Pajero gen4 auto reverse issue / problem

Question Pajero gen4 auto reverse issue / problem

I have owned my 2nd hand Pajero auto 2016 for a few months and took it in for a minor 170k service on Friday. That night I reversed up over a medium bump on the grass. There was a shudder and I could feel shaking under the vehicle. The vehicle would not move. I tried to change between D, N etc and back to R and did the same thing. Was fine in D and changes and engages gears fine but would not reverse. When I went forward and then reversed on a more flat surface where not much revs are required it went fine with no issues.

I tested it on tar and flat road steep hills and speed bumps and works fine but then did it again when reversing up over a curb. So seems to be when more revs are needed to go over a something that requires more torque perhaps?

I will Iíll take it back to the dealer but it was not like this before the service. Could it be a coincidence or does anyone have any guidance on what to it could be or what to check.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Pajero gen4 auto reverse issue / problem

I have had mine for 11 years now but have never had that problem , loss off traction reversing a few times but not what you are having perhaps the ABS is not working properly
    Pajero 3.2 DID Gen 4 Standard for now
    Platcar Alfa Giulietta 1.4 MA
    Swambo Volvo S40 T5

Dustin
    I have experienced similar when new brake shoes were fitted incorrectly,(other cars though)
    I suspect your Paj has rear disc brakes.
    Mitsubishi Triton DC 3.2 A/T 4X4
    2007 Hilux 2.5 D4D SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Du$tin View Post
    I have owned my 2nd hand Pajero auto 2016 for a few months and took it in for a minor 170k service on Friday. That night I reversed up over a medium bump on the grass. There was a shudder and I could feel shaking under the vehicle. The vehicle would not move. I tried to change between D, N etc and back to R and did the same thing. Was fine in D and changes and engages gears fine but would not reverse. When I went forward and then reversed on a more flat surface where not much revs are required it went fine with no issues.

I tested it on tar and flat road steep hills and speed bumps and works fine but then did it again when reversing up over a curb. So seems to be when more revs are needed to go over a something that requires more torque perhaps?

I will Iíll take it back to the dealer but it was not like this before the service. Could it be a coincidence or does anyone have any guidance on what to it could be or what to check.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps they adjusted the handbrake incorrectly. I'd look there first.

Cheers

Question Re: Pajero gen4 auto reverse issue / problem

Thanks all for the advise. Mitsubishi advised that itís the traction control. However it seems a lot more sensitive recently and they say the propshaft will spin and when the vehicle loses grip you will feel the slipping / shudder. Not sure why this is now more frequent and prominent as driving is same areas/conditions?

I also have however ever also noticed that there is a vibration over 80km/hr that is present and the steering wheel vibrates. Tires are very good and balancing / wheel alignment have been done. Want to get this looked at and not sure is itís related to the initial issue with reverse shudder issue.

Any advise on where I could take it to test the issue?