Load shedding today - Page 14

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Default Re: Load shedding today

Quote Originally Posted by SAND View Post
    Not to sound ungrateful, but Iíve had no load shedding today. They already missed 2 scheduled shedding sessions, and the last one is only due at 23.00. This may end up being a pretty normal day - my batteries will be happy!

Anyone else experienced this?
    Yip, with them shifting the Stages they missed us twice when we should have had a POWER FAILURE. Except yesterday, the cnuts changed the schedule as we would have had a POWER FAILURE at stage 6 and none on stage 4 but bam, POWER FAILURE from 12h00 to 16h30 when we werent on the list
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range Building for Touring, not Trails

FJ: One day when I am big

Land Rovers: Done unfortunately

(Thanks...)
    Was there yesterday, quite a blaze !
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Quote Originally Posted by NewLandy View Post
    Don't you mean kilotwat park?
    More like Kill-a-Watt Park.

I received a whats-app that Eskom did not pay the oil company who then cut off delivery!?
    Johan Kriel

LCs, Hilux and Echo Chobe

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    I received a whats-app that Eskom did not pay the oil company who then cut off delivery!?
    I also saw that, but...

Not to sound ungrateful, but Iíve had no load shedding today. They already missed 2 scheduled shedding sessions, and the last one is only due at 23.00. This may end up being a pretty normal day - my batteries will be happy!

Anyone else experienced this?
    This was yesterdays news on FaceBook and Twitter (the only thing I use them for is to get loadshedding statuses from the horses mouth, so it's not all bad):

There will be no load shedding in Tshwane today due to the fire at the Kwagga substation that has affected the power supply to the north western parts of Tshwane.
    You get idiots who will rather believe their ESP or other apps than me who got it from the horses mouth. They cannot phantom that their apps does not read what Tshwane releases.

Got it as well, sounds very feasible if they use oil to "spike" coal ?
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

My first question would be, why have no curious members of the public taken pictures of this strange amount of tanker trucks, delivering said oil, going to all these coal power stations?

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    This was yesterdays news on FaceBook and Twitter (the only thing I use them for is to get loadshedding statuses from the horses mouth, so it's not all bad):

You get idiots who will rather believe their ESP or other apps than me who got it from the horses mouth. They cannot phantom that their apps does not read what Tshwane releases.

Well, I guess Iím an idiot then for using an app and asking a question on here instead of subscribing to Twitter and Facebook to get info Ďfrom the horses mouthí...

Well, I guess Iím an idiot then for using an app .....
    Ja nee hoor, I am joining you in the idiot group
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Well, I guess Iím an idiot then for using an app and asking a question on here instead of subscribing to Twitter and Facebook to get info Ďfrom the horses mouthí...
    They are idiots for arguing with me after I have told them the correct info. Are you arguing with me?

1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

They are idiots for arguing with me after I have told them the correct info. Are you arguing with me?
    Well, thats not what you said, but okay, perhaps that what you wanted to say.

Anyway, no skin off my back, but I believe its never okay to call someone an idiot.

but I believe its never okay to call someone an idiot.
    You sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post

What about the guy mentioned in this article?
    Last edited by Hedgehog; 2019/12/11 at 07:13 AM.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

a five cylinder bakkie

Well, thats not what you said, but okay, perhaps that what you wanted to say.

Anyway, no skin off my back, but I believe its never okay to call someone an idiot.
    That is what I said, they rather believe their app that cannot read websites than me.

Anyway, the city is back on Stage 2 now .

My first question would be, why have no curious members of the public taken pictures of this strange amount of tanker trucks, delivering said oil, going to all these coal power stations?
    Oil companies supply diesel for the gas turbine plants....?
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    Got it as well, sounds very feasible if they use oil to "spike" coal ?
    Coal fired power station unit cannot start on coal. It is started either by gas or oil. Only after it has started coal will burn. I think the oil used is bunker oil, e.g. it has to be heated. To start a unit there is also high demand of electricity. The last black starting coal fired power station was across the highway from Kendal. Closed down years back.

Majuba "lost" the dedicated coal mine due to geological issues. There is plenty coal around. They were testing extracting the energy in form of underground gasification. They can burn that gas in couple units if the system is still there. Other than that after the start coal fired units burn only very fine pulverized coal which is blown in through burners together with air. Burners are in corners or on the walls. Those who know small size oil burners can have some idea how those coal burners work. They are so big that I can easily go through burner opening. Have done it few times.

If the unit loses the flame they have to ventilate the unit properly and start with oil or gas. If that is not done the boiler cal explode - Ask Duvha Power Station - 600 MW unit lost. Grootvlei had a boiler explosion very long time. It was fixed but Duvha is not (Corruption is part of the issue). Grootvei is 200 MW if I remember right.

Baby boilers, which are used mainly for steam generator have moving grid to get the coal in. No more spades like on railways using steam engines.
    Last edited by Jouko; 2019/12/11 at 07:51 AM.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Oil companies supply diesel for the gas turbine plants....?
    No, said voicenote claims they are buying oil to "spike" the low quality coal they are getting from those BEE suppliers to make it burn in the power stations.

Edit: It also claims Eskom is R500 mil behind in payments to this oil provider and delivery of the oil to spike the coal with has stopped and since then there has been loadshedding.
    Last edited by supersunbird; 2019/12/11 at 08:19 AM.

The alleged oil supplier must be of significant size to allow a debt of 500bar! Sounds unbelievable.

Eskom se Push has just announced no more load shedding since about 09h40. Is this true? The Eskom website makes no mention of this, not that it is up to date anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mikeml View Post
    The alleged oil supplier must be of significant size to allow a debt of 500bar! Sounds unbelievable.

Eskom se Push has just announced no more load shedding since about 09h40. Is this true? The Eskom website makes no mention of this, not that it is up to date anyway
    Had the same, and then got the notification that Stage 2 is back. Guess it was an optimistic slip from Eskom's side.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast