Today, madnesses ensued:

    All graduates cum lauda from the Grand Prix school of driving.

    Times like this when you wish you had an F250 with a 100mm pipe roo bar.
    2013 Disco 4 XS Lifted
    Toyota Yaris, Swambo's shopping basket
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2006 the worsies car for the beach(what a car!! )

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chintsa East
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,345

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    (Like..!)
    I do that too, have almost been hit by creepers or pawsers. I also wait 2 or 3 seconds after the robot goes green for me, amazing number of people that just slip through.
    2013 Disco 4 XS Lifted
    Toyota Yaris, Swambo's shopping basket
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2006 the worsies car for the beach(what a car!! )

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    55
    Posts
    939

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pwgg View Post
    All graduates cum lauda from the Grand Prix school of driving.

    Times like this when you wish you had an F250 with a 100mm pipe roo bar.

    Or 20 boxes of 2 inch nails
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    55
    Posts
    939

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pwgg View Post
    I do that too, have almost been hit by creepers or pawsers. I also wait 2 or 3 seconds after the robot goes green for me, amazing number of people that just slip through.
    Never ever trust a green robot in this country.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    35,894

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by pwgg View Post
    All graduates cum lauda from the Grand Prix school of driving.

    Times like this when you wish you had an F250 with a 100mm pipe roo bar.
    Ah the joys of the R55...........
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Inchanga
    Age
    61
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    Never ever trust a green robot in this country.
    Remember this.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6WsnoZUTBw

    Check that the road is clear before moving.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,192

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    Never ever trust a green robot in this country.
    The most frustrating part is 800 m further the metro cops are having a nice camp out under the oak trees. Not one of these despots are stopped!

    It just does not figure

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Barberton
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5,697

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Yesterday midday heading east on the N12 highway, somewere near Delmas. I'm busy overtaking a big heavily loaded "eighteen wheeler", when the dark blue BMW sedan in front of me swings left into the truck's path for a good old "brake test". The truck swerved right to avoid the Beemer (where my old Chevy is minding its own business), but luckily I managed to also swerve right onto the tar shoulder.
    The Beemer came cruising past a while later, with a middle aged woman behind the wheel. I don't know what prompted her to execute the brake test, but it was really stupid.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vereeniging
    Age
    57
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Saturday morning on the R59 south between Alberton en Vereeniging: A fully grown sheep as FRONT passenger in a Dodge SUV! Windows are open, and I could swear the sheep's smile was as wide as the driver's . .

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oudtshoorn
    Age
    71
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Markb View Post
    That "Bentley" is truly the fugliest thing I have ever seen, and in the poorest taste!!!!
    As to stopping at red lights and stop streets, I do! And if I get sworn at, I sit!, If I get hooted at, I sometimes get out and have a look around my car and ask them whats wrong? Why are you hooting?
    I have 2 signs on rear of Landy, for such people. ď Actually I can go slowerĒ and ď Watch out for the idiot behind meĒ Attracts all sorts of responses from laughter to getting the finger. But itís effective.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Ruaha National Park
    Age
    51
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by EtienneB View Post
    Saturday morning on the R59 south between Alberton en Vereeniging: A fully grown sheep as FRONT passenger in a Dodge SUV! Windows are open, and I could swear the sheep's smile was as wide as the driver's . .
    Kiwi on a date
    1962 88" Series 2a
    1996 300 TDI Defender 110
    1997 2.8i Defender 110
    Toyota Hi Lux D4D

    Only dead fish go with the flow

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Durbs
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    okay,so this wasn't quite today, or even this year... but definitely one of the weirder things i've seen on my drive home after work, so i had to dig up the photo. That is a shopping center parking lot that he tried to exit the quick way.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0088.JPG 
Views:	551 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	548943

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,192

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    Yesterday midday heading east on the N12 highway, somewere near Delmas. I'm busy overtaking a big heavily loaded "eighteen wheeler", when the dark blue BMW sedan in front of me swings left into the truck's path for a good old "brake test". The truck swerved right to avoid the Beemer (where my old Chevy is minding its own business), but luckily I managed to also swerve right onto the tar shoulder.
    The Beemer came cruising past a while later, with a middle aged woman behind the wheel. I don't know what prompted her to execute the brake test, but it was really stupid.
    Sjo, glad things worked out. Scary stuff. I donít know how you guys do it daily.

    Be safe out there!

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,192

    Default What did you see on the road today?

    Rain brings on snail pace:



    Absolute madness. I donít know how you guys do this every day.
    Last edited by Zapiture; 2019/12/04 at 10:26 AM.

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    38
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    UAE petrochemical. Big in Zambia & DRC

    Actually thru out Africa.

    Zambia, NamibiŽ, DRC, Malawi, are Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and and

    One of my customers from the UAE
    Current
    2006 - Land Rover Discovery 3 TDV6 S

    Previous
    2004 - Land Rover Discovery 2 V8 XS

    Previous
    2000 - Mitsubishi Colt 2.8 TDI 4x4

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    48
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: What did you see on the road today?

    I saw three vintage cars on Friday on my way to work and back. Could only snap this one. The others were an original Ford Cortina and a Volvo Amazon, both on a transporter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191208_071856.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	550312
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •