Loss of power

Thread: Loss of power

Default Loss of power

Hi!

I have a 2013 Tunland 4x4 with only 38.000 km now. Maybe three years ago it began to lose power in a specific slope at high altitude (3000 masl or more) but it was not permanent. This issue increased slowly but surely, and is permanent and present under 2000 masl now; I’ve never been again under 1500 masl since that time. I have to climb on 2nd and around 3000 rpm (20 km like this) where I climbed on 3rd and 1600-2000 rpm. After oil, air and fuel filters changed, only got a very small improvement. Changing worn-out clutch disc and press, and bearings (that person you call SWAMBO and must be SWNMBO! ), got only another small improvement. What do you think about it? Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Rod1; 2019/10/08 at 12:51 AM.

Default Re: Loss of power

What engine?
    Petrol/diesel
    Have you checked the rubber fuelhoses?

I suggest you have diagnostics done. I think its a sensor giving incorrect readings and the computer cuts fuelling resulting in power loss.
    Willie

2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2020 Nissan NP300 2.5TDi S/C

Step 1: clean all Air flow sensors and Air pressure sensors

if it persists:

Step 2: compression test

if OK:

Step 3: turbo boost pressure test
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Hi you all who answered, and thank you for the interest. I opened the thread a bit late.

It was a kind of difficult "clinic case". I haven’t answered before because the "patient" was already at the hospital. After surgical and medical therapy, there was a happy end.

Quote Originally Posted by J&J View Post
    What engine?
    Petrol/diesel
    Have you checked the rubber fuelhoses?
    It's a diesel one. I forgot to say it, but It seems to me there were only diesel Tunlands in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    I suggest you have diagnostics done. I think its a sensor giving incorrect readings and the computer cuts fuelling resulting in power loss.
    I got the advice of a very reputed expert here, former pilot and motor journalist since more than 40 years. He talked me about the ATM sensor as the origin of that kind of problems as it was at the beginning, with episodic unexplained loss of power (we talked six months ago or more). I told that to the engineers but they didn’t seem convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Step 1: clean all Air flow sensors and Air pressure sensors

if it persists:

Step 2: compression test

if OK:

Step 3: turbo boost pressure test
    Well, after a new case review in “medical board” Thursday, yesterday they told me they have download a software update (seven hours!), have done a road test and will download another update (five hours!). Today, happy end: The engineer told me on the phone the Tunland was healed, and will have more power than the original. It was a “porous” intercooler exit hose ( I don’t know the name in English), so that poor was asthmatic! 😁😂🤣 With the software update, it's now as a brand new 2020 Tunland, with 170 hp in-lieu of 161, I presume. On the road it flied climbing those mountains ⛰ in 3rd at 1500-1800 rpm, and I could overtake slow cars and trucks as I used to do, where the poor struggled as I told. In fact, it’s much better than in its first youth, with a smoother riding, especially in those sharp turns in the slopes (an old road with obsolete specifications) where I almost had not to put 2nd today. I “missed” the difficulties I had with the relations when I had to go behind a very slow truck, and 3rd was not enough and 2nd was too much, or 2nd and 1st.

Last but not least, I only had to pay the hose, not the manpower. 😍 It’s what we call here, talking about men-women, “details that make you fall in love”. It’s the way a brand “cultivate” its customers.

Thank you again, and have a good day.
    Last edited by Rod1; 2019/10/13 at 05:03 AM.