Yes/No - High Miler Ranger 3,2 4x4 Auto (2012) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Yes/No - High Miler Ranger 3,2 4x4 Auto (2012)

Quote Originally Posted by rodneykdc View Post
    I read an advert lately where a Ford dealer somewhere in the Cape is advertising the new Ranger 2 litre Bi-turbo at R80000 discount , this type of tactic doesn't do the value of used Rangers any good . Ford have been doing this since the days of the Sierra if my memory serves me correctly

Just found this advert , it's no wonder Fords battle to achieve their trade/retail values

https://www.rolaford.co.za/specials
    ........and sorry, dont want to bash anyone - but I just HATE it when any price is advertised ex VAT.
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Nog so paar prentjies (lusmakertjies).....lyk rerig HEEL goed.

As hy mooi is gee ek hom sommer eers vir Jomar om so maand of 2 mee te ry, hulle soek iets om bikes mee te laai.

Weet net nie hoe swaar is die outjie op Diesel nie.

Boer van Hartswater, pekanneute, so ja, dis nie 'n Vrystaat Ranger wat brahmanbulle en elande rondgery het nie

Ons gaan net 'n jaar was om daai rooi stof uit te kry

Agterkant:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Binne ook mooi, nogal unbelievably skoon vir 'n Boer bakkie, daar le nie eens ou invoices op die dashboard en 'n pakkie Paul Revere in die cluster nie nie

..........hyt tot 'n air freshener in die airvent.

.........en die heat guage lyk heel OK

..........stuurwiel BAIE mooi vir km, die silwer bits op die center console ook

Tipies 'n Bakkie wat NET Kerk toe en terug gery het
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jo, nice truck, must say.

Love the gearbox

And nice ride (on tar anyways)

Sorry for intruding on this thread but can someone give me an indication of what my 2013 3.2 XLT D/C 4x4 is worth? 77 000km. FSH with dealer.
    Metalian canopy, stofpad rocksliders and underbody protection. Rhino lining in the bak and also dual battery.
    Many thanks.

My mening is, as jy onseker is moet jy dit los.

As n man nou loop en soek vir moelikheid, hardloop eerder deur die Cape Flats ongewapen en skree dat die American's matgom snuif.
    Alles loop reg, altyd reg!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Thanks AZ, kind words.

Ja, I'm not the Arch Angel of Used Car Stealers, but with something like this I definitely WOULD like to just do a tad more homework - ask advise, take it to a pro to have it checked, etc etc.

Buyer is interested in that accident damaged FJ that I have advertised - we've sent him ALL pics, invoices, really more than enough, so he knows 200% exaccetly what he's buying, I also just want to know what I'm trading.

I'm meeting him in Bloem on Friday, and insisted that he takes the FJ to anyone and everyone he wants to to also just inspect the car for him, and I'll do the same with the Ford.

Selling the FJ on behalf of a Friend, we've been more than transparent on this whole Deal, BUT yes, I'm not gonna retire if the FJ is sold, so I have to make 200% sure the Buyer's happy.

.......gaan 'n laaaaaaaang dag in Bloemies wees Vrydag
    I think it's always a good idea to check fuel economy. If it's not giving what it should (over at least 10k) then think again. Better if you've got some records of fuel slip[s and mileage to check. If economy is good, then it's a good bet she's not too bad, and that she's been driven well.

White smoke is usually brake fluid leaking through the brake booster into the air intake. Your brake booster servo might be damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    This is the Auto - anything I should check/look out for when testing this please (gearbox/transfer/diffs)?? Thanks!!
    I have always liked the Rangers, I had 2 of the early models, a 4x4 and 4x2 Club Cabs with diff lock for a business I had and both seemed to be bullet proof. Only ever serviced them.

Then in Zambia in 2014, I went through 3 of the 3lt Autos in a matter of months, all gearbox issues.

The vehicles were just swopped out and I wasnt informed of what the problem was. After the last time, I just ditched them and went with Jeep.

My daughters boy friends father has the same and he has had the gearbox replaced twice. (Auto)
    There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2010 Hummer H3 5.3lt V8, 300 HP, FDL, RDL, CDL, TC and 4:1 Low Range

Discovery and Range Rovers: SOLD: enough is enough

Thanks again for all Inputs!!

The bakkie goes REALLY well, must say. Was serviced by the Seller last week (at Agents).

Pulls like a train.

Heavy on juice, I guess around 8 or so, but that's at 130/140.

Gearbox feels fine, I actually LOVE that 6 speed

Bit of "play" when pulling away briskly, but I think its something on the propshaft - its really only noticeable when flooring in 1st. Maybe a universal or something.

It does smoke a wee bit in the mornings, but once again really VERY liitle. I think I'll just have the injectors checked/cleaned/whatever at Diesel Electric, sommer net - they're still the original ones, so yes, I'd definitely say just some preventative care will be money well spent.

Car is nice otherwise, one owner, no accidents or spray work except the rear lid, FSH, and a VERY open, nice, honest Seller.

I'm really VERY impressed with this 3,2 at that mileage.

And yes, a FAAAAAAR better ride on gravel than an equivalent Hilux, and its unbelievably solid and rattle free.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2