Default Ford Territory 2006 4l Ghia AWD

I want to buy a bigger famile car by brosing around I came across this Territory. I am concernd about the fuel consumption and the general maintenance and running costs.

Can anybody help me with information?

Default Re: Ford Territory 2006 4l Ghia AWD

Hennie

NICE kar vir wat mens betaal.

Hy het die straight 6 in as ek dit reg het, die Falcon/Fairmont enjin??

Petrolverbruik, in reele terme is ook beter as wat jy verwag, so tussen 8 en 9 km/liter.

Kyk net mooi, parte is BAIE duur op die goed soos elektriese vensters/central locking, ens ens ens........maar sover ek weet is die enjin en gearbox solid.

I had one for a while

Good
    Nice drive, good power and lots of space inside
    Motor apparently is bullet proof. Its a big lumpy understressed straight 6 so would believe it

Bad
    Fuel consumption... dont even ask. Mostly drove around town and got 14-15l/100k when I behaved, 20L if I did not. Worst consumption was towing my race car from Phakisa (Welkom) back home (pregnant swambo was admitted to hospital so I just chucked the car on the trailer and sped off) 25L/100km - could not get to JHB on a single tank of fuel.
    Interior quality is so-so and plastics show wear very quickly
    Parts are horribly expensive and dealer only.
    Front control arms are a know issue, only real fix is to buy and fit new parts from dealers

Eventually sold it when they could not fix the front control arms plus I started a new job further away from home so fuel cost became an issue

edited to add:
    My car had an issue with the OBC and as a result it would unlock itself after standing for a while. Took a while to realise what was the problem, as I just assumed I forgot to lock it. As a result I'm still paranoid about locking and checking my car to this day. Had the car at the dealer countless times before they relented and replaced the OBC (luckily under warranty)
    Last edited by mullerza; 2019/10/14 at 04:36 PM.
    Anton Muller

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens.

2020 X3 M40i
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Never owned one, but repaired a few. Up to last year even shocks were only available from dealers at R5500. The Monroe, now available are R2500 about. Lower control arms: I've had them re-manufactured a la "Polyparts" with no problems. They are nice to drive, but parts are a hassle. I think they are Australian (?)
    2011 Honda CRV 2.4
    2012 Fiat Panda 1200

Had one for 7 years, only traded it in on a new Ranger because of cost of spares. Brilliant comfortable long distance cruiser, tows well and has lots of space. As said before, the engine and gearbox are bullet-roof. The suspension is noisy especially the front lower control arms (same crappy design than the older Jeep Cherokee with the lower balljoints wearing out. There was a recall but it did not really fix the problem. Fuel consumption is relative, towing my Fleetline she gave ,me about 18l/100km between Pretoria and KZN southcoast, but keep in mind its a big straight 6 4 liter (the engine is more powerfull than the previous Fairmont Fords (its a twin cam). If you get it for a song with full history and you can live with a somewhat noisy suspension (over speedhumps and uneven roads) she will make you smile each time you drive her

Mate if mine at work had one. The spares are insane. had to import door switches from Oz.

Rather buy a 4.5 Nissan Patrol.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

One thing you can bet your bottom dollar on , you will get next to nothing the day you decide to sell
    Last edited by rodneykdc; 2019/10/15 at 07:34 AM.
    Life consists of two dates and a dash , make the most of the dash

Quote Originally Posted by rodneykdc View Post
    One thing you can bet your bottom dollar on , you will get next to nothing the day you decide to sell
    Thats no problem, you pick them up for next to nothing in any case! Most should be around 7 + years old by now.

What would a average price be for one? FIL has one that stands in the garage most of the time lately. Itís a bit of a white elephant.

I have sort of been tasked with trying to sell it, but I donít even know where to start pricing it. Prices online are all over the show.

we buy cars offered R35k, but at that price, I can carry on standing in FIL garage....

Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post
    What would a average price be for one? FIL has one that stands in the garage most of the time lately. Itís a bit of a white elephant.

I have sort of been tasked with trying to sell it, but I donít even know where to start pricing it. Prices online are all over the show.

we buy cars offered R35k, but at that price, I can carry on standing in FIL garage....
    I doubt it's worth more than R80k maximum.
    Jakes Louw
    Percivamus

What would a average price be for one? FIL has one that stands in the garage most of the time lately. It’s a bit of a white elephant.

I have sort of been tasked with trying to sell it, but I don’t even know where to start pricing it. Prices online are all over the show.

Piet, please PM or WA me with detail?? 0833841471 or [email protected]

Redelik gewilde Verkopers teen die regte prys.

Thanks
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2019/10/16 at 10:12 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    I doubt it's worth more than R80k maximum.
    There is a lot of room between 35 and 80k.

There is a lot of room between 35 and 80k.
    so you want an easy sale and the buyer must give top dollar, how does WBC make a profit?

They buy @ R35k, sell at R70k, 100% profit looks high but it's only R35k for the deal.

Let Petri sell it for you. I hope you won't complain about his commission.
    Jakes Louw
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    so you want an easy sale and the buyer must give top dollar, how does WBC make a profit?

They buy @ R35k, sell at R70k, 100% profit looks high but it's only R35k for the deal.

Let Petri sell it for you. I hope you won't complain about his commission.
    I donít want an easy sale. Just reasonable value. The car doesnít have to be sold, but for the right price, FIL will let it go.

I will chat to petri later today and see what he offers. I understand his need to earn a commission too. Iím just not happy to willy nilly accept the WBC offer, on a car that doesnít need to be sold