Metalian Genie Launch special - Page 8

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Metalian Genie Launch special

While I was at the airport I spotted a Subaru with frontrunner roofrack and featherlight tent... this is exactly what I would like to put on my trailer.

Suzi Blue , 2008 Nocturne Blue Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6

Dobinson's 40mm suspension, Wizerd rock sliders, radiator, sump and diff plates
    Frontrunner RoofRack, NL 2nd Battery Box, Llumar sun protection
    16" Hyundai Tucson rims, 235/70R16 General Grabber AT3 tyres

At the last minute I decided to go for the slider nose cone. The reason being I thought that it might be a mission to put a full fridge in the drop in nose cone without assistance.

So...just to keep the excitement alive. Any progress shots?

Any update on how the 10 Genies are coming on?

A pic or two would be nice
    - Commander Hemi
    - Metalian Genie

Any feedback Heinz? The suspense is killing me...

I'm working on supplying all requests this year (not initially offered for completion this year). I'll post pics later today. All looking good to supply before we close. Stand by.

Looking forward to collecting my new trailer on Tuesday🤘🏻🤘🏻

Has anybody thought about kitchen layout as yet? Thinking of having foam cutouts made for the crockery but need to have the space in front of me to get ideas. Maybe a Genie modifications thread in the near future

The first one or two trailers should be 100% complete today as you guys have ordered them with all accessories. (We're working through everyday till Tuesday.) I really don't feel like posting pics here after seeing how they look. I'm going to leave that up to each client to reveal his own trailer. They're all a bit different in appearance - colour and the different nosecones give each one a unique look. I've included small detail that I trust will be loved as being typically Metalian. I know this does not sound like an off-road compliment, but they're super cute.

Gawie (GBS Transport) is booked and paid to collect the trailers on Tuesday for Jozi clients - delivery no doubt Wednesday morning.

Heinz, maybe you can take a nice group photo to post later after we've revealed our trailers, or use it on your website.

I registered and licensed my trailer this morning. So hoping Wednesday I can start packing...
    Can't wait.
    - Commander Hemi
    - Metalian Genie

Quote Originally Posted by Adriaan29 View Post
    Heinz, maybe you can take a nice group photo to post later after we've revealed our trailers, or use it on your website.

I registered and licensed my trailer this morning. So hoping Wednesday I can start packing...
    Can't wait.
    Not all will be complete at the same time and some will leave as soon as they are done. We'll have to do a Genie GTG for a group foto.

It is with some egg on my face that I inform of three issues I encountered on this production run.

1. The extendable square drawbar has been replaced with a round drawbar which does not look so great. The issue arose in manufacturing the sample with tube I had in stock and when ordering the production run tube, the internal dimension is just a tad smaller. The remedy is to manufacture the coupler with drawn tube. This can be resolved after manufacture.

2. The rear drawers don't fit. The cupboards of nearly all the trailers marginally taper inwards towards the front. I've taken each trailer's dimension and will produce a bespoke drawer per trailer for those that have ordered drawers.

3. For the guys with the slide out fridge nosecone, I also need to re-manufacture your slides. This was intended to be the standard Bowhunter/Parthian slide, but it appears that we have an error emanating from the drawing office and we're 5 mm too narrow.

At this late stage I am unable to produce and paint anything in time and will send the trailers without drawers and slides. Should any of these three issues bother anyone to the point you feel you cannot live with this and it's not worth the launch price paid, I'll happily provide a full refund including interest at 15.5%.

On a more positive note, I weighed the heaviest variant of this build, this being fitted with a nosecone and fridge slide (no fridge), rear drawer with dividers, roofrack, battery brackets (no batteries), stainless steel top to kitchen door, locking bars, "hidden" drawer, shelves, spare wheel (14 inch all around) and trailer steadies, and the weight has come in at 345kgs. This allows 405kgs pack volume to reach 750kgs. The Genie is a true B licence winner. I'm super stoked with this trailer.

Hopefully some clients will post pics of their trailers as from tomorrow morning.

Heinz could you possibly elaborate on the issue with the drawers?

I would just like to know if the taper towards the front is simply a product of the manufacturing process (unique in each trailer owing to it being built by human hands), and when the drawers are made-to-fit for each trailer will this impact at all on the functionality? In my mind (not at all mechanically inclined) unless the differences are quite large it should have no real impact, except to wait longer for the finished product.

Also, from your description I assume that only the extendable portion of the drawbar would now be round. But again, it remains functionally exactly according to spec.

I have no issues....just keen on getting my grubby hands on my trailer😉

Quote Originally Posted by Wjn View Post
    Heinz could you possibly elaborate on the issue with the drawers?

I would just like to know if the taper towards the front is simply a product of the manufacturing process (unique in each trailer owing to it being built by human hands), and when the drawers are made-to-fit for each trailer will this impact at all on the functionality? In my mind (not at all mechanically inclined) unless the differences are quite large it should have no real impact, except to wait longer for the finished product.

Also, from your description I assume that only the extendable portion of the drawbar would now be round. But again, it remains functionally exactly according to spec.

I have no issues....just keen on getting my grubby hands on my trailer��
    The cupboards are like a divider panels that are welded into the trailer body. At the rear it has pre-determined fixing position. For production we have jigs that are fitted into critical areas to ensure that when other components go into those areas, that they are assembled as drawn. I thought it obvious my guys would have thought that doing the Genie is the same as we do the other trailers, and imagined that a jig would have been made as we have for the other models. The rear dimension is correct. I imagine he positioned the cupboard correctly, but as he welded, each weld pulled as he worked his way to the front. The front is anywhere from 5 to about 20 mm out of parallel. The remedy for small variance like 5 mm is possibly just to taper the drawer, and it won't be noticeable. For bigger variance, I will make up a tapered side rail, or space the rail, and you will have a drawer that is 20 m narrower. There is no other impact on function. The round extension up front is cosmetic and fixable anyway, but it makes no sense to grind out and reweld the cupboard panel in it's correct position. Had the cupboards pulled inwards, the drawers would still have fitted and I could have spaced the drawers rails at the front end.
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2019/12/19 at 08:40 AM.

Any new Genie owners care to share some photos yet....?

Just arrived after collecting my Genie. Very stoked with the outcome of the trailer. As a bonus, Metalian's latest model features in some of the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152507.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	564.0 KB 
ID:	551316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152514.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	579.9 KB 
ID:	551318   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152523.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	567.9 KB 
ID:	551319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152537.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	558.4 KB 
ID:	551320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152548.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	591.1 KB 
ID:	551321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152555.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	483.0 KB 
ID:	551322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152717.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	551323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152816.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	324.3 KB 
ID:	551324  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152819.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	301.2 KB 
ID:	551325   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191219_152827.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	549.6 KB 
ID:	551326  

Stunning

Well done Heinz

Good looking trailer. (And adorable model).

Heinz, this looks like a winner.

Other 9 owners, we look forward to admiring your trailers too. Would love to see the variations on the theme.

Happy adventuring Stephan.

Only pic I have at the moment. Was busy with last minute food and drink purchases, and packing the little Genie. Hitting the road tomorrow, so will have some more pics later.
    Beautiful trailer Heinz, and it sure is light.
    My 74l campmaster fridge/freezer will fit in the nosecone if I remove the slider rails. But no power in the nosecone yet,so using nosecone for chairs and other lighter items, fridge inside car.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    - Commander Hemi
    - Metalian Genie

Quote Originally Posted by Adriaan29 View Post
    Only pic I have at the moment. Was busy with last minute food and drink purchases, and packing the little Genie. Hitting the road tomorrow, so will have some more pics later.
    Beautiful trailer Heinz, and it sure is light.
    My 74l campmaster fridge/freezer will fit in the nosecone if I remove the slider rails. But no power in the nosecone yet,so using nosecone for chairs and other lighter items, fridge inside car.
    Love the White Genie with the white Jeep. Looking good.
    2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
    2 Inch Fox Suspension
    285/70r17 Cooper STT Muds

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast