CMH Dodginess

Thread: CMH Dodginess

Default CMH Dodginess

Good day guys. Hoping someone has some advice on how to deal with the okes at CMH who are trying to bully me into accepting the fact that they sold my wife an accident damaged car, blatantly lied about it, promised to have the body damage fixed, never did and now are absolving themselves of responsibility. We bought the vehicle online assuming that CMH as a big franchise would be trustworthy and after having questioned the sale person about it. They have done the same to a few buyers as I have picked up from digging into their online presence but the Franchise Manager who seems to be lekker buddies with the DP at CMH Honda The Glen is defending the decision to not repair. I have now reported them to Wesbank since the vehicle is financed as well hoping to get some pressure on them but CMH needs some publicity for their actions too.

Default Re: CMH Dodginess

was There a PDI done before collection of the vehicle? Surely if the damage is blatantly obvious but is not recorded on the PDI, then they need to come to the party here.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel:D View Post
    Good day guys. Hoping someone has some advice on how to deal with the okes at CMH who are trying to bully me into accepting the fact that they sold my wife an accident damaged car, blatantly lied about it, promised to have the body damage fixed, never did and now are absolving themselves of responsibility. We bought the vehicle online assuming that CMH as a big franchise would be trustworthy and after having questioned the sale person about it. They have done the same to a few buyers as I have picked up from digging into their online presence but the Franchise Manager who seems to be lekker buddies with the DP at CMH Honda The Glen is defending the decision to not repair. I have now reported them to Wesbank since the vehicle is financed as well hoping to get some pressure on them but CMH needs some publicity for their actions too.
    How did you realise it is an accident damaged car?
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Look up the definitions of latent and patent defects
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    and how they relate to the CPA...........
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    How did you realise it is an accident damaged car?
    Thanks guys, wasn't getting any notifications that there were responses to my post. Car was bought in JHB and when asked for pictures of dead on sides and rear of the car they didn't respond. The images they sent were perfectly angled to cut out the rear left of the vehicle and seeing t was a 'large dealership' trusted the sales guy when he promised it was a clean car. Then when it arrived in Cape Town at CMH, with a flat tyre, indicator that didn't work, a corroded battery I gave the car a slightly closer look. The rear bumper was starting to fade and crack and had been screwed into the body work with a wood screw! There were also signs of bodyfilla and paint streaks... Nonetheless, now sitting with the Ombudsman,

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    The Dealer Principal and Franchise Manager don't give a crap and basically dared me to take it to the Ombudsman... anyway, let's see what happens from here. But I've been contacted by other buyers who were given the same treatment and got screwed...

Good

Keep the updates posted
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

The Dealer Principal and Franchise Manager don't give a crap and basically dared me to take it to the Ombudsman... anyway, let's see what happens from here. But I've been contacted by other buyers who were given the same treatment and got screwed...
    Screwed by the same dealer?

Some skates cotton on to the fact that ripping people off like this is relatively easy and doesn't initially have much consequences other than disgruntled customers most of whom eventually give up.

Have you tried emailing the dealer principal and cc'ing all the head office\management that you can find emails for, that often wakes a few people up. Do it once a week for a month and see what happens... also cc a few newspaper journalists.

I will never deal with CMH again for as long as I live. My run-in was very bad. To be honest reading about "Oldtimer's" (on the forum) misfortune, unfortunately I think I am driving my last Ford as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Screwed by the same dealer?

Some skates cotton on to the fact that ripping people off like this is relatively easy and doesn't initially have much consequences other than disgruntled customers most of whom eventually give up.

Have you tried emailing the dealer principal and cc'ing all the head office\management that you can find emails for, that often wakes a few people up. Do it once a week for a month and see what happens... also cc a few newspaper journalists.
    Currently sitting with the Ombudsman. Had WesBank on their case as well and they blatantly lied to the area manager saying that they were resolving the situation... my Google review and photos have had over 100 views now so they’re only hurting themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by AntonN View Post
    I will never deal with CMH again for as long as I live. My run-in was very bad. To be honest reading about "Oldtimer's" (on the forum) misfortune, unfortunately I think I am driving my last Ford as well.
    Trying to find Oldtimers forum post but no luck? What happened?

MIOSA ruled that all CMH has to do is replace the bumper retainer (which was missing after the supposed bumper replacement). They obviously never went through the documentation properly and even mentioned that ‘CMH didn’t say the car was not in an accident’ or something to
    that effect. Dealer Principal, As dodgy as he is is even saying they don’t have to replace the retainer even though miosa told them to. Stay clear of CMH, they’re rotten to the core.

Sorry for your bad experience.

I'm afraid I would never buy a car sight unseen. It's just too big an outlay.

And as Petri said in his recent thread, what one person will overlook is a complete deal breaker for another.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

Trying to find Oldtimers forum post but no luck? What happened?
    Only saw your post now. Seems his gearbox issue was sorted.
    https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...t=#post4279602

On topic:
    I found other problems on the Ranger I bought from CMH Ford. I am not even bothering to contact them. Fixed and sorted it out myself. The destroyed side-steps I should have checked before I took delivery. That will be my account....
    Never again.

Edit:
    This is supposed to be checked....I wish it was done on mine!!
    https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content...f/ford_cpo.pdf
    Last edited by AntonN; 2020/02/01 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added info

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AntonN For This Useful Post: