NASA on Climate Change

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default NASA on Climate Change

"For more than 60 years, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has known that the changes occurring to planetary weather patterns
    are completely natural and normal
    . But the space agency, for whatever reason, has chosen to let the man-made global warming hoax persist and spread, to the detriment of human freedom."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-08-30-nasa-admits-climate-change-not-caused-by-suvs-fossil-fuels.html

This article got me thinking and I cannot decide whether to believe it or not.

What is your take on this?

Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

Default Re: NASA on Climate Change

Nope, not getting involved in this one.............
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

The earth is going through natural heating and cooling cycles... So the earth will heat up "weather" we like it or not. But the point is, though, the greenhouse gasses are making the earth heat up much much quicker....
    "Grent" Vitara
    EX- EL JIMBO - RED AND "FAST" 8)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is a conspiracy theory and fake news website.[2] The website sells various dietary supplements, promotes alternative medicine, tendentious nutrition and health claims,[3] fake news,[4][5][6] and espouses various conspiracy theories.[7] These conspiracy theories include chemophobic claims about the purported dangers of "chemtrails",[2] fluoridated drinking water,[8] anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame), and alleged health problems caused by allegedly "toxic" ingredients in vaccines,[2][3] including the now-discredited link to autism.[9] It has also spread conspiracy theories about the Zika virus allegedly being spread by genetically modified mosquitoes[10] and purported adverse effects of genetically modified crops, as well as the farming practices associated with and foods derived from them.[11]

The site's founder, Michael Allen "Mike" Adams, gained attention after posting a blog entry implying a call for violence against proponents of GMO foods, and then allegedly creating another website with a list of names of alleged supporters. He has been accused of using "pseudoscience to sell his lies".[12] Adams has described vaccines as "medical child abuse".[13]
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    "For more than 60 years, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has known that the changes occurring to planetary weather patterns
    . But the space agency, for whatever reason, has chosen to let the man-made global warming hoax persist and spread, to the detriment of human freedom."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-08-30-nasa-admits-climate-change-not-caused-by-suvs-fossil-fuels.html

"My f*k Marelize...!!!"
    Ockert
    Toyota Prado 120 4.0VX

All part of the human condition. Our arrogance is so great that we want to believe we are actually responsible for something that takes place on a geological level that far predates our existence on earth.

if we could focus the attetion, energy and finances that go towards preventing global warming and dealt with actual environmental crisis, like plastic pollution of the oceans, the protection of fresh water sources etc etc, we might actually be able to achieve something.

But the powers that be, need there to be a big dad “boogie man” to keep everyone in line. Global Warming has provided a pretty effective boogie man.

The other issue is, that where we currently sit in this specific phase of global climate change, is detrimental to the food production of the central Midwest of the USA....in the not too distant future they will become a net importer of grains. They are therefore milking this global warming issue, to ensure they get preferential access to farming markets in the developing world.

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    The earth is going through natural heating and cooling cycles... So the earth will heat up "weather" we like it or not. But the point is, though, the greenhouse gasses are making the earth heat up much much quicker....
    No doubt there is some localized heating, thanks to bad environmental practices.... this is mostly down to deforestation, desertification through overgrazing, of excessive concentrations of people in the mega city’s. But it has zero inpact on a global scale

Earth has been cover by ice, Sahara has been a jungle... Earth goes through cycles. Apparently we were going towards the next ice age. Looks like that has been reversed. The first "global warming" issue I was told was at school was when I was under 16. Humans are small hick up in the history of the earth.

More humans survive when there is total global warming than total ice age.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Humans should never be able to witness any form of climate change within their lifetime. That's how slow it takes. But the fact that we are seeing changes within our lifetimes tells me that we're doing something very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post

My view, as someone with no knowledge of climate and related research is as follows:

Who benefits if we believe that global warming is man made and we take steps to reduce the use of fossil fuels?

Not that many people or organisations, in my opinion.

The alternative energy industry in my view has come afterwards, on the wave of the concern over climate (often in fact more on the wave of the increasing cost of fossil fuels) , it didn't 'drive' the science , so to speak.

I draw a comparison with the way in which in the last 40 years we were told to eat grains as out main food.

In that case , it has been known for a while that this advise was driven by the agenda of the grain lobbies. Their commercial interests drove the science and all of a sudden we took for truth something that was not.

So, without fully understanding the science behind it , I tend to 'believe' that the current episode of global warming is man made and not cyclical, on the grounds that I don't see anyone benefiting from pushing that agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by tashtego9 View Post
    My view, as someone with no knowledge of climate and related research is as follows:

Who benefits if we believe that global warming is man made and we take steps to reduce the use of fossil fuels?

Not that many people or organisations, in my opinion.

The alternative energy industry in my view has come afterwards, on the wave of the concern over climate (often in fact more on the wave of the increasing cost of fossil fuels) , it didn't 'drive' the science , so to speak.

I draw a comparison with the way in which in the last 40 years we were told to eat grains as out main food.

In that case , it has been known for a while that this advise was driven by the agenda of the grain lobbies. Their commercial interests drove the science and all of a sudden we took for truth something that was not.

So, without fully understanding the science behind it , I tend to 'believe' that the current episode of global warming is man made and not cyclical, on the grounds that I don't see anyone benefiting from pushing that agenda.
    have you got any idea how much money there is in research and tech? You need a big issue to unlock funding for this from governments and the UN and so on.

similarly, there is a huge amount of money to be made in the NGO space, appointing consultants and researchers to come up with data, which then drives projects that will allow us to produce “more” while using “less” and in so doing save the planet. At the same time all this great humanitarian effort is used as a cover to allow Western nations to “colonise” the best agricultural areas in the world, ensuring a constant cheap supply of food and resources to keep their unsustainable economies running.

don’t get me wrong, we probably all benefit from most of this, but the reasoning behind it has very little to do with the emotive issue they use to justify it.

if WFP and USAid and Other such orginisations we’re properly upfront about why they are doing what they are doing, all the liberals would be throwing their toys, and the third world would be in even more trouble than it already is.

Remember how the last round of colonization started....... church missions, educate/indoctrinate the “savage” until they are so dependedent on your way of life, that they feel that you can do no wrong..... then milk them for their resources. “Fixing” climate change is a very similar story

Yes climate change is a natural phenomenon, as someone else pointed out what we are seeing is is an unprecedented rate of change that is not natural but man made
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Betta View Post
    Humans should never be able to witness any form of climate change within their lifetime. That's how slow it takes. But the fact that we are seeing changes within our lifetimes tells me that we're doing something very wrong.
    Then I suggest you read up on the Younger Dryas Ice Age. It cooled within decades from warm to an ice age and several centuries later the climate returned to as it was withing decades.
    2001 Isuzu Frontier 4X4 DT280 LX 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Tourer)
    2011 JMC 4X4 Double Cab 2.8 Turbo Diesel (Work Bakkie)
    1973 Land Rover Series 2A 109" Ford V6 Kanniedood, Salisbury diff, galvanised chassis etc. (Hobby and Work vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Betta View Post
    Simply not true. Generally climate change is very slow, but occasionally it suddenly speeds up. The change from temperate climates to an ice age can be as short as 25 years..... the ice age then lasts hundreds of year, and then reverts back to temperate within 25 years or so again.....

also, this global warming thing seems very confused, because just in the last 20 years we have expereinced in parts of SA, the hottest years on record, the coldest years on record, the wettest and the driest years on record.
    Last edited by RPiet; 2019/10/21 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post
    No doubt there is some localized heating, thanks to bad environmental practices.... this is mostly down to deforestation, desertification through overgrazing, of excessive concentrations of people in the mega city’s. But it has zero inpact on a global scale

I agree on the deforestation part. Also a major contributor. But... (From here" https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...-warming-real/)

For example, models have found that changes in solar irradiance and volcanic aerosols have contributed only about two percent of the recent warming effect over 250 years. The balance comes from greenhouse gases and other human-caused factors, such as land-use changes.
    The speed and duration of this recent warming is remarkable as well. The answer to the question, “Is global warming real?” is yes: Nothing other than the rapid rise of greenhouse gas emissions from human activity can fully explain the dramatic and relatively recent rise in global average temperatures.
    Last edited by New; 2019/10/21 at 02:47 PM.
    "Grent" Vitara

also, this global warming thing seems very confused, because just in the last 20 years we have expereinced in parts of SA, the hottest years on record, the coldest years on record, the wettest and the driest years on record.
    Global warming is maybe not a correct term anymore...

Scientists prefer to use “climate change” when describing the complex shifts now affecting our planet’s weather and climate systems. Climate change encompasses not only rising average temperatures but also extreme weather events, shifting wildlife populations and habitats, rising seas, and a range of other impacts.
    "Grent" Vitara

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Nope, not getting involved in this one.............
    Me neither but I shall limit it to just this post.

I understand and have been exposed to short and long term variation graphs. The current increase in temperature trend lines could ( I am not stating do) represent an increase on a slope of data that spans a couple of 100 years within an upward trend that spans thousands of years and which could peak, naturally, in 10s, 100s or 1000s from now before declining again through a number of cycles similar to what has taken place over the entire history of the earth. (See the attached to note peaks and troughs in both short term cycles within the long terms cycles)

The Holocene period spans the last 11 000 years: (Google: UCMP Berkely)

The Holocene is the name given to the last 11,700 years* of the Earth's history — the time since the end of the last major glacial epoch, or "ice age." Since then, there have been small-scale climate shifts — notably the "Little Ice Age" between about 1200 and 1700 A.D.

I am off to light a fire and contribute either way cos It Are Time
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

There is no link to the actual NASA statement, so cannot comment on what NASA actually said.

My view is simply this:
    The car, oil and coal companies are the biggest "bad guys" in the whole climate change debate.
    They also happen to be the biggest and wealthiest corporations on the planet with budgets that dwarf most countries.
    Why have they not come forward with an army of scientists, with peer reviewed documentation - backed by lawyers and lobbyists - that disproves that their product is poisoning the planet?

Look at how the cattle industry responded in America when Oprah made a comparison between red meat and mad cow disease, I am sort of expecting that.
    2018 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 4X4
    2016 Mazda CX-3 2.0 Dynamic Auto - Sold
    2012 VW Tiguan 2.0TDi Bluemotion - Sold
    2009 Ford Fiesta 1.6 Titanium 3 door - Sold

have you got any idea how much money there is in research and tech? You need a big issue to unlock funding for this from governments and the UN and so on.

similarly, there is a huge amount of money to be made in the NGO space, appointing consultants and researchers to come up with data, which then drives projects that will allow us to produce “more” while using “less” and in so doing save the planet. At the same time all this great humanitarian effort is used as a cover to allow Western nations to “colonise” the best agricultural areas in the world, ensuring a constant cheap supply of food and resources to keep their unsustainable economies running.

don’t get me wrong, we probably all benefit from most of this, but the reasoning behind it has very little to do with the emotive issue they use to justify it.

if WFP and USAid and Other such orginisations we’re properly upfront about why they are doing what they are doing, all the liberals would be throwing their toys, and the third world would be in even more trouble than it already is.

Remember how the last round of colonization started....... church missions, educate/indoctrinate the “savage” until they are so dependedent on your way of life, that they feel that you can do no wrong..... then milk them for their resources. “Fixing” climate change is a very similar story
    I see the above (the research funding, the more effective production etc) more as a reaction to the issue of global warming, rather than the driving force behind it , but I might be wrong .

In fact, ...I really hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by WernerDL View Post
    There is no link to the actual NASA statement, so cannot comment on what NASA actually said.

My view is simply this:
    The car, oil and coal companies are the biggest "bad guys" in the whole climate change debate.
    They also happen to be the biggest and wealthiest corporations on the planet with budgets that dwarf most countries.
    Why have they not come forward with an army of scientists, with peer reviewed documentation - backed by lawyers and lobbyists - that disproves that their product is poisoning the planet?
    This

They seem to have given up relatively quickly.

Geez ...the tobacco companies fought a harder battle. And they knew they were wrong in the first place !

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast