Hi from the 🇬🇧

Default Hi from the 🇬🇧

Hi,

I would like to touch base and say it's an interesting forum. Very informative.

Thank you for accepting my request. 👍,

I am in the UK,

I have a land rover discovery 4. 9 years old from new, 68000 miles on the clock.

I have had a range of land rover models from series 1, 1a, 2, through to the defenders 90s 110s, range rovers V6 and V8, discovery 2,3,4.

I have stuck with my D4 as I find it the best model. It's been a relatively clear run of limited problems, but if he throws a fit it gets sorted immediately.

Latest, turbo and intercooler etc full of oil. Running like a bag of spanners and excessive blue smoke. It turns out there is an upgrade for the oil pipe to the second turbo, I have had this done and a new air flow meter as the excessive oil caused the engine to draw too much air and killed it. It showed no faults on the diagnostics.

What a difference, quieter, NO smoke at all runs like a dream. It was plooms of blue smoke under load or acceleration, well worth looking into before tampering with turbos.

Gear select went very stiff and could not select drive. Limped it to the (indie) independent garage not a dealer, up on the ramp, selector greased and wow, smooth is an understatement.

It's had new wishbones, belts done. Drives beautifully. I think I have been lucky so far, just the usual temperamental door lock to get sorted now. Common fault for a disco.

You may guess I am a land rover nut. Just a few hints🤓.

Thanks again for accepting me, 👍

Default Re: Hi from the 🇬🇧

Quote Originally Posted by Dfer View Post
    Hi,

I would like to touch base and say it's an interesting forum. Very informative.

Thank you for accepting my request. 👍,

I am in the UK,

I have a land rover discovery 4. 9 years old from new, 68000 miles on the clock.

I have had a range of land rover models from series 1, 1a, 2, through to the defenders 90s 110s, range rovers V6 and V8, discovery 2,3,4.

I have stuck with my D4 as I find it the best model. It's been a relatively clear run of limited problems, but if he throws a fit it gets sorted immediately.

Latest, turbo and intercooler etc full of oil. Running like a bag of spanners and excessive blue smoke. It turns out there is an upgrade for the oil pipe to the second turbo, I have had this done and a new air flow meter as the excessive oil caused the engine to draw too much air and killed it. It showed no faults on the diagnostics.

What a difference, quieter, NO smoke at all runs like a dream. It was plooms of blue smoke under load or acceleration, well worth looking into before tampering with turbos.

Gear select went very stiff and could not select drive. Limped it to the (indie) independent garage not a dealer, up on the ramp, selector greased and wow, smooth is an understatement.

It's had new wishbones, belts done. Drives beautifully. I think I have been lucky so far, just the usual temperamental door lock to get sorted now. Common fault for a disco.

You may guess I am a land rover nut. Just a few hints🤓.

Thanks again for accepting me, 👍
    welcome. Itís a great car, and a great forum...

Default Re: Hi from the 🇬🇧

Welcome and yeah there are a few of us Landy nuts lurking here
    VW Amarok V6 4Motion Highline Plus
    Defender 130 HCPU TD5
    SOLD - D4 SDV6 HSE