Raptor or Amarok V6 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Raptor or Amarok V6

Had a Raptor with us in the dunes three weeks ago. Hopeless! So one off road area where it cannot compete
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Had a Raptor with us in the dunes three weeks ago. Hopeless! So one off road area where it cannot compete
    I have yet to find a small capacity diesel that performs in sand and dunes. One of the areas where paper specs does not related to real world performance.

Everyone knows how a big Ford fan I used to be. The day it came clear that the Raptor Ranger will have a 2.0l diesel I have lost interest in Fords bakkie range. This made me sit back and reassess my future 4x4`s. Not the most powerful out there but I enjoy my 79 v6 Cruiser.

You just do not build a 4x4 with the best suspension out there and equip it with an engine that does not match the potential of the vehicle. The Raptor Ranger needs around 240kw to live up to its purpose.
    It is not what you buy its what you build.

Amazing how we all got power hunger , driving my son, s wildtrack towing a off-road trailer this weekend I was reminded of the early day,s Ford big sixes and the Nissan v6 bakkie s and how under powered they were . I think you can buy just about any 4x4 these day,s , they are amazing. All depends on personal taste
    Using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2