Conqueror UEV 14: Tips Tricks & Mods

Default Conqueror UEV 14: Tips Tricks & Mods

Ordered mine yesterday from Conqueror Wellington. Delivery end of November. Cool!!! Really sad to let the Companion go but I feel that the UEV will just suit our needs so much better.

I Would like to start a new threat on the Conqueror UEV 14 where we can share ideas and tips and of course our camping experiences.

I have already requested a few minor mods for the kitchen shelving. Just a personal thing that will suit our packing and storage needs a bit better. Oh yes and i also asked Conqueror to design a mozzie net for the back entrance door!

I will share a few pics when its delivered.

I have the latest prices on the UEV 14 and Extras.You welcome to pop me a message if you need any info.

Default Re: Conqueror UEV 14: Tips Tricks & Mods

Quote Originally Posted by SP1971 View Post
    Ordered mine yesterday from Conqueror Wellington. Delivery end of November. Cool!!! Really sad to let the Companion go but I feel that the UEV will just suit our needs so much better.

I Would like to start a new threat on the Conqueror UEV 14 where we can share ideas and tips and of course our camping experiences.

I have already requested a few minor mods for the kitchen shelving. Just a personal thing that will suit our packing and storage needs a bit better. Oh yes and i also asked Conqueror to design a mozzie net for the back entrance door!

I will share a few pics when its delivered.

I have the latest prices on the UEV 14 and Extras.You welcome to pop me a message if you need any info.
    congrats !! Enjoy the new van!

Sjoe... congrats... Looking forward to your review!
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

Thank you BobMabena. Its a big leap of faith will defenitely post some pics!

Safari Centre Goodwood received the new UEV 14 today. Go check it out!!!

A few mods i decided on while the van is still on the production floor:

Decided to not opt for any of the melamine doors in the UEV. Gravel roads and screws and hinges on doors does not go hand in hand in my humble opinion. Requested Conqueror to rather replace the melamine doors with Canvas and Zips. Similar as the Companion / Commander shelving. Canvass is more durable than melamine doors, is lighter and will also free up some much needed space on the inside when the bed is folded open.

Requested a Zip to be installed on the mesh in the pop up roof tent just above the back entrance door. Will make things a lot easier to attach the velcro strip of the insta awn to the caravan for those rainy camping days and will at the sime time allow better ventilation on the inside if i decide to open the Zip.

Grab handle at the back entrance door to make things a bit easier and safer to get in and out of the van. Especially after a few cold ones!!

My mods suggestions was positively received by Conqueror and I will post an update on the outcome.

Cheers

Received some feedback from Conqueror on the modifications requests.

Melamine doors will be replaced with canvass . This will be for my account. Received a very reasonable quote from Conqueror Wellington to make up all the canvass doors. I decided to proceed.

The Zip on the roof mesh will be fitted by Wellington at no cost.

Grab handle will be fitted by Wellington at no cost.

Modification to the kitchen shelving will be done by Wellington at no cost.

I also decided on fitting a moz net at the kitchen door aperture. Will receive the quote tomorrow.

Delivery expected in 1st week of December and then all the mods will be completed in house at Wellington.

Conqueror Wellington really came to the party.

I received the not so good news on Friday that production is unfortunately behind schedule at the Heildelberg Factory. So the UEV 14 will now only be delivered early 2020. I will have more clarity after the production meeting tomorrow on an estimate delivery date.

Rather a caravan that passed all QC inspections than something thats being rushed off to keep a client " happy" before Christmas is my point of view.

Conqueror Wellington kindly offered me a rental free of charge for our long planned holiday in January. Thank you Andre & Elmarie!

Updates on the delivery and mods will be provided in the new year.

Merry Christmas to all.