Series II Deregistered series land rover, natis query

Default Deregistered series land rover, natis query

Please can someone shed some light on how long a deregistered vehicle stays in the natis system.It was deregistered in August 2016.I have enquired at the local license department and the only thing they could tell me was that it is still in the system.Thank you

Default Re: Deregistered series land rover, natis query

If a Vehicle is on the eNatis System longer than 4 years without a Licence being paid, it's deregistered by "default". I'm 99% sure of this.

Not sure in your case how long a deregistered vehicle still stay, but a wild guess would also be 4 years after the "last transaction", meaning after it has been de registered (not by "default", by a "transaction")

So I'm assuming after any Vehicle has been "dormant" (for lack of a better word) on eNatis, that gets deregistered, and a deregistered one gets "zapped" after 4 years of last transaction.

Just make sure, like I said I may be wrong here.
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2019/10/11 at 05:26 PM.
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

When it is deregistered it is removed from the system after 21 days. At that point it remains on the system, but is archived. No transactions can be done regarding this vehicle. To get it back in the road, you need to re “introduce” the vehicle onto NATIS, after which you will need to do a police clearance, temporary license, roadworthy and then you can register the car in your name, and get a new license. You will get a new license plate.

it is basically the same process as one needs to go through for a built up or stolen/recovered vehicle, but it’s status will not be changed (it won’t become a code 3)

oh ya, you need data dot done as well.

I had to arrange this for a client last year who exported a vehicle to Swaziland, but failed to register it in Swazi, and we had to reintroduce it to NATIS here.

it’s sounds like a lot, but the whole schlep can be done in a day if you know how the process works.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RPiet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    If a Vehicle is on the eNatis System longer than 4 years without a Licence being paid, it's deregistered by "default". I'm 99% sure of this.

Not sure in your case how long a deregistered vehicle still stay, but a wild guess would also be 4 years after the "last transaction", meaning after it has been de registered (not by "default", by a "transaction")

So I'm assuming after any Vehicle has been "dormant" (for lack of a better word) on eNatis, that gets deregistered, and a deregistered one gets "zapped" after 4 years of last transaction.

Just make sure, like I said I may be wrong here.
    the 4 years also only to licensed that aren’t renewed, and the vehicle is then deregistered by default. Even then, it remains on the system indefinitely, but in an archived state

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RPiet For This Useful Post:

Where is the vehicle currently based? We would be able to help you out with this, but only in Pretoria or Cape Town.

the process should be pretty much the same at all traffic departements. Each municipality’s procedures differ slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post

oh ya, you need data dot done as well.
    Interestingly, my last two registrations I was was not asked for DataDot.

Just play it safe though...
    1998 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    2002 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Interestingly, my last two registrations I was was not asked for DataDot.

Just play it safe though...
    I think RPiet had to Data Dot it to get the SARPCO Clearance because his example above was for Export??
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post
    Where is the vehicle currently based? We would be able to help you out with this, but only in Pretoria or Cape Town. the process should be pretty much the same at all traffic departements. Each municipality’s procedures differ slightly.
    The vehicle is on my smallholding in the Karoo, stripped down.I was in the process of restoring it and someone unexpectedly made an offer to purchase my property.I accepted their offer which means the project has to be shelved until I can sort my self out as this means a big move, new job etc...I was concerned that it may be removed from the natis system therefore becoming a waste of time / money.Thank you for the rapid response and clarifying the matter, much appreciated.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Craigin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    I think RPiet had to Data Dot it to get the SARPCO Clearance because his example above was for Export??
    yes and no.

we initially needed the data dot done to get the sarpco certificate, but a year later, after the client failed to register the car in esawatini, we had to do the data dot again to “reintroduce” the vehicle to NATIS. Had the owner not lost the data dot certificate, we could probably have put it though using the initial Data Dot, but the cops were not interested in finding the data dot on the car and linking it, they insisted on a new Data Dot.

in Tshwane a data dot is required for any transaction that requires a police clearance. They won’t even look at the car without first providing a data dot certificate.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RPiet For This Useful Post:

Hope this isn't viewed as a high jack.

Bought a new vehicle in 2013 after Data Dot was introduced. Vehicle has sticker on windscreen confirming Data Dot was done, but I never received any documentation from dealer confirming this.

Was I supposed to receive any document.certificate

Also a hijack - I previously changed my engine and did the data dot thing. Now I'm changing it for a second time, must I do data dot again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Hope this isn't viewed as a high jack.

Bought a new vehicle in 2013 after Data Dot was introduced. Vehicle has sticker on windscreen confirming Data Dot was done, but I never received any documentation from dealer confirming this.

Was I supposed to receive any document.certificate
    I deal with this stuff on regular basis, and to be honest, it’s all just a money making scheme. When a vehicle is data dotted, a certificate is issued, and this has the specific vehicles details on, as well as a copy of the “QR” code or pattern of the data dot that was applied to the various components. If you have built up a vehicle, or are de-registering an old stolen/recovered vehicle, and you personally take it for Data-Dotting, then you will receive the certificate and will be able to provide a copy to the cops when you do police clearance.

if the vehicle was sold after compulsary data dotting was introduced, you will most likely never have received the certificate with your new vehicle. If you are ever required to do a police clearance on that vehicle, no matter how many stickers are placed on the car stating it is data dotted, the police will insist on you re-doing the data dot, and getting a certificate. They will also be able to point you in the direction of the nearest Data Dot applicator, whom they obviously get a kick back from.

im pretty much convinced that not one single body panel of a vehicle has ever been recovered thanks to the data dot. It’s a just another hoop to jump through, with a fee attached

Quote Originally Posted by NewLandy View Post
    Also a hijack - I previously changed my engine and did the data dot thing. Now I'm changing it for a second time, must I do data dot again?
    You will in all likelihood need to do it again. The Data Dot is applied to the chassis, underbody panels, and a few spots on the engine.

like mentioned above, in my case, the cops have never actually checked the data dot on the vehicle, and just insist on a copy of a certificate of data dot being handed in with the application. If you still have the certificate from last time, try your luck. If they turn you away, there is normally a approved data dot applicator working from a container just outside the license department grounds.

The vehicle stays in archives indefinitely.
    I have a Landy with 17 years arrears .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryFrank For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFrank View Post
    The vehicle stays in archives indefinitely. I have a Landy with 17 years arrears .
    I have another car that the license disc ran out at the end of June, I forgot to renew it until a speed cop reminded me the other day...cost R600 extra.That landy is going to break the bank.

This is where the SA licensing system is a total fee collecting con job, IMO.
    I have my old Rover P6 platkar that hasn't been on the road for 20 plus years, but I can't avoid paying my Tax for the disc regardless of whether I drive it or not.
    We should have a system like the UK where you pay to drive, and vehicles that are off the road are recorded as such.
    Cheers,
    John

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

25. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnoK For This Useful Post:

By not paying annual licence fees, it gets archived, but still attracts licence fees and penalties, I've had two such cars, one basket case 88" series 3 that I walked away from with 15years arrears (was told R18k same as asking price ) and another CA registered Corsa expired 2016 (not archived) cost me R6k to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnoK View Post
    This is where the SA licensing system is a total fee collecting con job, IMO.
    I have my old Rover P6 platkar that hasn't been on the road for 20 plus years, but I can't avoid paying my Tax for the disc regardless of whether I drive it or not.
    We should have a system like the UK where you pay to drive, and vehicles that are off the road are recorded as such.
    you can take a vehicle off the road, then you don't pay yearly license fees

However, please bear the following in mind:

You can only apply to deregister your motor vehicle if it:
    Has been declared permanently unfit to be on a public road
    Has been stolen
    Has been permanently demolished
    Becomes exempt from registration.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by sparewheel View Post
    By not paying annual licence fees, it gets archived, but still attracts licence fees and penalties, I've had two such cars, one basket case 88" series 3 that I walked away from with 15years arrears (was told R18k same as asking price ) and another CA registered Corsa expired 2016 (not archived) cost me R6k to sort out.
    definately a fee collecting com as stated above. You can’t even scrap the vehicle (Deregistered) it without first paying the arrears in full. If you do deregister it, and then want to put it back on the road later, it will end up being registered as a code 3, which destroys the value all together. It makes no sense why there is no mechanism to temporarily deregister a vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    you can take a vehicle off the road, then you don't pay yearly license fees

However, please bear the following in mind:

You can only apply to deregister your motor vehicle if it:
    Has been declared permanently unfit to be on a public road
    Has been stolen
    Has been permanently demolished
    Becomes exempt from registration.
    I am aware of that, but those scenarios are no use for a serviceable/repairable/unused vehicle that is a long term project.
    It is little short of theft that we should have to pay the license fees which amount to a ROAD TAX for a vehicle that doesn't see the road.
    Cheers,
    John

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2