7MGE Fan switch

Thread: 7MGE Fan switch

Default 7MGE Fan switch

Hi Guys

As ive said in 7MGE idling and TPS problems, I've run into a few snags.

The radiator fan switch was buggered and might have been part of the previous owner's problems with BHG. So I went and bought one at Autozone in Port Elizabeth that opens at 90*C and closes at 85*C. However, when I installed it, the fan came on immediately when I turned the key.
    At first I thought it was faulty, but when I researched the part, I found that it is a normally closed circuit, i.e. continuity between the terminal and the body.
    As I really needed to get this vehicle going by yesterday, and because PE is a bit far to just drive for a another switch, I searched for a wiring diagram for this type of switch. I also wasn't very sure about the existing relays and wiring so thought it simply be easier to lay down new wires and relays as I had this in my spares box.

Attached is the diagram I used;

This solved the problem - or at least part of it. The fan comes on at 90*C, but then doesn't switch off again at 85*C. When the temp goes below 85, the fans still keep running - that is until I switch the vehicle off completely and back on.

Can anyone please give me any pointers here? I made double sure that my installation is exactly as per the diagram, but who knows, anything is possible hey?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: 7MGE Fan switch

Oops, I forgot to mention, I didn't take any wires to the ECU.